Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Even though all major terror attacks have been carried out by Muslims, can't use the word "Muslim" to describe terrorists.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/12172/Brown:+Don't+say+terrorists+are+Muslims

I see he has also banned the phrase "War on Terror".

So, in the UK, in the name of political correctness, one can not be descriptive of terrorists.

Is he taking a page out of Prince's book? Today, it is "terrorists formerly known to be muslims". And tomorrow no doubt only some unpronounceable symbol will be used. Perhaps (o)?

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What a bunch of crock!!!!!!!!! mad

It looks like the Muzzies have won the war of will in Britain.

Is America next? YES!!!!!!! Unfortunately!!!!!! sick

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I see his point.

The IRA during their entire history of bombing, maiming and killing people in Northern Ireland and England were never referred to as "Christian Terrorists" - which of course - they were.

I time and again hear of people saying "Hunters" shot up some road signs, or "hunters" killed a cow in a farmers field. I always counter stories like that by re-phrasing the story with "You mean vandals with guns", adding that legitimate sport hunters don't break the laws of the land.

Most days, on this very list, I can read of some new atrocity committed in a predominately Moslem country or by a person of the Moslem faith - usually under the mocking title "ROP" - for "religion of peace". At the same time, every day, about seven MILLION American Moslems seem to go about their work and lives quietly in America.

When a person with a Christian background, murders someone, rapes someone or mutilates someone - people on this list never refer to the atrocity as a "Christian" atrocity. No one mocks Christianity. American maximum security prisons are filled with Christians - in fact, they form the biggest religious affiliation on America's "death row" - by far.

I don't like "political correctness" when I see it - and for that reason, attempts at changing the language people use, bothers me. It bothers me to read about Prime Minister Brown's new gag order to his own cabinet.

But I do see his point.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
That's well thought out. I understand his line of thinking. But, what are we supposed to call these crazy diaper heads and be PC.

Dick
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BCBrian
I see his point.

The IRA during their entire history of bombing, maiming and killing people in Northern Ireland and England were never referred to as "Christian Terrorists" - which of course - they were.

Of all the things you could call them, Christians is the last. Terrorists violate every tenant of the Bible. It makes no difference what they called themselves, they were not Christians.

Dick

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Sounds like the new PM and the Mayor of London are kindred spirits; Could a "civil union" be in the making at some time in the future? Unbelibablebbbbl...

Your right to live in a free society should be based solely on your willingness to defend it! Retired Military Vietnam Vet.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
The new PM is going to end up getting hbhis butt in a jam

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
couple of days in office, and already he has buried his head up his butt.

Sam......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BCBrian
I see his point.

I dunno about that. As far as I know, they were routinely referred to as "Catholic". And most were committed Marxists, so I don't know how "Catholic" they truly were.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's not that Moslems are terrorists, it's that terrorists are Muslims.

A government is the most dangerous threat to manοΏ½s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I see your point but this is a war against Muzzies, all Muzzies Just like WWII was a war against Japan and Germany and by inference against all Japanese and all Germans.

This war can't be won unless we all band together. Yes, it means innocent people will be be killed along with the guilty but that's what happens when you go to war which is why one should never enter into war lightly.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I think the difference is that when a "Christian" goes out and kills someone, he's not doing it in the name of God or religion. The vast majority of these muslim terrorists are doing it for their god or religion. In that case it is appropriate to call them muslim terrorists.

When people refuse to call a spade a spade because they don't want to offend, then the bad guys have won. In the case it would be the muslim terrorists, or maybe islamic terrorists, but they are most certainly doing this because of their religion and to think otherwise is foolish.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Brian, it appears to me that it is quite legit to refer to the terrorists as moslems. The defining factor here is that they commit their terror acts in the name of islam (lower case intentional). It is a THEOLOGICAL rather than idealogical terror. As for red Ken and goofy Brownie,their cowardice is fairly common among those afraid of pissing off the scumbag terrorists even more. "Gee, don't make 'em mad or they are REALLY gonna hurt us."

