Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
G
g5m Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
and the history of how all that Amonium nitrate got to be there. And stay there.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopoliti...ous-businessman-center-beirut-blast-saga

Retired cat herder.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There seemed to be two explosions smaller one preceding huge one. It appears that some king of new high kinetic energy explosive was used. I'm guessing Hezbollah munition storage facility was the intended target. Naturally stupid people will accept any explanation given by the media.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Slavek
There seemed to be two explosions smaller one preceding huge one. It appears that some king of new high kinetic energy explosive was used. I'm guessing Hezbollah munition storage facility was the intended target. Naturally stupid people will accept any explanation given by the media.

Naturally, it has to be a covert conspiracy, rather than a stupid accident.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I'm no expert on the subject, but from what I've read nitrate fertilizer is some very volatile stuff. It was a favorite of the IRA way back when. Quite a few of those people blew themselves up messing with it. The way I hear it is, once it's stirred up into what it's going to be all it takes is a static electricity spark to set it off.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

Like the moment of your conception?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seems pretty unusual to lease a ship and hire a crew to transport your goods.
Don't you usually just hire a cargo ship for an auto b run or a to a if you are sending it somewhere they can't get another cargo nearby?

I wonder who the actual owner of the ship was...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

I wonder who the actual owner of the ship was...

Either Soros or Trump, depending on your bent...

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

Yea,... yea, ...that's the ticket...a stupid accident...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ANFO

Chemistry

The chemistry of ANFO detonation is the reaction of ammonium nitrate with a long-chain alkane (CnH2n+2) to form nitrogen, carbon dioxide, and water. In an ideal stoichiometrically balanced reaction, ANFO is composed of about 94.3% AN and 5.7% FO by weight. In practice, a slight excess of fuel oil is added, as underdosing results in reduced performance while overdosing merely results in more post-blast fumes.[7] When detonation conditions are optimal, the aforementioned gases are the only products. In practical use, such conditions are impossible to attain, and blasts produce moderate amounts of toxic gases such as carbon monoxide and nitrogen oxides (NOx).

The fuel component of ANFO is typically diesel, but kerosene, coal dust, racing fuel, or even molasses have been used instead. Finely powdered aluminium in the mixture will sensitise it to detonate more readily.[8]

ANFO is classified as a blasting agent, meaning that it decomposes through detonation rather than deflagration at a velocity higher than the speed of sound in the material but cannot be detonated with a No. 8 blasting cap without a sensitizer. ANFO has a moderate velocity compared to other industrial explosives, measuring 3,200 m/s in 130 mm (5 in) diameter, unconfined, at ambient temperature.

ANFO is a tertiary explosive, meaning that it cannot be set off by the small quantity of primary explosive in a typical blasting cap. A larger quantity of secondary explosive, known as a primer or a booster, must be used.[9] One or two sticks of dynamite were historically used; current practice is to use Tovex or cast boosters of pentolite (TNT/PETN or similar compositions).[10]

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Back in the day (way, way back....) my younger brother and I took a 5 gallon bucket of ammonium nitrate from the fertilizer pile. Soaked it in diesel, made a pipe bomb using black powder and cannon fuse---and blew diesel and ammonium nitrate all over tarnation, but could not get ignition. Apparenlty you need the kind of percussion you get from a blasting cap to ingnite the stuff and blasting caps were waaaay beyond our ken.

Tarquin
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
These must be the missiles that missed TWA Flight 800 and are just now coming down, right?

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I'm no expert on the subject, but from what I've read nitrate fertilizer is some very volatile stuff. It was a favorite of the IRA way back when. Quite a few of those people blew themselves up messing with it. The way I hear it is, once it's stirred up into what it's going to be all it takes is a static electricity spark to set it off.

Ammonium nitrate is the white stuff found in tannerite. It is the white granular stuff found in cold packs. It has been used as a fertilizer for decades. Mixed with diesel, it becomes a very inexpensive low velocity explosive. I think calling it a "very volatile stuff" is an over statement.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No Rocky, they were probably some of your WP rockets shot 50 years back that were redirected by UFOs.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Bristoe, there are a whole lot of people on the board here who are clearly not experts on the subject - but make definitive statements anyway.

There is no need for some arcane conspiracy when the government is not only wholly incompetent but riddled with corruption, and the overriding doctrine of the people is "inshallah".

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Dan, I DID fire a few way high into the sky to see how far they'd go into Cambodia - and never saw them hit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Does anybody know if ammonium nitrate is really that explosive.

Everything written about this sounds like ANFO.

This was fertilizer. Only. No fuel.

And as Joken and Tarquin post, ANFO isn't all that easy to detonate.

Googled it.

My dumbass had forgot about the explosion in Texas City.
Watched that several times on History.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
A bit off topic,..

It's a fairly well known fact that many things can be explosive if they're powdered fine enough,..even metals. Coal dust, wheat dust, and aluminum dust, to name just a few.

For them to be dangerous they have to be fine enough to float in the air,..microscopically small particles.

A few years ago I worked in a small, one man machine shop which was part of a big manufacturing company. Periodically, they had a safety team go around the place looking for potentially dangerous situations.

They came around to my little machine shop one day and there was an accumulation of aluminum chips under my work bench from the milling machine. Just some stuff that was hard to get to with the broom.

The guy gave me a big lecture about how aluminum chips had the potential to blow up if you let them accumulate.

I just looked at him.

People have to be born that dumb.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It was fireworks.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
It’s not really that hard to understand what happened. The original fire was either a fireworks factory or a Hezbollah munitions dump. It had been burning for some time. It heated the AN and also probably provided an explosion that set the AN off. AN beaks down and becomes more unstable improperly stored. If the original fire was an accident at a fireworks factory or an attack on a Hezbollah ammunition dump is unknown but the leaving of AN for years improperly stored in a dense occupied area is pure .gov incompetence.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
It was a new explosive the Joooos are going to use to take over the world, oh wait, they already took over the world.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (1234, 10Glocks, 1minute, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 153, 63 invisible), 2,360 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,535
Posts18,472,769
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.