-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
that there are a LOT of people in this country that seem somehow to be immune to the consequences of their actions. If you're a businessman, or an investor, or buy property, you learn that your decisions have consequences. But if you're a judge, a prosecutor, a politician, a police chief, a legislator, the sky's the limit.

If a legislator that wrote, proposed, or sponsored an unConstitutional bill immediately went on trial and could potentially lose his or her job, would he or she be so quick to try it? Would America be better served? If a judge ruled as an activist rather than legally? If a prosecutor had an axe to grind and filed bogus charges, but was then charged themselves, would they be so quick?

How about some damned accountability in these and other positions to get this crap under control? No immunity for illegal behavior at the ruling level would do alot to turn this country around and get us back to the rule of law. We have an entire class of people above the law, and it's destroying our country.

LOL

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Fireball2
If a legislator that wrote, proposed, or sponsored an unConstitutional bill immediately went on trial and could potentially lose his or her job, would he or she be so quick to try it? Would America be better served? If a judge ruled as an activist rather than legally? If a prosecutor had an axe to grind and filed bogus charges, but was then charged themselves, would they be so quick?

"Unconstitutional" oughta = "Charged with Treason" not just the loss of a job.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by horse1

Exactly. If politicians are that brazen, the public response should be just as brazen. There should be a gallows next to every State Capitol Building, and a few in DC.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Yup Roy, I'm not holding my breathe however.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Yup Roy, I'm not holding my breathe however.

If a president wanted to show the world how to run a country, he could start here.

LOL
IC B2

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J

I've always said that if a judge releases a criminal on probation etc.,and they recommit any crime, they both go to jail ! This applies to prosecuters, police chiefs , etc.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Legislator's placing themselves above the law should not only go to prison but loose all their retirement benefit's from the government too. I think the law's should be harshest on those that make them and then violate them. As it stands right now the vast majority of legislator's we have should be on their way to prison!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
What are you waiting on Mr. Storm the Capitol, lock, load and go!

FJB & FJT
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Raeford

We need a peacful protest. That'll get their attention. Look how well it worked in Va.

LOL
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

We need a peacful protest. That'll get their attention. Look how well it worked in Va.

Are you trying to sound like a F'n tard or is that how you are 24/7?

Lock, load & go!
You can't be waiting around on us pussies from VA....oh wait Portland has been under siege for how long?

Glass Houses.....

FJB & FJT
IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I read that China's mau s-tung used to send China's bureaucrats out to work in the rice patties a few weeks every year.
That might not be a bad idea in our US right now. Maybe not rice fields, but hard manual work.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Are you trying to sound like a F'n tard or is that how you are 24/7?

Lock, load & go!
You can't be waiting around on us pussies from VA....oh wait Portland has been under siege for how long?

Glass Houses.....

I think you're missing the point Raeford. I'm proposing a change in the system that allows for legal accountability for public officials that violate their oath of office.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DonFischer
Legislator's placing themselves above the law should not only go to prison but loose all their retirement benefit's from the government too. I think the law's should be harshest on those that make them and then violate them. As it stands right now the vast majority of legislator's we have should be on their way to prison!
Right there's a lot of the problem - career politicians, those who get elected and won't leave as they build up masses of retirement money plus awaited payoffs from companies that hire lobbyists. At the very most, they should get a 401K. Term limits would kick them out before they're there long enough to get a pension.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I read that China's mau s-tung used to send China's bureaucrats out to work in the rice patties a few weeks every year.
That might not be a bad idea in our US right now. Maybe not rice fields, but hard manual work.

They (politicians) are sooooo far above that, it's like they occupy another planet entirely. They don't even live in our communities or send their kids to our schools. They are *mostly* completely removed from America.

LOL
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
"I'm proposing a change in the system that allows for legal accountability for public officials that violate their oath of office."

Legislators have a tendency to NOT do things that restrict THEMSELVES.
Only option short of storming is to get lazy azzes off the couch on election day.
The Leftists didn't take over in one election, it took several cycles for them to gain total power in VA.
We won't totally regain it in one cycle either.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A few years back, after buying me a beer, an old man in the bar in Birch Tree, MO asked what my politics were. Me being a relative stranger, he and the two young bucks with him had a desire to know.

"Line them up against the wall and shoot them for treason," was my response.

I didn't get any arguments.

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
+1.......... Hit 'em in the wallet. It's the only thing they understand. Between the wealth they accumulate by being in office or the vastly inflated salaries of unelected bureaucrats, and all their outrageous "golden parachute" pension plans; the S.O.B.'s ought to be charged with grand larceny.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
"I'm proposing a change in the system that allows for legal accountability for public officials that violate their oath of office."

Legislators have a tendency to NOT do things that restrict THEMSELVES.
Only option short of storming is to get lazy azzes off the couch on election day.
The Leftists didn't take over in one election, it took several cycles for them to gain total power in VA.
We won't totally regain it in one cycle either.

I'd like to think voting is enough. With looming Democrat voting fraud in this falls election, I'm afraid my faith is at an all time low. I'd like to see systemic reform with honest accountability.

LOL
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

For any legislator who proposes, writes or votes in favor a bill that doesn't pass constitutional scrutiny = public hanging.

Last edited by Blackheart; 08/28/20.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Blackheart

For any legislator who proposes, writes or votes in favor a bill that doesn't pass constitutional scrutiny = public hanging.

That'd work, well.

LOL

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

411 members (12344mag, 117LBS, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 160user, 10gaugeman, 46 invisible), 2,321 guests, and 1,120 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,319
Posts18,505,800
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.