Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Does anyone have experiences or feedback with WEN products?

I am likely going to get THIS generator for use on the travel trailer. I like the specs, fuel shut-off, dB rating, etc. Price is pretty solid, too.

Yeah, yeah...I know Honda this or Yamaha that; spare me those details, please!

Thoughts otherwise?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I wish I could find one about that size that would put out 240v. I'd like one that would run our pump in a blackout.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

This one one Harbor Freight has good ratings......

$800 bucks though

[Linked Image from shop.harborfreight.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I checked them out for my Daughters trailer and they seem to have a pretty good rating.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Most all of the Chinese made products are the same. I like Champion brand generators because they seem to have decent quality control, even though they are Chinese. I have had 2 of the older type ones and they worked well and were easy to start.

IC B2

P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by reivertom
Most all of the Chinese made products are the same. I like Champion brand generators because they seem to have decent quality control, even though they are Chinese. I have had 2 of the older type ones and they worked well and were easy to start.

I have a Champion open-frame 4K and it is just fine as a machine, but too loud for camp use. MANY of the gens are the same-same as others, just different case on em. And most would be surprised just how much the "Big Guys" get parts from China as well.

Originally Posted by tikkanut

This one one Harbor Freight has good ratings......

$800 bucks though

Yeah, I am prepared for the $800 part, but the Predator (and others like it) lack some key features for me. The fuel shut-off is a big thing I do want. Even with running ethanol-free fuel through the engine, the carb needs to be drained to ensure less gumming with longer-term storage. The feature I like best on the WEN is the fuel shut off is part of the choke knob on the front. One can turn to the "auto-off" setting and it cuts the fuel and burns the carb dry and then dies. The Predator must have a side panel removed to drain the carb through a tube and out the bottom.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I haven't used one so don't know about the generator itself & can't comment on that. I saw a youtube video on it and the guy pointed out that from the WEN website it's $745 with free shipping, so a bit cheaper if you order direct.

https://wenproducts.com/collections...le-inverter-generator-with-fuel-shut-off

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
I haven't used one so don't know about the generator itself & can't comment on that. I saw a youtube video on it and the guy pointed out that from the WEN website it's $745 with free shipping, so a bit cheaper if you order direct.

there ya go !

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I don't know if all of the inverter generators do it but I can put mine in ECO mode and it will only throttle up enough

to handle the demand put on it. Noise and fuel usage go WAY down when it isn't running at full speed all of the time.

Whatever brand or wattage you go with, get an inverter. Mine(2200) doesn't even come off low speed when running two lights, TV and a fan.

P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
The eco button is on a lot of them anymore, and certainly a nice feature. I am not looking at anything that isn’t an inverter type.

The other feature that I like a lot is the WEN comes with a travel trailer 30 amp plug installed! Most have a 4 prong twist-lock receptacle.

IC B3

P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

there ya go !

Duuuddeesss! And if I order 12, they’re $695 each! 🤣

Thanks for the link, for whatever reason, I never saw that. I may just need to order directly from them.

P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Well, the WEN went out of stock everywhere...many others are out of stock too! I guess there's a big run on outdoor stuff in general; camping, beaches, etc and that is putting a strain on the supply.

Firman makes all their own components (though I am certain most offshore) so they're still in stock a bit.

This one also has a touch more watts, so that is a good thing to start my A/C on the TT if needed.

The only thing it doesn't have, that would have been handy, is electric start. But that should just a-ok.

FIRMAN W03381 3650i

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Fugawe
I don't know if all of the inverter generators do it but I can put mine in ECO mode and it will only throttle up enough

to handle the demand put on it. Noise and fuel usage go WAY down when it isn't running at full speed all of the time.

Whatever brand or wattage you go with, get an inverter. Mine(2200) doesn't even come off low speed when running two lights, TV and a fan.

What brand, please.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by reivertom
Most all of the Chinese made products are the same.

Yep.. All made in China by slave labor using stolen technology.

Enjoy.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by jaguartx

What brand, please.

Honda. I went ahead and spent the bucks($900) because I couldn't find ANYTHING bad written about them.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I've been using one of these all summer at my mountain campground. It has worked great, but I have no illusions of it lasting like a Honda at three times this generator's price. Saturday I was going to buy a second to connect into it but got sidetracked. It went from $420.00 on Amazon on Sat to $470.00 on Sunday. I don't really need it, but I did like the fact I could add the second unit and power everything I might want to run all at once.

https://wenproducts.com/collections/generators/products/4000-watt-open-frame-inverter-generator

https://generatoradvisor.com/wen-gn400i-review/

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by windridge
I've been using one of these all summer at my mountain campground. It has worked great, but I have no illusions of it lasting like a Honda at three times this generator's price. Saturday I was going to buy a second to connect into it but got sidetracked. It went from $420.00 on Amazon on Sat to $470.00 on Sunday. I don't really need it, but I did like the fact I could add the second unit and power everything I might want to run all at once.

https://wenproducts.com/collections/generators/products/4000-watt-open-frame-inverter-generator

https://generatoradvisor.com/wen-gn400i-review/

I like those ones pretty well. The lack of portability killed em for this use, but I am considering a pair of them for the house. It seems WEN makes some pretty good products.

P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by jaguartx

What brand, please.

Honda. I went ahead and spent the bucks($900) because I couldn't find ANYTHING bad written about them.

I really tried to get into a Honda, but with the power demands I had to run the TT A/C, the Honda’s price was too much for the amount of use it will see. Maybe one day I’ll find an oil well in my back yard and get a pair of the 2200 Honda’s.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

422 members (160user, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 2500HD, 1lesfox, 37 invisible), 2,059 guests, and 1,093 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,090
Posts18,501,862
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.