OK. I�m finally getting around to posting my results with Remington�s HeviShot.
(Hope you don�t mind me borrowing your format, Jesse.)

The particulars:

All shots were on March 14, 2003

Shotgun Used

Benelli Nova � 24� barrel � Factory Full choke (all patterns)
I shot the same shells and yardages with the factory Modified choke and the patterns were fair but the full was better.
I used the factory red front bead and mid bead for sights. I fired a few dove loads at 10 and 20 yards for �sighting in�.
I did not clean between shots. I did check it a few times though and it looked pretty good. Fouling was at a minimum even with 16 shots being fired.

Conditions

~70�F � no wind � partly cloudy
All shots were off a bench with sandbag rests.
Yardages measured with a tape measure.

Pattern #1

This was the 3 inch magnum, #5, 1-5/8 oz. at 30 yards.
There are 37 pellets in the head/neck area, 96 pellets inside the smaller 8 inch circle, and 328 pellets in the outer 30 inch circle.

[Linked Image]

Pattern #2

This was the 3 inch magnum, #5, 1-5/8 oz. at 40 yards.
There are 24 pellets in the head/neck area, 34 pellets inside the smaller 8 inch circle, and 239 pellets in the outer 30 inch circle.

[Linked Image]

Pattern #3

This was the 3� inch magnum, #5, 1� oz. at 30 yards.
There are 54 pellets in the head/neck area, 80 pellets inside the smaller 8 inch circle, and 252 pellets in the outer 30 inch circle.

[Linked Image]

Pattern #4

This was the 3� inch magnum, #5, 1� oz. at 40 yards.
There are 19 pellets in the head/neck area, 27 pellets inside the smaller 8 inch circle, and 208 pellets in the outer 30 inch circle.

[Linked Image]

My feelings about these loads
I�ll be hunting with the 3�� 1�oz loads this year. I�ll be ordering some more of them since I�m down to 5 shells. At the end of my testing I shot one shot at 20 yards from a sitting/hunting position to see how much it would take to miss a bird. The main part of the pattern was inside a 6� circle with a few flyers outside that. I didn�t bother to count the pellets and I�m not sure how many #5 pellets are in one of these loads.

Until I can decide which choke to buy for this gun the factory Full will have to do.

I did pattern some Winchester Supreme #5�s in 3� 1�oz and 2oz loads. The 2oz load at 30 yards was incredibly tight. It put 41 pellets in the head/neck area, 91 pellets inside the 8� circle, and 317 inside 30�; but � it fell off a LOT at 40.

Romans 8:28