Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#15320129 10/17/20
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Would you choose the 270 WCF, 270 WSM, or the 270 Weatherby? I have all three, like them all, but I’d go the 270 WSM if I could only have one.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
270 WCF.. Ain't nothing like the real thing!

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The original. No critter will know the difference.

NRA Benefactor 2008

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me." John 14-6

There is no right way to do a wrong thing
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bullets will always matter wayyyyyyyyy more than headstamps,which is why the trio sucks ass. Hint.

Pass the 280,7 Whizzum and 7mm Rem Mag and hold The Fluff.

Hint................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
An 8-twist 270 WCF is the way to go, out of your choices. More and more good bullets out there for a fast-twist 270, and the old standards will shoot just fine too. The extra pop of the larger cartridges is just not needed.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
IC B2

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Bullets will always matter wayyyyyyyyy more than headstamps,which is why the trio sucks ass. Hint.

Pass the 280,7 Whizzum and 7mm Rem Mag and hold The Fluff.

Hint................

I’m more of a 7 mag guy myself, never owned a 280, but might someday. The 270’s are fun to shoot, better deer cartridges I think, but what the hell do I know??

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
An 8-twist 270 WCF is the way to go, out of your choices. More and more good bullets out there for a fast-twist 270, and the old standards will shoot just fine too. The extra pop of the larger cartridges is just not needed.

KchuntShoot,

The only things you "shoot",are your mouth and Imagination...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Now do "tell",what bullets you are shooting in "your" 1-8" 270? You know,the Imaginary ones you Pretend with. As an aside,just how "loud' is your Imagination,when you "shoot" it? Hint. LAUGHING!

Pardon reality. Hint.

LAUGHING!

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Bless your heart for trying,you Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

KchuntShoot,

The only things you "shoot",are your mouth and Imagination...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Now do "tell",what bullets you are shooting in "your" 1-8" 270? You know,the Imaginary ones you Pretend with. As an aside,just how "loud' is your Imagination,when you "shoot" it? Hint. LAUGHING!

Pardon reality. Hint.

LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for trying,you Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............

Larry, when I want opinions on how awful it feels to lose a son to suicide or how n i g g e r dicks taste, I'll ask you. Other than than that, you are an expert only in being a prick, and I don't care. Run along now, boy.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
A .270 WCF, with a quality bullet is the ticket for myself.
With the latest developments in powders, it rivals anything out there and plenty for mature Bull Elk.
Even out of a 22" barrel it has lots of downrange capability. The WSM and the Weatherby might be a little tougher to shoot well, consistently well. ( with a short tube)
Sheep hunters minimize weight and bulk and most won't use a repeater with a 24 or 26" barrel. Cheers- .Good luck

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
kchuntshoot,

I am VERY "surprised",that you can speak in vivid detail regarding your Homoerotic Experiences,while you must GoogleFu all things The Rifle...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint. LAUGHING!

Pardon wares that exist,if only to your Whining Chagrin and Crying Karen Routine,which is assuredly no "Act" you Magnificently CLUELESS Drooling Fhuqktard. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for doing your best and perhaps comment on what you "do"' for a "living",which precludes your having a First Fhuqking Clue?

Hint.

LAUGHING!..................

cumrag,

It'll only come as a "surprise" to you,that Propellants are NOT bore specific,yet boolits are...you 'lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

As bore size increases,like barrel lengths loose less velocity at like length,with like case capacity. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for trying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
‘Stick,

How many RPMs to stabilize that thing in a 7-08 AI?

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
For those that can read, 8-twist.

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
.270 Winchester

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
kchuntshoot,

I am VERY "surprised",that you can speak in vivid detail regarding your Homoerotic Experiences,while you must GoogleFu all things The Rifle...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint. LAUGHING!

Pardon wares that exist,if only to your Whining Chagrin and Crying Karen Routine,which is assuredly no "Act" you Magnificently CLUELESS Drooling Fhuqktard. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for doing your best and perhaps comment on what you "do"' for a "living",which precludes your having a First Fhuqking Clue?

Hint.

LAUGHING!..................

cumrag,

It'll only come as a "surprise" to you,that Propellants are NOT bore specific,yet boolits are...you 'lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

As bore size increases,like barrel lengths loose less velocity at like length,with like case capacity. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for trying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............

your posts are unintelligible. This is an upbeat thread regardless of your nonsense

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
David,

I cain't know the minimum,for a couple/few reasons. Hint.

1) I only have whole value RPM's in said chambering(8").
2) Though it's low tide now here in Kansas,Winter has yet to arrive and atmospherics affect stability a "smidge"
3) They pinwheel in 7-08 SALAMI at 8",in the current atmosphere

The hurdles are gonna be COAL latitude/throat geometry,as the bitches do have some "length",if only to horn KchuntShoot up even more. Hint. LAUGHING!

7-08AI/190 at a mocked 3.00" COAL. I don't have any rifles so chambered,that'll get that far in regards to mag confines,as I drive AICS binderless for .025"-ish less latitude. Hint.

Someone was musing Montucky 84L COAL confines,ala 7mm Mouser Improved and it'd jive nicely,with a thunk to throating,which is of course easily arranged. Hint.

Coming full circle,the easiest pitch is a 700 L/A and I'd just as soon drive 280 SALAMI as anything. No thang to reap 5rds in the belly and it's turn-key Awesomeness,with ZERO trade-offs or bullschit. Win/win. Hint.

Here's a 162 ELD M,175 NPT,180 ELD and the 190 Beer Can,if only in extrapolation. Hint.

Food for thunking.

Thank me later.

Hint..................

Mossykchunt,

Stabilization is factored by Gross RPM and Atmosphere,though I'm sure the number "8" makes you giddy...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Gross RPM is different at 1000fps,than it is at 3000fps,despite a 1-8" constant. Read that again. now one more time. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for "shooting" your Imagination and Pretend.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............

cumrag,

You be SURE to cite any/all words that are "too big" or "too Technical"and I'll happily hand you more opportunity to prove you are a CLUELESS Drooling Dumbfhuqk...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Are you trying to horn KchuntShoot up with your syncopations? Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for Whining,you Fhuqking CLUELESS Crying Karen.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks.

A 280 might be the ticket

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I am saving up my lwr 48 money to buy a box of them 190s. LOL grin

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

270 W.C.F. and 130 gr. Partitions for the last 40 years when chasing PA and NY bucks. Never wanted or needed anything else.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Whichever rifle you like the best. The animals won't know the difference between the 3. I have both a .270 and a WSM. I really like the rifle the WSM is chambered in so I use it often. That being said a .270 WCF lives in my truck (Stevens 200). The animals I shoot don't seem to know the difference.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve been well served by the standard 270 Winchester. Your mileage may vary.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (10gaugeman, 1337Fungi, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 21, 51 invisible), 2,205 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,767
Posts18,476,729
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.