Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I've been using Rem-Oil for the past 6-7 years. Works well and keeps the corrosion away, That's all I can ask for.

GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I'm on my 5th gallon of Prolix. I used to use Breakfree and G-96. I use the Prolix T-4 for pistol slides and other places that need a heavier lube. Last week I took a pistol course and another guys mags would not drop from his Kimber. A couple squirts of Prolix cured the problem, much to his surprise. A little Prolix and a boresnake works wonders for an ordinary cleaning for most barrels. It will not remove heavy lead or metal fouling. I have found that after using it, lead and powder do not seem to stick to it in the barrel. I use it on all my guns and knives. A good portion of my gunshow guns stay in the cases between shows with no signs of rust or corrosion. Took awhile to get used to that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jasonkjasonk
Where would one find CorrosionX?

I didn't see it at Midway or Cabelas, I know those two aren't the best two places, but I've got to some stuff to order from each of them soon.

Maybe an auto parts or marine store?

J

PS...Found their website, maybe that's easiest. http://www.buycorrosionx.com/

or:

http://www.corrosionx.com/

That's were I got it.........................DJ

Remember this is all supposed to be for fun.......................
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A much as it pains me to say it grin, I have to agree with Steelhead on the Kroil (except for the cooking part, I haven't got quite that far yet grin.) I use it for everything gunny as as for other household chores. I even like the smell.

HBB

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Best stuff around, IMO.

http://www.militec-1.com/

+1

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Not only are their products great, they take care of our troops by sending them the stuff for free if they ask for it. You gotta love a company that would do that for our guys and gals in Harms Way.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
For my money I like EEZOX. Not oil but good lubricant and protection to 95 Below 0. Read about it on www.baldeagletraders.com.

[email] <a href="mailto:[email protected][/email]">[email protected][/Email]</a>

much obliged eddie
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Gunbutter for lube on sidearms and semi-autos, shooters choice rust prevent to hold corrosion off. I usually run bolt guns almost dry after treating bolts, rails and lugs with moly-fusion.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eddieleon
For my money I like EEZOX. Not oil but good lubricant and protection to 95 Below 0. Read about it on www.baldeagletraders.com.

I like EEZOX but not for the -90 reason. Who in heII gonna be huntin in that chit? Thats fishin weather grin

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I found this experiment online a couple years ago-its dated so doesn't show some of the newer stuff you all are talking of. Kind of a neat read with decent pictures to draw some conclusions from. Why don't one of you do this with the newer stuff on the market? smile

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/GunTech/NewsletterArchive.aspx?p=0&t=1&i=503

IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
While working in a police armory, we had every snake oil salesman in the world come by and peddle their wares. Plus I have gotten samples of everything at the SHOT show and tried them all. Here are my conclusions. Breakfree is not very good at anything. They put it in a dark container so you can't see the teflon particles sitting at the bottom.

For lubrication and anti-friction properties, nothing is any better that FP-10 made by Venco (Shooter's Choice)

For corrosion protection in an oil product, Slip 2000 is awesome and it is quite inexpensive. I but 32 oz spray bottles for under $20.

There are dry lubes for dusty environs- such as Iraq and I can't comment on them other than to say they work better than oil in those conditions but not as good as oil where you have more forgiving conditions.

I spray the barreled action with rust protect, which drys, before putting them into the stock. I have NEVER had a spec of rust on any rifle that I have treated this way- then again, I have never hunted in paradise so all bets are off when talking SE AK!

These are my suggestions.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I really hate it when WD-40 comes up as one of the better rust protectors. Everybody know it gums up your gun, leaves deposits, removes blueing and can only be applied when there is a full moon. Some Myths just die hard.

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
I use TC bore butter to lubricate all of my guns. Seems to work fine and has has very little scent to it. Is always humid in Florida and no rust on my guns.......Fishster

"Buy American"
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
The teflon does certainly settle in break-free, but it still seems an excellent rust preventative. FP-10 seems the better lubricant, along with synthetic gun grease.

I am the NorthEast WoodsBeast!

"System version 1.3, divorced"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

626 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 69 invisible), 2,739 guests, and 1,357 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,412
Posts18,528,173
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.