Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#15129459 08/12/20
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Doesn’t it make sense? If we are taking more covid tests we would get more positive results??

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've never heard a word of speculation about how many people would have tested positive in any previous flu epidemic. I think any of them would have been equally high if they'd been tested. A positive test doesn't mean the person is sick (assuming the test is accurate). Most of those who are exposed will fight it off before they get sick.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Yes. More tests equals more positives. What hasn’t changed and has never changed is the fatality rate is still around 1 percent worldwide! Here in Utah it’s less than half a percent. But hey let’s shut everything down.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Whelenman
Doesn’t it make sense? If we are taking more covid tests we would get more positive results??

The news will be happy to tell you that the virus is spreading astronomically. In some places testing has gone up 700+% so yeah...more positives are showing up, most of which are either antibodies present or asymptomatic. Death rate still at .03% nationally....

If you believe anything they say...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Hover cursor over daily results graph line for total number of tests performed and number of positives for just that day for all the states combined.

Click on where it says "US" and choose a state for just those state's numbers.

(This site was including number of corvid deaths in their graph but for some reason stopped a couple of weeks ago.)

Daily State-by-State Testing Trends

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Fact

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Testing in our little rural county finally became available a couple of weeks ago. We know 5 people who signed up, but the process was going so slowly that they left without being tested. A week or so later, each of them received their "results" in the mail, and each of them had tested "positive." Imagine that!

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Hospitalizations for covid like disease (pneumonia flu etc) are nationally at the same rate as last year at this time. Hospitalizations are presently at the lowest levels since March, and again the same as last August before the china flu.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Yes, just like when testing for anything else like cancer or strep throat. Was there a point to the question?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe

The news will be happy to tell you that the virus is spreading astronomically. In some places testing has gone up 700+% so yeah...more positives are showing up, most of which are either antibodies present or asymptomatic. Death rate still at .03% nationally....

If you believe anything they say...

Chui,

From my perspective, the MSM and Pop Culture reaction to the virus defies logic.

First question I keep asking is "Is this virus super contagious or not?" The fact that it jumped out of Wuhan and circled the globe in 8-10 weeks early last year, and by April could be found not only in pretty much every country on earth, but every country in the US is proof that this nasty bastard is highly contagious. Once it got out of Wuhan, there was not stopping it. Once it got in every country, and here every county, it was going to spread and nothing was going to stop that. Not masks, not a shut down, not Haitian Voodoo. MAYBE you can slow it down, but for what end purpose. Like I told a numbnutz in another thread, COVID is out there and it's looking for you! You can run but you can't hide indefinitely.

Next, on the lethality. This is a new virus to mankind. It just jumped from animal to human. There is no real herd immunity against new viruses. As i said elsewhere. Ask the Incas how they fared after Pissarro showed up with smallpox, syphillis, and a whole host of other diseases Europeans had in their society for centuries but were absent in the New World. It killed the s h i t out them. This Chinese bullshit obviously hit the most vulnerable hardest first. That would be the elderly and those with other health issues. HOWEVER, nobody seems to want to talk about how huge percentage of people who became carriers and were asymptomatic.

How did it get all around the world without all the carriers dropping dead like flies? After all, it got into every country in the world before anyone could take notice, right? People got on airplanes and flew around. Obviously not all of them or even a majority fell ill, were hospitalized, or died. A few did, but we have no trail of bodies that show who were the Typhoid Marys of COVID.

If we then accept that this is a highly contagious phoucer, then it spreads quickly and easily. Based on current testing results, it cannot be denied that a vast majority of positive tests are on asymptomatic people. Then how is it that the world cannot accept that the this is contagious, and as time goes on, more and more people will be exposed and more and more people will get it? Why is it that people can't seem to understand this will continue until a sufficient % of the population has immunity either naturally from exposure or the yet unknown vaccine that we don't have?

2-4-8-16-32-64 is simple geometric progress. Anybody remember early reports? here in Georgia, the first widespred cases were traced back to a funeral and church gathering. 1 person gave it to 100, or something like that. A funeral in Albany, Georgia that had 1 positive guy attend from ATL supposedly infected the funeral, and then the whole town, and then county became a hot spot. If it is really that contagious then you better draw 2 conclusions:

1.) You won't stop it until sufficient people have immunity
2.) Many, many more people have been exposed since February - March than have been tested and reported. The CDC issued an estimate that they believe 20 million + have had the virus, and that figure was a month ago. That could be 30-40 million by now.

I tend to believe that 20-40 million have been exposed. How can it not be? If kids will all go to school and pass it around as the nervous ninnies fear, then that is more proof it is highly contagious. If it is, keeping kids at home only slows the spread, it does stop it. Kids will pass it around at home playing the neighborhood. Just not as fast. Without an effective vaccine deployed soon, this virus will continue to rip through the population, masks or no masks, shut downs or no shut downs. It is just a matter of fast vs. slow.

Now down to the fear of lethality. If 20-40 million in the US have had, and 150,000 have croaked (and we know that number is flawed), do the math. It is not the Andromeda Strain. Mankind will not perish and vanish from the face of the earth. Is it serious? Well, yeah! For some it is seriously bad news. It's a disease that CAN kill you. That is nothing new in the history of the human race. The only new thing is that we have several generations that think any illness can be cured with "take two pills and call me in the morning". Guess what? Medicine doesn't always have the answer.

