Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by the_shootist
Well, I've responded so now you have your token MORON responding. I am a fool for Christ's sake. wink

I darned near spit a whole mouthful of coffee all over my keyboard. Ribs hurt from laughing.

The funniest things are those that were never meant to be funny. And if we cannot laugh at ourselves daily, we are taking ourselves WAY too seriously.

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
And if we cannot laugh at ourselves daily

Not only can I laugh at myself daily, but I graciously provide that same opportunity to those around me. grin

Nice to see ya, Steve. wink

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
har, boys!

'zapper, so glad to see you drop in, my brother.

abiding in Him,

><>fish30ought6<><
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Opps. I missed that extra "m" eek laugh

A
A
Ok guys I might be putting my neck on the chopping block but, I think you guys have to understand something. There is a really easy way to know the truth of this whole matter, James said best James 1:5. "let him ask God" if you have the faith that I think all of you have you will get the truth you seek.

From personal experience he answered my prayer.

Thats all I am going to say. Good luck, and trust me he does answer prayers.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The Mormons do ask god - their god. And they get an answer. But it's not from GOD, it's from the deceiver. While Joseph Smith wrote the Book of Mormon and numerous other documents, I believe the intricacies of Mormonism are beyond the ability of any man to concoct, especially an uneducated man like Smith. Only Satan could so detail every verse of the Bible to stay just outside of the truth on EVERYTHING. I've been in numerous discussions with Mormons and they have an answer to everything. Their answers are so close to the truth that they sound very real, but they're not real. They're all false. They have tiny twists to every verse to make it untrue.

Dick

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
A
AEL Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Interesting, Rock Chuck. So, Satan's goal is to beguile earnest folks into a life of clean living, devotion to family and service to others? Who knew?

A
A
Ok ask your God and see what he says, I believe we believe in the same supreme being, God the Father,

Good luck, sorry to hear you believe Mormonism is a satanist cult, for a group that does allot of good that seems a little off, but everyone has that right to believe what they do.

Last edited by adbowhunter; 06/22/07.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AEL
Interesting, Rock Chuck. So, Satan's goal is to beguile earnest folks into a life of clean living, devotion to family and service to others? Who knew?

Go figure? That Mefistofeles is a tricky one. grin

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by AEL

Millions of Muslims live up to those attributes too.

Clean, devotion, and service are all relative terms and no man on earth can practice such things to the degree that it will gain him heaven. Salvation comes only through Christ.

Satan deceives many in all flavors of churches all over the world that peoples relative attainment of comparative attributes like the ones mentioned and others is what God is looking for. He knows their focus on their relative goodness will quickly lead to pride of self and condemnation of others: both traits that will not contribute to the furtherance of God's Kingdom on earth or their growth in a relationship with Christ.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Spend 2 seasons in a Mormon hunting camp.Nobody knows who's thinkin what.

I will say this they were and are some of the hardest working people I've encountered.And all super nice and very respectful.Learned lots from them.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by AEL

Clean, devotion, and service are all relative terms and no man on earth can practice such things to the degree that it will gain him heaven. Salvation comes only through Christ.

Satan deceives many in all flavors of churches all over the world that peoples relative attainment of comparative attributes like the ones mentioned and others is what God is looking for. He knows their focus on their relative goodness will quickly lead to pride of self and condemnation of others: both traits that will not contribute to the furtherance of God's Kingdom on earth or their growth in a relationship with Christ.

Agreed, RickyD.

The goal he has is to take as many people to hell with him as he can. Taking people's eyes off of the truth of the gospel and on their own goodness is a sure way to have hell increase its borders. When we compare ourselves to others here we may seem pretty good, but we are never to compare ourselves to other sinful men or women, but to the perfection of the Most High God.

No one is saying that Mormons aren't good people. I know many, some of whom are dear freinds. But, if they honestly believe that one day they will have their own universe they will be "god" in, they are sadly decieved.

The deception of Mormanism is entwined into the daily lives of its members. It permeates their activities, and their language. The worst thing about it is the use of the words we use all of the time, but with their own meanings. I have had many conversations with Morman friends in which we seemed to completely agree, only to find out that we were talking about entirely different subject. Not only did we not agree, we had almost completely opposite meanings.

Conversations with Mormans about faith must be kept (or at least always tied to) the meaning of what is being said. When we talk about salvation, what do we mean? When we talk about Jesus being the son of God, what do we mean? When we talk about going to heaven, what do we mean? When we talk about living a consecrated life, what do we mean? All of these and other things can be found to be points of difference.

When I say that Mormanism is a cult (which I do say, and without hesitation), then what do I mean by this? I mean that it is a religion that tells its people that Jesus Christ is not the Eternal Word Who had no beginning. He existed before all in any universe, and is co-equal with God the Father. He is called the Son of God due to Him being incarnate as the Lamb of God to take away our sins because to give His blood He must have had a body.

When I say it is a cult I mean that it is a teaching that points people away from the simple word of God in which we are depraved due to sin in our nature, and that that sin is not a result of us rebelling against God in some spirit world. I mean that it teaches that God had two sons, Satan and Jesus, and that we were born as spirit children in that spirit world, and then were born here in the flesh. I mean that angels and men are different types of beings, and that one can never be the other, so one could never be born as Moses. I mean that there is no priesthood that we can rise in, but are saved by faith alone in the blood shed by the only begotten Son of God, the 2nd person of the Trinity, Jesus. I mean that any teaching that points people away from only faith in Christ and the blood He shed for our salvation will end in pointing people to hell.

