Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
My financial adviser is Old Dirty Bastard at Wu Tang Financial.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
My financial adviser is Old Dirty Bastard at Wu Tang Financial.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by erikj
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Really hard to "protect" wealth from .gov. If they want to tax it, and can pass the law, they can tax it. We invest and plan based on the current laws/rules, which is the right thing to do, but unless you're following the mason jar principle (which inflation kills) it's out there for .gov. Wealth tax, income tax, property tax, retirement tax, investment tax, gains tax....they can make/change laws to tax it.

Hard to tax precious metals after you purchase them.

Yeah, they just outlaw private ownership. It's been done before in the good ol USA. They even forced banks to open all safety deposit boxes for inspection. If you don't turn it all in for fiat, you are a criminal. Evil folks are determined.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Pat85
A bolshevik lawmaker in PA. proposed a 4% tax on retirement income. Earned income tax in Pa. is currently 3.07% The filthy democrat puke wants to tax the elderly relying on their 401 to live more than some one working.

That's a real crock. Pa does not allow deduction of retirement contributions from earned income so they would be taxing it going in and out.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by EdM
So next year is the year I turn 59 1/2. Thoughts on pulling money out of my IRA's assuming taxes will rise by the time I reach 70 1/2?

Please don't do that Ed. That would be catastrophic to your financial health. The ROTH IRA would be the last monies you want to touch and the traditional IRA's/retirement account would be the second to last.

Spend the taxable account funds as your bridge money (or better yet income whether earned or dividends)

Presumably you are still working, earning an income and maybe your spouse too. Presumably you would be retired at 72 (RMD's start at 72 now as one of the only benefits of the SECURE ACT) and presumably your spouse too. Your income will probably be less 12 years from now and you may be in a lower tax bracket anyway even if they raise the tax brackets. Also year 1 of RMD's is just under 4% of the account value. Not too bad assuming you wont have a boatload of passive income at retirement.

Next, you would be giving up the next 12 years of tax deferred capital gains and dividends. Your invested money should double every ten years conservatively unless you are in something crazy like 100% bonds returning next to nothing.

After you retire, although before you start taking social security, is a nice low income window to convert your traditional IRA/retirement accounts to a ROTH and pay the tax.

This is to say nothing of your wife/kids/heirs and the ability to "stretch" an inherited IRA's distributions over 10 years.

Last edited by BurninDupont; 10/22/20.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by taylorce1
Originally Posted by exbiologist
So my governor just extended the moratorium on evictions for non paying renters,

Makes me almost sorry for the buyers of my duplex I sold last December. I got out of being a landlord right before COVID hit and the lockdowns occurred. Princess Polis said you could live for free if you were renting since last March pretty much. It's going to be damn near impossible collecting 9+ months of unpaid rent from renters when evictions are allowed again.

Some radio personalities here on the liberal talk shows and rap stations are telling them they don't have to pay their rent.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

383 members (257 mag, 2500HD, 163bc, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 35 invisible), 1,632 guests, and 977 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,867
Posts18,497,438
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.