So...do I believe the positive test numbers? I think the tests and reporting are flawed, but I contend that the numbers being reported are grossly under reporting actual cases. I go with the CDC estimates that 20 million or more have had it, and I expect that number to climb sharply between now and the end of the year. That is with or without masks, with or without school. If it circled the globe in 2 months, its going to do a number of laps around America in a hurry. You can slow it, maybe, but you can't stop it.

I have found the same people who think erroneously that masks and social distancing and lock downs are the answer to total prevention of disease spread are also ones who believe in man made global warming and believe the seas will rise up and engulf Miami within 10 years. Funny, they said that 10 years ago. What happened??

Back to your original statement. I think the numbers of positive cases is growing and probably accelerating faster than even the MSM is hawking. Logic predicts it. The hand wringing and cries of anguish over the increasing test numbers is stupid. Numbers will grow, period. Get used to it.

Deaths - the RATE is going down. The RATE people! Deaths divided by cases. Huge increase in KNOWN cases, but the number of deaths is not substantially increasing in a rolling average. Everybody out there divide the number of COVID deaths by the CDC estimate of cases, 20 million+ and you should get your panic calmed. As Chui here points out, you're down to one half of one percent or less morbidity. Is 150,000 a lot of deaths? Of course, but back to question #1: Is this thing super contagious? Yes it is. So guess what? A metric s hitton of people will get it and one half of one percent will probably die. Medicine will and has improved treatment and that number will drop from there, I am confident. Beyond that, not much you or I can do about that.

There is a race between nature and science at work. Who will win? Will the virus continue its contagious run through the population until we reach herd immunity, or will we get an effective vaccine developed and administered before that happens? You make the call. Science has about 12 months or less by my estimate or the virus wins. Until then, the virus will spread BECAUSE it is highly contagious, with or without your masks and prohibitions on gatherings. A small percentage will succumb to the virus, but that small percentage maybe be a large number based on the large number of people that inevitably will contract COVID.

Most all of the measures taken are useless in stopping transmission of the virus, and are just feel good measures. "We need to do something. (hand wringing and empathy tears follow). We will do all this and that makes us feel better. We tried" Great, you "tried". I'd' prefer something that works. How about a really effective treatment that comes onboard quickly. Much more likely than a vaccine and much more practical. How about a Tamiflu for Covid? Get a bad case of Covid, roll up sleeve and get pooped with TamiCovid (or whatever) and 3 days later the symptoms abate and you recover. Game changer! We won't need 8 Billion doses like a vaccine will. We'll need only enough for the most serious ill. Maybe 1-2 million world wide. Let the nervous ninnies wring their hands over that.

No single thing since the Manhattan Project has had as much attention, research and resources thrown at it than Covid has. A treatment coming out quick is more likely than vaccine, and likely with less unknowns.

Down to the bottom line about these symbolic gestures. Would I let my kid play college football this year, or go to college with face to face classes? My answer is yes, and I'm taking him to start college next week. he will be a varsity athlete (baseball) he will live in the dorm. He will train with the team. We will (better!) go to class. As a young, healthy conditioned athlete, I'm really not worried about his chances of getting the virus. He might get it at college. and he might get it living in my basement doing work online. Kid is going out of the house at some point. So are all of you.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Friend of mine in Florida has it. She's been getting tested every other day because her work won't allow her to return until she gets a negative result. Five positive tests so far......for one person.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Friend of mine in Florida has it. She's been getting tested every other day because her work won't allow her to return until she gets a negative result. Five positive tests so far......for one person.

Yup and those fuggers are treating each of those tests as a new case each time.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JimFromTN

Yes, just like when testing for anything else like cancer or strep throat. Was there a point to the question?

Wasn’t a question, it was a statement!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by JimFromTN

Wasn’t a question, it was a statement!

You'll need to be very clear with the one Libtard from Tenn........

FJB & FJT
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I call it the Foo ( faux) Flu

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I tested negative Monday.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
We have always been at war with Eastasia.

And we have never been at war with Eastasia.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What is a disgrace are the freedoms we gave up so easily and quickly for fake safety.

Last edited by mtnsnake; 08/13/20.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I tested negative Monday.

Wabbi

I think you’re too old to get any new fangled flu!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hatari has it right

I just did an analysis out of what is badly fractured and inconsistent data. Bottom line, 96 percent of COVID morts are over age 45. Over 55, death rate is ten times that of gen pop, higher the older you are (and the more likely you have comorbids: BP, Heart, Diabetes, Cancer, COPD, all of which are the top five killers anyway. COVID piles on top and compounds your problems, basically.
Immune deficiencies tend to also make you subsceptible to having a bad COVID round even if you don't have the top five already.

So, I'm 60. No comorbidity issues, and I almost never catch the cruds or the flu even when I'm surrounded by sick people. I doubt that when I'm infected, I'll be ill for more than a day or two, if that. Problem is, my Dad is 85, he has two of five and is running out his last miles. Because of him, I'm distancing, masking, don't stand still or linger, sanitize routinely and hands off. I shoot a temperature every morning, too, at the same time so there's no funny business. Temp hasn't varied more that 0.2 for the last two months. If it does, I'll just have to stay completely away from Dad until I get a test and results, I guess.

But I'm getting on with work and life.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

134 members (2UP, 44mc, 470Evans, 375TN, 35, 15 invisible), 1,578 guests, and 1,022 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,957
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.