Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
With Gun Gack III incorporating material from the Fire, and usefully so. I suggest to Eileen Clarke that she edit and publish Selections from the Campfire. Maybe with John's help in selecting but strictly or mostly other people's works with the last word to Mr. Barness where he wants it. This assumes the publication rights/ copyrights belong to Rick and can be assigned - maybe they don't.

Maybe some sticky pointers and indices to such topics as the Ken Waters / Bob Hagel differences on measuring case expansion with comments by Ken Howell. Denton has a great post on the Highroad on the general subject too. Mr. Oehler's tales of clammy hands and a load that is simultaneously subsonic and supersonic deserve a wider view too..

I tend to get better results using Google/Bing for searching the Campfire than I do guessing whether what I am looking for was dated this year, last year or some years ago.

GB1

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Clark,

That's an interesting idea. Unfortunately Eileen may have too little time to edit and publish such a book. Aside from running riflesandrecipes.com (which was her idea, and became her company) she writes regularly for both a few paper and Internet magazines, and publishes a game cookbook every other year--which involves working up at least 100 recipes, taking photos, laying it out, etc.

Rick does have the copyright for the Campfire--which is why I called him after coming up with the Q&A idea for GG3. We talked at length, and decided it was a win-win for both 24hourcampfire.com and riflesandrecipes.com.

I also tend to get better search results with Google/Bing.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
John /Mule Deer ,i hope your not done with your Gun Gack books yet ? i am hoping some day for volume IV and yes i know its a lot of work but you do an excellent job too. maybe a few chapters on old great cartridges no longer chambered in American rifles any more ?

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
MD,how about the old B-29 article and an update.

You know with a faster twist rate,newer powders,bullets,scopes... etc

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

A great idea!

Unfortunately, after the original article appeared, somebody wanted my B-29 more than I did--and had the checkbook to prove it. So I no longer have a "test platform" for all the new powders which have appeared, and vast number of new .29-caliber bullets.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B2

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Darn!

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ClarkEMyers
With Gun Gack III incorporating material from the Fire, and usefully so. I suggest to Eileen Clarke that she edit and publish Selections from the Campfire. Maybe with John's help in selecting but strictly or mostly other people's works with the last word to Mr. Barness where he wants it. This assumes the publication rights/ copyrights belong to Rick and can be assigned - maybe they don't.

Maybe some sticky pointers and indices to such topics as the Ken Waters / Bob Hagel differences on measuring case expansion with comments by Ken Howell. Denton has a great post on the Highroad on the general subject too. Mr. Oehler's tales of clammy hands and a load that is simultaneously subsonic and supersonic deserve a wider view too..

I tend to get better results using Google/Bing for searching the Campfire than I do guessing whether what I am looking for was dated this year, last year or some years ago.

[i][/i]

How about Big Sticks finest moments?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

A great idea!

Unfortunately, after the original article appeared, somebody wanted my B-29 more than I did--and had the checkbook to prove it. So I no longer have a "test platform" for all the new powders which have appeared, and vast number of new .29-caliber bullets.

Just relabel it as a 7.34 mm Creedmoor. I'm sure you could get a gun rag editor and a gunsmith to foot the bill for such an interesting article.
It's certain to take the world by storm.🙄😁

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

81 members (338Rules, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, Backroads, 12 invisible), 16,952 guests, and 881 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,880
Posts18,538,184
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.