Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Anyone use it? Worth it, or kind of a scam? Who would you suggest, if any? Good or bad stories?

After nearly 2.5 years I'm getting another female black lab.

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
We've had it for a number of pets, including our lab who died of cancer. The benefits are not even close to worth the cost and hassle.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I asked a vet I knew this question many years ago. She told me to find out how much the premiums are and set up a savings account and pay yourself the premiums starting when the dog is a puppy. That way if you need it, hopefully you'll have enough to cover the bills or at least help pay. Most dogs don't have too many problems until they get older. If the dog dies, the money is still yours.

My son looked into it for his dog and he said the insurance he was looking at didn't pay for much. Just routine stuff, but not surgeries or anything catastrophic.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Black Labs Matter!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
I asked a vet I knew this question many years ago. She told me to find out how much the premiums are and set up a savings account and pay yourself the premiums starting when the dog is a puppy. That way if you need it, hopefully you'll have enough to cover the bills or at least help pay. Most dogs don't have too many problems until they get older. If the dog dies, the money is still yours.

My son looked into it for his dog and he said the insurance he was looking at didn't pay for much. Just routine stuff, but not surgeries or anything catastrophic.
This!

Also, the only vaccine you can't do yourself is rabies. You can get the rest online if you can't find it locally. One source is jefferspet.com There are others.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Taco2fiddy7
Anyone use it? Worth it, or kind of a scam? Who would you suggest, if any? Good or bad stories?

After nearly 2.5 years I'm getting another female black lab.

We had it for our two Boxers... And my son has it for his two French Bulldogs.. Ours was just 'OK' - paid for about half of what the bill was.. But my son's policy is quite good - pays for 80% of the vet bill...

Good thing too - those two Frenchies would have cost him a yuge bundle if not for that...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Insurance is a scam based on taking in more money than it pays out so it's designed to screw you from the start.

If you want to significantly cut your pet ownership costs then put your animal down as soon it shows health problems when it gets old. Easier said than done...

Quando omni flunkus moritati
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Whiptail

Insurance is a scam based on taking in more money than it pays out so it's designed to screw you from the start.

If you want to significantly cut your pet ownership costs then put your animal down as soon it shows health problems when it gets old. Easier said than done...

Not sure about screwing but what business doesn't take in more money than they give out?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It hurts to lose a loved pet but they aren't people. You can never replace a lost child but with a pet - nothing gets you over the loss of your dog as fast as a new puppy.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Its a scam as is all Insurance..

IC B3

Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
The easiest way to describe this is: In order to avoid paying for a service(vet in this case), you try to pay someone else who Makes money off of no work being done.

Truly the communist way....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've considered it, but I don't want to contribute to pet care cost inflation like health insurance has increased the cost of human medical care.

If an animal needs more medical care than I can afford, it's time to put them down. Animals aren't like people - their soul doesn't benefit from suffering so extending their life is pointless.

Politics is War by Other Means
K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
Have it and thought it was a waste until my boy dog got cancer on his leg. They (Nationwide) paid 90% and I got 4 yrs worth of premiums back on one claim.About $30 /month.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by Whiptail

Not sure about screwing but what business doesn't take in more money than they give out?

Most businesses provide an actual good or service.

Quando omni flunkus moritati

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

83 members (35, AceBall, 6mmbrfan, 16penny, 14 invisible), 1,573 guests, and 729 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,514,966
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.