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think we finally found 2ndwinds alternate user name.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Redistribute my work ethic, not my Wealth!!!!!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I would have to disagree with you Brian,

It always catholic and or protestant terrorist.

This British PM will be eating his words.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The IRA were always referred to as Catholic. It's really absurd to pretend the terrorists aren't Muslims and motivated by their hateful faith to do the things they do.

There was an AP article today headlined something like: British terror suspects are diverse. Yeah, right, except for the one thing they all had in common which al AP didn't mention until the eighth paragraph.

News flash to Muslim apologists ----all the ass-kissing and apologizing in the world isn't going to divert the jihad away from you or your country. Their object is for you to convert or die.

Christopher Hitchens, as usual, nailed this inexplicable western suicide urge and the puzzling motivations of its practicioners:

http://www.slate.com/id/2169592/

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 257_Roy
I think we finally found 2ndwinds alternate user name.

Uh...no, if this had been me posting, I would have worked in one of my trademarked "islam sucks" remarks....

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
An interesting thread and opinions from across the pond...

I would tend to agree with BCBrian in some respects, but the PM's comments are not entirely based on being PC alone...Terrorism has to be fought on a number of fronts and what you see here is a "Hearts and Minds" move as much as anything.

The vast majority of Muslims in the UK are abiding what ever they think about the UK/USA involvement in the Iraq ect.

However I should say that by default a large number of these could be accused of indirectly supporting Islamic Terrorism because they are not actively supporting the Police and the Governments fight against it...

Its very much a case of burying their heads in the sand to avoid a difficult situation. If the fight against Terrorism in the UK is to succeed we need these people actively on our side.

The language & attitudes of a few of the earlier posters is not going to achieve that.

I should add we also have a minority of Right Wing White Supremacist (sp?) types such as the National Front who would like to agitate the whole situation for their own ends. Again such actions would only play into the hands of the extremists on both sides...

So I believe that the PM's tack on this is the right one as Terrorists can't function in a void...

Regards,

Pete

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hitchens at his best.........

I didn't read him argue that terrorists are protected by the US Constitution. I guess he doesn't know anything, either.

All American

All the time
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
News flash to Muslim apologists ----all the ass-kissing and apologizing in the world isn't going to divert the jihad away from you or your country.

Well I guess I could reply to this on account of I get called such, at least by implication...

Interesting how some folks view the world simplistically like it was a football game.... and again how reminiscent of the old IRA troubles(60's and 70's) this all is.

According to the logic commonly displayed here, my family and I should have been suspect back in them days, us being Irish Catholics in England after all.

With regards to this recent situation, doesn't matter WHAT the Prime Minister calls it, everybody knows these people were Muslims acting in the name of Islam as they interpret it (it has long been my contention that a major flaw in that religion is that you can find passages in their book that justifies just about ANYTHING, good and bad).

On the other hand, a perusal of the British press will already show that there have been "reprisals" against people, apparently just because they were Muslim, by folks of a mindset probably not too far from some folks here, just because those people were Muslim, ergo guilty.

I CAN say with confidence that the Muslim public in general in England will be living in distinct fear of such reprisals.

I know, because as I've oft repeated, I know and have taught Muslims here where that was the case. Even a Sihk student known well to me was made to remove his turban and cut his hair by his worried parents after 9/11.

The reaction of some folks here, to their disgrace, was essentially this: "good, they should all live in fear".

The Prime Minister has stated that these attacks "will not be allowed to affect the British way of life".

Integral to the British way of life is the rule by a code of laws that took centuries of bloodshed to be established, that rule of law being the direct precursor to our own. And that law states that those who wish harm upon the innocent are wrong, simple as that.

Those here who think the Brits are even remotely down and out are clueless, justice will be served in this case, as it should be.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

408 members (1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 1_deuce, 19rabbit52, 44 invisible), 2,680 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,315
Posts18,526,361
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.