-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Probably wanted a selfie with the fluffy cow calf.

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Well, if she put too much powder on that muff that morning that momma done shook off the excess!!!!! .............and that folks is why your momma always told you to put on a clean pair of undey's, you never know who is going to see them or shake the dust out of them!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
She's from Iowa, that explains it. Oh wait........

Black Cows Matter!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
That was mildly entertaining, but it pales in comparison to the "Asian Toss" game the Bison herd hosts in Yellowstone Park every year.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Apparently the numerous signs warning folks are not effective enough for some idiots. Next thing you know they'll have to put warning signs directly on the bison themselves.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The article seems to make something of the fact that she rode in on a bike as if that matters. Once she parked the bike, she wasn't a biker, she was a pedestrian tourist with a target painted on her butt.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
"Big Buff plays rough. Exposes muff." Potential headline. GD

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Tempt the devil and.......pay the price! 52% of the electorate are just plain damn stupid!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Reports say she was saved when her pants came off.

Wow, that doesn't get said much

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Bikers usually do not select their old ladies for intelligence. Just sayin’...😂

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
ruffcutt;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope the day's looking to be a good one for you folks and this finds you well.

Around 15 years ago our family was on our second trip down to Yellowstone and while there we happened to be in one of the information centers when a nice young lady in a campaign hat was explaining the "bison rules" to an assemblage of tourists.

Her concluding statement was something along the line of "bison are not range cattle so don't approach them as if they were."

When the crowd drifted away, she remained and since the statement was one I happened to have some personal, intimate familiarity with, I sidled over and asked if she'd ever been around range cows?

She replied that in fact she had not and it was the script they'd been instructed to give, but being a perceptive young lady asked if I had some further details on the matter I'd care to share.

Since I did, we both got a good laugh when I told her that especially if there's large predators in the neighborhood, range cows - especially mamma cows and naturally bulls - are best not approached on foot. If they required doctoring or attention when up on the mountain ranges, we'd do our best to stay on the horse until they were either into a corral or at very least roped and snubbed up to a stout pine!

Anyway, for those who might travel into the BC interior if the world ever goes back to normal again, range cattle, especially horned range cattle can put you into a world of hurt too, but in a somewhat slower process than bison.

Talked to a chap who rode for an outfit in northern BC which raised bison. He said they used polo ponies mostly and those who could "really ride much, much better than average" were the ones who were successful there. According to him bison would herd quite nicely most days albeit faster than cattle usually.

Some days however, a bison cow - usually he said - would just have more than she was going to put up with and would peel out of the herd and chase cowboy and horse all over hill and dale! laugh

I forget just what term he used to describe it exactly, it wasn't "sporty" or "exhilarating" but likely some cowboy euphemism to indicate similar! wink

Thanks for the story, the memories and for reading this far. Stay well.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
The trick is, when something is chasing you, is to head for the spot you were planning on taking them anyway.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
The trick is, when something is chasing you, is to head for the spot you were planning on taking them anyway.

Jim:
laugh laugh laugh

Top of the morning sir, I hope you all are getting good harvest weather and all is else is to spec for you and yours.

While I've never been chased too, too far while on horseback, we did have trouble one time with a young bull from the neighbor's herd that pushed the range fence down to come for a visit.

If memory serves, he wouldn't listen to reason or threats, so we found a cow that appeared to be close enough to being in heat, shoved her out in front of him and then hazed them both to the desired destination together.

Fun times with bovines, eh Jim? wink

Stay well and good harvest.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
When I was a kid, we used to drive out and look at the bison herd near Thermopolis, Wyoming (we lived in Worland.). One time my grandparents were visiting and Dad took them out to see the buffalo. We stopped near a wallow to watch a couple of bulls and my grandmother got out to take a picture. One of the bulls came up out of the wallow and, with a bellow charged toward my grandmother (the wallow was about fifty yards away). Grandma, who was about twenty feet from the car, was back into the back seat so fast I don't know how she got there. This was even more impressive when you consider that we were in a '53 Studebaker 2 dr coupe. GD

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I bet she don’t try that cshit again

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
That dumb [bleep] is lucky to be alive! I have lived near Bison most of my life, and you just don't piss with them. They are incredibly fast, and just brute strong, with a relatively short sense of humor.

NRA Benefactor Member
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
what is mandatory for any stupid woman that sees something like that is to say...O My God.. six thousand times

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
https://www.kotatv.com/2020/08/13/woman-charged-by-bison-in-custer-state-park-wednesday/

Click this link and be sure to let the video from Facebook load up and then watch that with your speakers turned up. The woman with the phone is funny enough as its going on but her husband is incredibly funny. I can't stop laughing.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rjpeacock
That dumb [bleep] is lucky to be alive! I have lived near Bison most of my life, and you just don't piss with them. They are incredibly fast, and just brute strong, with a relatively short sense of humor.

I have a long time bud that works for the NRCS. He was digging a cattle pond. There was bull bison that for 2 days had charged and stood around while they worked. Said they really couldnt get out the their trucks or climb down off the backhoe in that area. Every afternoon they had to drive back to a staging area about a mile away.

On that second day, bud said that bull charged and rammed his back tire a couple times, once be lifted the machine a noticeable amount of inches off of the ground. Just an ornery thing.

Said he brought a 243 on the day 3, same disposition.

Told me he shot that thing in the head at about 5 yards and tjat was that. lol

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
her pants came off Buff got a whiff and ran away

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (160user, 17CalFan, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1337Fungi, 58 invisible), 2,290 guests, and 1,186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,770
Posts18,476,810
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.