Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Rolly Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I just got a kickboat and am wondering how to transport it. The tubes at 8.5 feet long and the frame is 55 inches wide. I would like to transport it with my Toyota Tacoma that has a canopy on it. The boat weighs about 70 lbs and I doubt that I can get the whole thing atop the canopy. How do you guys transport your kick boats ?

Rolly
GB1

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Having a full size pick up I can transport mine in the box.My pard has one too and we stack em up in either of our trucks.I would suggest a small trailer or a set of racks on the canopy.I am assuming what you're calling a kick boat is what I call a pontoon boat with inflateable pontoons.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
When I had a Toyota PU I could get mine in the back by letting a bunch of air out of the pontoons for travel then using an electric pump to refill them lakeside. Also hauled it on top on trips when the back of the truck was full of other gear.

On longer trips I have pulled the pontoons off of the frame to fit it in a camper, but reassembly is tedious on my Bucks Bag, (especially while listening to fish slurping nearby!)

Which boat did you go with, Rolly?

Rolly Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Costco had 'em for sale here. Probably a cheap chinese knock off. No pump was included so now I have to look around for one of those. Thanks guys for the help.

Rolly
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I hope you enjoy your new boat, Rolly! On small water that is such a fun way to go.

IC B2

Rolly Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I am sure I will enjoy the inflatable Cast and Blast. We have such wonderful rivers around here that are suitable for floating and fishing. I have a homebuilt styrofoam boat that I have used for several years. Got the plans for that from a place in Hamilton Mt. and built it myself. It is called the WaterSkater and even for looking rather odd, the old styrofoam boat really performs well. Anyway, I finally got embarassed with my friends calling me the Styrofoam Man and went with an inflatable. But, I found out last night that even with de-inflating the tubes to about 75% I still can't get the frame and tubes into my Tacoma unless I disassemble the frame. I guess I'll have to remove the topper.

Last edited by Rolly; 05/16/07.

Rolly
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I take the pontoons off and deflate them. Stick them in a bag put them anywhere. Frame goes on a trailer or on top of my Jeep. Travels easy and takes less than 15 minutes to set up.

I bolted my frame together as I float a lot in rivers.

Mickey

"Instead of getting married again I am just going to find a women I don't like and give her a house"
D
D
Rolly, Did you get the Outfitter 300 from Costco . I bought one about a month ago and have only had it to the water once . I can't keep air in the right side .I called the company in Kent Wash. and they sent a new bladder ,but it also has a pin hole . Both bladders had pin holes in there rear ,right where three seams come together .I tried to patch them ,no luck . I think they are great little boats .I think they are made in Washington State . Not sure though, I guess I'll have to change my name to slow leak .

D
D
Rolly Its no big deal to take the pontoon off takes about 5 min. If you can;t get it on top just take one pontoon off . and slip it inside .

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (2500HD, 1234, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 25aught6, 62 invisible), 2,436 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,943
Posts18,519,107
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.