Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Beoceorl
FYI

B-GRF Geissele Rapid Fire Trigger - $174.99

B-G2S-E Geissele 2 Stage Enhanced Trigger - $174.99

At Brownells

And for those that have them, how much better are those triggers than the RRA 2 stage varmint and Larue tactical MBT2S? You can buy 2 of either of those for the price of one of those geissele triggers..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Last fall I had a chance to visit Brownell's and they have a dandy AR trigger and grip display. That $200+ stuff was good, sure as heck, but, I thought the FM Products FM-9 Match trigger was absolutely fine for $80-90. But then I like Timneys on bolt guns plenty fine too. LOL

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
FYI

At Brownells

And for those that have them, how much better are those triggers than the RRA 2 stage varmint and Larue tactical MBT2S? You can buy 2 of either of those for the price of one of those geissele triggers..

I'm not gonna say that Geissele is a better feeling trigger than the RR but I will gladly take my G2S's over them for nothing else than personal choice though I do see it as a better trigger than RR. I've had great success with the Geissele SSP triggers too and will buy them when I need another one, straight trigger over the curved one.

If RR suits you then run em, they are good enough. I've never kept a LaRue yet...

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
FYI

At Brownells

I don't know. I use Larue's myself, but I know there are folks on here that are Geissele fans, and I thought they might be interested.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
FYI

At Brownells

I have both.

The Geissele 2 stage is lighter, crisper, and has a smoother reset.

I put RRA's in the kids guns, but I have both of the Geissele's above in mine.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
FYI

At Brownells

I use the G2S in mine mostly. My buddies have the Larue version. I still think the Geiselle is a better trigger in fit and feel, but it isn’t too bad though for about 2/3’s the cost.

Semper Fi
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Oh and I have a couple of the G2S-E’s in a couple rifles and can’t tell any difference from the G2S, if that means or helps anything.

Semper Fi
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by beretzs
Oh and I have a couple of the G2S-E’s in a couple rifles and can’t tell any difference from the G2S, if that means or helps anything.

I was wondering about that. I was on a site earlier and saw the G2S "match" trigger for $165.00. Personally I have used and tried a few. Kept a SSA-E and sorry, but I see very little difference between the RRA 2 stage varmint match for $79.00 and the SSA-E, after a little polishing on the RRA. By polishing, I mean very little. Maybe just a few minutes worth of work. The SSA-E is slightly lighter, obviously, but for the money, Id take the RRA. The Geissele is a damn good/well built trigger, don't get me wrong, but if this were on the other thread "parts is parts", it would have to be one of those items where a less expensive trigger may be just as good. This is where paying more just for the name applies.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Yeah, I’d like to try the RRA trigger. Sounds like a good piece of kit.

Semper Fi
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by beretzs

Did you try a trigger gauge?
Geisseles in all of my ARs.
G2S to National Match and a few in between.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
FYI

At Brownells

My neighbor for the last 10+ months, has been working on 300WSM AR10 build (KAK upper). He has been waiting on a Geissele trigger to put in it, so he can finish the build.I've let him know everytime I find one on sale online, but "it's never the right price". When I talked to him on the 4th of July, I asked him if her ever got his Geiselle trigger. He told me, he's going to go ahead and just put the Aero trigger in it that came with the lower build kit for now. I got a good laugh, as I told him about the RRA and LaRue triggers and even offered to let him shoot my 6.5 Grendel with LaRue trigger in it, but he passed. I honestly think he just needs something to bitch about with his wife, hence never buying the Geissele.

Last edited by Hudge; 07/19/20.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I put a Geissele SSA-E in one of mine in place of a RRA. I really noticed a difference right off. It was smoother pull, slightly lighter pull, much better reset. I didn't throw it away, but don't regret spending the money on the Geissele.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

B
B
This place always has the best prices on Geiselle triggers. Not much in stock now, but add your email to the notifications.

https://tradingplacepawn.com/shop-online/ar-15-triggers.html

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

422 members (06hunter59, 10ring1, 163bc, 10Glocks, 160user, 01Foreman400, 37 invisible), 2,241 guests, and 1,005 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,659
Posts18,512,842
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.