Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Does anyone own the new venture? How do you like it and how does it compare to the original venture? I’m looking to get one in 300 win mag to run my suppressor on it for hunting elk moose bear. I want to hear your opinions on it. Thanks

"When guns are outlawed,only the outlaws will have guns".
HR IC

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I just picked up the TC compass II in 6.5 Creedmore, it is a gift for a friend. A lot of gun for less than $300 as long as the accuracy is close to the guarantee of 3 shots 1 MOA with premium ammo. 3 position safety that locks the firing pin, a sweet trigger for a factory rifle, threaded barrel ready for brake or suppressor and a thread protector included, if it shoots close to the guarantee a good "starter" gun for youth or others. I have not shot it and probably won't because I would hate to give it up if it was an accurate shooter, I don't need another 6.5 mm but hate to give up a real shooter. I am real good at acquiring guns but not so good at reducing the herd.

If the upscale TC Venture II is upgraded from the Compass II I think you would be happy.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I asked a similar question in a thread that I started last week. The consensus is that they are a good buy, better than the original because of the improved trigger, but still a little on the heavy side.

How is the elk, moose, and bear hunting in Brookline?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Still a little heavy???......drink bigger beer.....lift a little....get in shape.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
The T/C Venture and Compass are different rifles. I think they share bbl and possibly other parts.
The Venture was introduced first. Later the compass came along as a separate less costly rifle. Safety location and operation is different as well as stock configuration. The detachable magazine on Venture hols 3 rounds. The Compass holds 4. I know the accuracy of my 2 Ventures met T/C guarantee of 3 shots with quality ammo in 1" group at 100 yards. Several I have discussed their rifle's performance with indicate the compass also is accurate.
Watch for sales from T/C.

IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by remingtonman
Does anyone own the new venture? How do you like it and how does it compare to the original venture? I’m looking to get one in 300 win mag to run my suppressor on it for hunting elk moose bear. I want to hear your opinions on it. Thanks

I have 4 tc compass and 3 ventures. They ALL shoot. The venture is one
of the best guns out there in my opinion. I bought one for a friends son In Alaska about 10 years ago. He has harvested everything including big bears with 200 group noslers in his 06

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I've got my eye on a Venture II in 30-06. Maybe after the first of this year.

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by BCHunter666
Originally Posted by remingtonman

I have 4 tc compass and 3 ventures. They ALL shoot. The venture is one
of the best guns out there in my opinion. I bought one for a friends son In Alaska about 10 years ago. He has harvested everything including big bears with 200 group noslers in his 06

Originally Posted by dye7barrel
I've got my eye on a Venture II in 30-06. Maybe after the first of this year.

I’ve had several traditional tc ventures and they were all awesome shooting rifles. I just ordered a new venture II in 300 win mag so I can run my rugged suppressor on it. I’m looking forward to hunting with it.

"When guns are outlawed,only the outlaws will have guns".
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I have a youth Venture in .243 WIn. It is ok. It is a little heavier than it should be for some reason but it does fit good for me. Accuracy is no better than any other gun . I had it four a month and the trigger broke in half. I still hunted with it that weekend. They fixed it fast and no charge of course. I dont like the creep in the trigger neither . However , in Wisconsin, a 50 yd shot is a long ways in the woods so it does not matter unless you are on the bench.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Did they make the trigger guard any bigger in the Venture II?

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (160user, 1minute, 1badf350, 1moredeer, 10ring1, 65 invisible), 2,250 guests, and 1,218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,012
Posts18,500,284
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.