Mormons are loving, caring family oriented people for the most part. But it is my experience that often they do so for the purpose of gaining a higher position in that priesthood. It is what they are told is the right thing to do and the way to a higher level. Yes it is the right thing to do, but it should be simply to be obedient, not for personal achievement.

In their favor, however, at least they do it. Oh that Christians were as willing to tell their neighbors the gospel, and treat them with loving kindness.

[Linked Image]
"What will you say when God asks you 'why?'"

KJ believer
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by AEL

Agreed. The verses of scripture that come to mind is in Romans 10:3-4 which follow:

Originally Posted by HolyBible

Rom 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Schoolmaster - Author - Finisher - End of the law - HE is our righteousness. Amen, amen!

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by WoodsWalker
Originally Posted by AEL

Go figure? That Mefistofeles is a tricky one. grin

I strikes me as odd that people such as Mormons could or should be stimatized as a cult.

A couple of comments:

As an Arianist, I could easily make fun of the "trinitarian god" thereby stigmatizing all who believe that three in one stuff as "cultists". I don't. While I don't subscribe to trinitarian notions, I'll take your sincerity at face value.

Second, it strikes me as odd that the actual name of the Mormon church is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints(my emphasis). Since that religion wasn't started until the mid 1800s it seems odd that the name "Church of Jesus Christ" wasn't already taken!!! Was no one aware of this omission? If I was a protestant of the reformation I would have grabbed that title right away! Let's take the Mormons at face value.....I've been to their website and it seems that they are only trying to do good. And that helps everyone, right? smile

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AEL

Precisely, because Mormons believe that you're saved by these works and that's totally false. You're saved by faith in Jesus (the Christian Jesus, not the Mormon Jesus. Big difference).

Dick

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Ringman Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
AEL,

So, Satan's goal is to beguile earnest folks into a life of clean living, devotion to family and service to others?

Yes. Satan's goal is to begile. Period.

Who knew?

Those who believe God's Word.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by AEL

Precisely, because Mormons believe that you're saved by these works and that's totally false. You're saved by faith in Jesus (the Christian Jesus, not the Mormon Jesus. Big difference).

Dick

You make these pronouncements as if your doctrine is a done deal. But from past dealings on these fora, the "works vs faith only" argument, is far from a done deal. There are scriptures on both sides. eek

I further take issue that somehow there is a Christian Jesus vs a Mormon Jesus. Jesus was a Christian, right? Seems if you believe in Him you're a Christian. Mormons believe in Christ, right? smile

I've disagreed (and agreed too) with many of you on these fora, but never to the point where I've questioned your integrity or your basic faith in your beliefs. If you're comfortable with your doctrine, I'm OK with that. Just don't try to stigmatize me (or anyone else) with any less faith or belief than you have. cool

That doesn't seem correct. And in fact, once name calling starts, I tend to discount that person's arguments. whistle

Ringman Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
mrmarklin,

If you read church history you will discover the early church called itself catholic because it means universal. Check with the denomination called Chruch of Christ. They believe they trace thier denomination back to the apostles. They claim to have been in existance while the Catholic church corrupted its ways; necessitating a reformation.

There is a thing I wonder about. About half way through the 1800s several new denominations sprang up IN the U.S. It was almost like Satan was waiting for the right time to begin his deceptions.

If you "easily make fun of the "trinitarian god" thereby stigmatizing all who believe that three in one stuff as "cultists" you will not be the first nor the last. And it will not make any difference to the Truth.

You will take the sincerity at face value? You need to take Jesus at His Word and repent, believe in Him and obey Him. He is not impressed with your acceptance of any group.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What is an Arianist?

"Jesus was a Christian, right?"

For some reason this does not sound right to me. Can anyone tell me why I don't understand this statement. confused

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ringman
If you read church history you will discover the early church called itself catholic because it means universal.

That is correct.

Check with the denomination called Chruch of Christ. They believe they trace thier denomination back to the apostles.

It must have been tough, living in caves for almost two thousand years. And they must have done a good job of hiding because nobody knew of their existence until the late 19th and early-20th Century. Non-denominational, probably descended from the Deciples of Christ, who in turn are a mixed-breed of Presbyterian and Baptist.

They claim to have been in existance while the Catholic church corrupted its ways; necessitating a reformation.

Yup, just lurking in the cave, waiting for an opportunity. And Luther became a Protestor almost 400 years before they officially existed. Musta been asleep!!! crazy crazy crazy

There is a thing I wonder about. About half way through the 1800s several new denominations sprang up IN the U.S. It was almost like Satan was waiting for the right time to begin his deceptions.

Lots of very smart folks believe that it is wonderful to multiply by dividing. Danged if I can see the good, but apparently the modern thing is to disagree, argue and start a new denomination. It would seem to me that establishing a firm church government, talking out the differences, making peace and keeping the congregation (and families) together would be what good Christians would do. Apparently not. But what do I know??????

It is also quite important that the church, no matter what denomination, not follow every PM silliness that happens to momentarily sway the secular society. The Episcopals are currently having a problem with that. Heck, they even have a lesbian lady priest in Seattle who is also a Muslim. http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/cg...77&slug=redding17m&date=20070617 Try to figger that one out!!!!!

All of the above makes me very, very glad to be a devout Catholic; thanks be to God.

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (06hunter59, 1_deuce, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 61 invisible), 2,619 guests, and 1,145 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,474
Posts18,529,427
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.