Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
just picked one up at an auction, anyoe use one of these frankford hand primers, seems pretty skookum, heavier than i expected, wonder if others had used one.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They're good. Not Sinclair build quality, but better than LEE, etc. I think you'll be happy.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Online Content
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Plus one on what Jordan said, except the part about sinclairs, I’ve never owned one, so can’t vouch for them, I like that it comes with a bunch of holders too.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
OK for younger hands, but tiring on older boys and girls. I've gone back to using my old Rock Crusher w/feed tube.

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I have one of their decapping tools. Solid piece of gear.

Okie John

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I've been using mine for a couple of years, I like the fact that you can change shell holders without taking the tool apart like you have to on some other hand primers. I also like the fact that you can adjust the primer seating depth which has come in handy feature for me.

Start young, hunt hard, and enjoy God's bounty.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
They're good. Not Sinclair build quality, but better than LEE, etc. I think you'll be happy.

The Sinclair tool has no primer feed tray, so pick-'em-up one at a time, so not a real direct comparison.

The Frankford tool is cast instead of being machined like the Sinclair, but for a tool with a primer tray, It's as good, or better than anything else available..................far surpasses a Lee in a variety of ways, including the ability to fine tune primer seating depth as well as durability of construction.

MM

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Is everyone talking about setting seating depth also cutting the bottoms of the primer pockets flat and to uniform depth?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

The Sinclair tool has no primer feed tray, so pick-'em-up one at a time, so not a real direct comparison.

The Frankford tool is cast instead of being machined like the Sinclair, but for a tool with a primer tray, It's as good, or better than anything else available..................far surpasses a Lee in a variety of ways, including the ability to fine tune primer seating depth as well as durability of construction.

MM

True, but in my testing there is not a material difference in the time needed to prime cases, with good technique, because the Sinclair is more repeatable and that speeds things up a bit despite lacking a primer feed tray. In the sense of which is a better priming tool, it certainly is a direct comparison and I'd take the Sinclair over the FA despite having to grab one primer at a time. I'll stand by what I said, and agree with you that the FA is well-made and better than most other options on the market, but it's not built to the same level of durability and precision that the Sinclair is built to.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mathman
Is everyone talking about setting seating depth also cutting the bottoms of the primer pockets flat and to uniform depth?

I doubt it, but the ability to adjust seating depth is still useful for dealing with different brands and lots of brass that can vary significantly in pocket depth, even if the minor uncertainty in pocket depth from case to case is unmitigated. But I get your point.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I really like mine. Much better than the Lee tool it replaced.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

345 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 160user, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 34 invisible), 1,452 guests, and 981 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,866
Posts18,497,398
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.