Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Saw a Interarms actioned sporter in Cal 270 with PO Ackley ,Inc. on the barrel the other day. The 3x9 on it looked like a Bushnell but said Emdeko on it. Googled that and Emdeko bought out Ackley rifles but still had Ackley barrels . anyone have one of these? It looks plain but nice. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
GB1

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I’ve always wanted one of his rifles. They only come up for sale when I’m broke.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I have only seen one Ackley and it was very accurate. PO was good about culling any off barrels and re-boring them. Emdeko I had not heard about but I believe I saw photos of one with the Left hand Mauser Ackley imported. There were only about 300 which is too bad, even though Japanese it looked to be a very close copy of an FN.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
The Emdeko/ Ackley's were built on Mark x Interarms actions with apprx. 5000 guns in 25-06,270,& 30-06. apparently Ackley over saw the barrel production and barreling/chambering work. The stocks were finished products from E. C. Bishop of Warsaw ,Ms. The Ackley FN clone made in Japan was good but the company making the action over there went bankrupt and Ackley was cut off. Not part of the same deal as Emdeko /Ackley. The gun shoots well(shows promise) but the Emdeko lableled Bushnell Sportview is a goner ( no tension on the vertical adj to the erector) I had 3 shots in 3/4" at 50 yds but high and when I adjusted it down I could feel the slop in the mechanism and the next 4 shots spread vertically. So I'll find a different scope for it,It has Weaver bases and I have some extra Weaver rings. No real problem and I didn't buy it for the scope. Trying to learn something of these I googled Emdeko/P O Ackley and got the whole story. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Interesting. I think some of the LH actions sold as action only so that could account for the odd ones. I bet yours will shoot once you have the new scope on.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
IC B2

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
I got one in 25-06. Emdeko PO Ackley Inc SLC Ut 25-06 stamped very lightly. 24 inch barrel. Mark X Interarms. SN A 19 XXX. No checkering. Monte Carlo with cheek piece. Seems like a decent gun. Trigger has a lot of drag. Shot a doe with it last year. Was a gift from my uncle.

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Tejano, it does shoot I put a 3x9 x40 MD Sightron I had, on it yesterday afternoon and got it zeroed. Will do more work on it yet. The stock was done by EC Bishop and is straight grained walnut with a really good feel on the fit to me. Guess that's why I couldn't put it down. The ergs are really superb for me. MB

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
The Emdeko/ Ackley's were built on Mark x Interarms actions with apprx. 5000 guns in 25-06,270,& 30-06. apparently Ackley over saw the barrel production and barreling/chambering work. The stocks were finished products from E. C. Bishop of Warsaw ,Ms. The Ackley FN clone made in Japan was good but the company making the action over there went bankrupt and Ackley was cut off. Not part of the same deal as Emdeko /Ackley. The gun shoots well(shows promise) but the Emdeko lableled Bushnell Sportview is a goner ( no tension on the vertical adj to the erector) I had 3 shots in 3/4" at 50 yds but high and when I adjusted it down I could feel the slop in the mechanism and the next 4 shots spread vertically. So I'll find a different scope for it,It has Weaver bases and I have some extra Weaver rings. No real problem and I didn't buy it for the scope. Trying to learn something of these I googled Emdeko/P O Ackley and got the whole story. MB

Bumping this old thread as my search for "Emdeko Ackley" brought me here.

A Mark X came into my possession today. Sold as a Mark X but no caliber or other information.

Turns out the top of the barrel is marked: "EMDEKO P.O. Ackley Inc. SLC Ut 300 Win Mag"
Font is consistent in shape and depth for all characters.

I was searching to refresh my memory on the EMDEKO connection to Ackley and the comment that the 5000 rifle were made in 25-06,270 & 30-06 caught my attention.
Is there any evidence (other than the rifle in my hands) that .300 Win Mag was a regular caliber during the EMDEKO era?

Thank you in advance!

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Red Hill , I don't know my comments were based on the internet search info I found. But I sure wouldn't count it out as not being authentic. I bet it will shoot dang nice too. MB

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Bob,

I hope to get a chance to shoot it. I have five Mauser rifles sitting in my rack with ammo. Ready for a range trip. They have been sitting for awhile.... frown

Purchased this rifle as it has a relatively low s/n(and the price was right). I buy and sell a lot of Mauser rifles and just wanted to compare an early Zastava-/-Interarms Mark X to their later production.
For now I will put it in the safe with the interesting rifles I want to hold on to.

IC B3

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
I also had an EMDEKO/PO Ackley SLC rifle on an Interarms Mark X action. It was in 7mm Rem Mag. When I first saw it on the gun show table, I was surprised at the caliber since Ackley had a particular dislike for belted magnums. It was a great shooting rifle that I eventually gave to my son.

A
A
My Grandpa Cisco gave me his rifle shortly before he died. It is marked EMDEKO/P.O. Ackley SLCUt on the barrel. It has a Mark X action and is chambered in .22-250. It has always been an accurate gun, and has accounted for quite a few Hill Country whitetails. I installed a Timney trigger on it myself. It wears a Burris 3x9. I let my Dad use it for several years and he dropped it once onto the P.O. Ackley scope that it came with. Something inside that scope must have broke as it wouldn't hold zero anymore. I still have the scope and use it as a monocular. It shows to have been made in Japan. The scope reads "P.O. ACKLEY, 3X-9X-40, waterproof, FULLY COATED IMAGE MOVING, NITROGEN FILLED, JAPAN <E>. A super talented gunsmith here in town machined and installed a new ejector for me quite a few years back. When I got the gun it would sometimes not properly "kick" spent shells out. The stock is plain but fits me perfect. Oh yeh, I also had a Decelerator recoil pad put on it. Thanks for the history on these guns. I knew a little of P.O. Ackley, and was always curious as to what the story was behind this Yugo action mated to a P.O. Ackley barrel.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (35, 300_savage, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 7mm_Loco, Akhutr, 7 invisible), 1,687 guests, and 938 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,326
Posts18,526,470
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.