Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
jmh3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
For the past month or so we've noticed that some mail has gone missing. The wife signed up for the "informed delivery" service where you can view a scan of the mail that you should be receiving that day. In the past week there have been 5 birthday cards for my wife and daughter and two packages that haven't shown up. I met the mailman at the mailbox today with copies of the scans and he claims they weren't on the truck. I then went and talked directly to the post master who said that if they were on the scan, they were at my local post office, and should have been on the truck. I called the main USPS number to report both of them and was told it was probably a sorting issue due to some kind of change in machines. It all sounds like BS to me. Funny how the sorter can properly sort 10 political solicitations a day yet loses packages and cards that might have a gift in them. Short of going postal on the post office, does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle this?

This does not give me much confidence for mail in ballots.

------------------------
John

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good luck. Send a letter to your congress critter and let them know it's going on.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
But, first talk to your local Postmaster. Again!

Last edited by Timberlake; 10/26/20. Reason: forgot an important word!

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I have much trouble with Saturday delivery. Packages on Saturday just don’t show up. They are on the scanner of course. Postmaster is no help. Small town of about 2500.

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Keep being the squeaky wheel with the post master and I mean every day.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Call the regional Postal Inspector, they are good guys to work with.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lends lots of faith to those mail in ballots... Right?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Keep the Informed Delivery emails for record and call your local Postal Inspectors office. They are the Post Office detectives that investigate mail theft.
Greeting Cards are probably the most stolen first class mail due to the cash many send in them.
Letting your mailman know you have informed delivery is a good idea, might keep him/her honest.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Jmh3: The usps has turned into such a sad basket of affirmative action thieves and unmotivated [bleep] demonrats that I avoid them every chance I get.
Disbanding the whole usps is the only solution and turning the mail delivery over to private enterprise.
The usps is nothing more and nothing less than a license to steal with good benefits and a cushy pension I sayfuckem and avoid them at all costs.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Curious if your mailbox is a dedicated one at your house, or is it a community pedestal type?

I live in an urban area (with a pedestal unit), and am constantly receiving mail in my box that is addressed to other houses on my street. Lazy ass carriers is what it is.

Whenever I get someone else's mail, I faithfully take it over to the correct house and deliver it to them in person.

What I don't quite understand is why no one ever knocks on my door to give me my mail that got put in their box - I'm sure it must happen. Where does it go? Trash? I never get any that has been marked "delivered to wrong address" or any such thing.

Maybe if I wasn't such an A-hole...

Anyway - good luck. Our local postmaster / postmistress / whatever-the-hell-gender-it-identifies-as, is a worthless POS and doesn't give a crap.

IC B3

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Birthday cards, etc are good theft targets for workers along the way because lots of folks send money in birthday cards, etc.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just leave it in the box and put the flag up.
Rural carrier route.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
neither rain sleet nor snow

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Tide_Change

I live in an urban area (with a pedestal unit), and am constantly receiving mail in my box that is addressed to other houses on my street. Lazy ass carriers is what it is.

Whenever I get someone else's mail, I faithfully take it over to the correct house and deliver it to them in person.

What I don't quite understand is why no one ever knocks on my door to give me my mail that got put in their box - I'm sure it must happen. Where does it go? Trash? I never get any that has been marked "delivered to wrong address" or any such thing.

I am on one of those pedestal units too. I occasionally get mail for one of my neighbors, but I look at the mail when I take it out of the box and if it isn't for me, I stick it back in the outgoing slot. I'm not chasing around looking for someone to hand it to. Let the carrier deal with it.

Jerry

Minnesota; Land of 10,000 Taxes
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jmh3
For the past month or so we've noticed that some mail has gone missing. The wife signed up for the "informed delivery" service where you can view a scan of the mail that you should be receiving that day. In the past week there have been 5 birthday cards for my wife and daughter and two packages that haven't shown up. I met the mailman at the mailbox today with copies of the scans and he claims they weren't on the truck. I then went and talked directly to the post master who said that if they were on the scan, they were at my local post office, and should have been on the truck. I called the main USPS number to report both of them and was told it was probably a sorting issue due to some kind of change in machines. It all sounds like BS to me. Funny how the sorter can properly sort 10 political solicitations a day yet loses packages and cards that might have a gift in them. Short of going postal on the post office, does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle this?

Do you have a USPS carrier or a contract one?

If contract, you may want to find out if they have a boss or if they are the contract holder.

I have to agree about birthday cards going missing, easy pickin's/

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by jmh3

Birthday cards along with Christmas cards have a way of getting lost at our local PO. Post master was changed once but the problem is the home boys hired locally. Mail delivery is now between 9:30 and 10:00 nightly . WTF!

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I had a police detective nock on my door one day and he had several pieces of my mail. The had caught a woman that was going around and taking mail out of peoples mail boxes along low traffic areas. A while later I had someone from the commonwealth attorneys office call and ask questions and if I thought that the thief should be charged. I told them absolutely and she should probably have her hands removed to teach her a lesson and to set an example. They never called me back with any questions for some reason.

jmh3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Our carrier is an employee of the USPS and we live out on a rural route. I’m pretty sure it’s not neighbors or kids stealing from the box because I was there today when the carrier showed up and some of the mail was gone before it left the mail truck. It is disappearing somewhere in the USPS. The suggestion about the postal inspector is a good one.

------------------------
John
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Probably posted this before- won't hurt to again

I had a fairly expensive parcel that I tracked all
the way to the local PO and it dissapeared
from there. Had to get the postal inspector to
open a case on it, and they tracked it to the local
PO by the photos. ( apparently, they have a thing
that photographs each parcel at each depot)
They just couldn't explain where it went. It never
left the PO, but it wasn't there anywhere and
couldn't be found. I also had a friend whose
mother sent him a 50 dollar bill in a card. It
got "lost " and they swore it was never there
Only they didn't count on the humidity making
the image of the fifty transfer to the inside of
the card.
Nobody ever got in any trouble over these
incidents and they more or less blew it off

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep, the Postal Inspector might be the next step.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (10gaugemag, 358wsm, 300_savage, 358WCF, 257_X_50, 12 invisible), 1,164 guests, and 798 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,216
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.