Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S

Was curious if anyone has owned one and what there opinions were. Have the option to buy a 1 yr old express 4x4 for a good price. A few years ago I looked hard at buying one when they were textron prowler evs but the lack of information available on them caused me to hold off. Was curious as to the averge range as well as overall ability / reliability. Would be used to take the kids out to the hunt club, transport feeders, and once a year bowhunting some steep hills in Ohio. Need something real quiet and am willing to put up with decreased range and slower for electric vs gas. Thanks all.

Scott

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Scott-

I’ve spent a lot of time trying to find good reviews on the various 4x4 electric carts. The Polaris Ranger EV seems to be the only one with good reviews

I ended up with a Kawasaki Mule for real “work” around the farm and a 48v refurbished golf cart from Tidewater Carts in Columbia, SC for when i want to quietly get around checking cameras/feeders, getting to remote parts of the property to hunt, etc. I have no idea what its range is because I’ve never run down the batteries. My farm is 350 acres with tons of roads and trails and some hills as well. The cart is two wheel drive with aggressive mud tires but i am careful not to take it to my muddiest places as it does not have 4wd or a winch

Tidewater Carts built it to my specs (6 inch lift, knobby tires, Camo body, gun rack, red LED light bar) and their price was great. They delivered from Columbia to Chester, SC for $100. I actually just bought another more basic cart for our lake house And its been great for the 2 weeks I’ve had it.

I already had the Mule when i decided to needed something quieter. I consider the electric cart “light duty” and when i need to move a feeder/stand, spray a food plot, etc. i use the Mule. If your roads in Ohio are in good shape I’d not hesitate to use my golf cart for a hunt there

Good luck - hope this helps.

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
I Really appreciate the reply thanks. I have considered a custom golf cart also. With all the advances in the last 10 years or so in electric powered cars and trucks and such I figured there’d be more advancements in the UTV market also but there really hasn’t been as far as I can tell. Thanks again.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We’ve run a lifted golf cart for the last 13 years. It’s redneck as hell but it goes about anywhere as long as you don’t act like an idiot.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Road a huntve and a bad boy over the past 3 years in fall deer hinting

Don’t waste your money unless it’s cheap, your land is very flat, and you don’t mind constant problems. They suck compared to a decent 4 wheeler or side by side

A 2wd 4 wheeler will put them to shame in where it will go

If for just around flat yards and what not no big deal

Last fall I broke front R control arm on a bad boy going over a log about 10” in diameter in 4wd at a real slow crawl.

I own neither. My buddy owns them both. 5 years old. Both have required new battery sets and lots of repairs for vehicles that he doesn’t use hard or mistreat

He gave me the huntve for my small flat property just the other day. Gotta go pick it up. He said. “Good luck, you will constantly be working on it”. My wife wants a golf cart for some reason. I will probably regret taking it even for free

Lifted golf carts with rear lockers go better and more reliable my experience

I

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a 2WD gas powered EZ-GO with a lift kit and over sized mudders. I use it all the time pulling a sprayer or seeder for food plots and just general use around the farm. It it light weight enough to float pretty well over my swampy areas.

The taller tires change the gearing enough that it would not work well on steep hills

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (22250rem, 160user, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 53 invisible), 2,899 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,796
Posts18,536,480
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.