Print Thread
Hop To
S
Sevens Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Debating ordering an EH3 from Manners to put on a general use hunting rifle. I was originally going to do the EH6, but apparently there is a shank limit of 1" on the long action.

For those that have the EH3, how do you like the stock for hunting (and what style hunting do you use it for)? How does it carry in hand?

Also, anyone done a custom color selection for the "Elite Tactical" style camo? Debating choosing my own colors, just to be different.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...
GB1

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Yep, got an EH3 about 5 years ago for a short action .260 Rem that is my kid's gun. Great stock, weighed about 26 oz if I recall. I have not one complaint about it. I dropped a remington action all trued up, with custom barrel and Timney trigger. It shoots .5 all day long with multiple loads.

As far as hunting style, I guess we hunt all different types of critters with it in all types of terrain here in MT and I'm completely happy in all aspects. Just a great, do it all type stock.

Everybody has the right to a wrong opinion.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
My all time favorite is the McMIllan Classic. In the Manner's hunting line up, I've tried the MCS-SL, EH5/A, and the EH3. The EH3 is my favorite. Just the right amount of cheek rise for 40-44mm scope and a comfortable secure grip. The bare carbon offers a more secure grip than a painted surface.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I've run one for several years on a .223AI with a Rem sporter barrel contour. Originally it was an ADL setup and the stock sucked for that due to the square area under the action....I mean really square. Had it inlet for CDI bottom metal and it's great since then. Stock is fairly light, easy to get behind the scope (even with high rail), more vertical angle on the grip with a swell that works ok offhand or prone, not overly slim in the forend so it rides bags decent but not so thick that it's chunky. Good all around stock.

I use it mainly for varmints and targets of opportunity - coyotes, crows, coons, armadillos, dogs. Used to take it deer hunting but rarely now.

I did the GAP camo and like it fine.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Pics from an old post....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I keep trying to talk myself into an EH3 but I can’t get away from the EH2 as I have 3 of them. I try to get prone as much as possible when I hunt but will shoot off sticks also.

I’ve done a few custom colors through manners and like them as they’re different but the GAP and SWAMP are my favorite stick colors.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I should note I've added left side flush cups and I can't imagine not having them with any stock now.....especially one with bottom mags.

No pics but yesterday at dark...maybe a little past dark.......I took an Alabama Mountain Lion that was prowling my back pasture. It was a monster with a huge head, paws, belly......I didn't put it on a scale but I bet this feral Alabama Mountain Lion was pushing 12 lbs..... quite Garfeild-esque on color and size.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Own or have owned a half dozen rifles with EH3's. The EH 6 is sort of a full length but slimmer version width wise, front and back. I like the slightly meatier grip on the EH3 a bit better than my McMillans but it's just personal preference. I hunt in heavy timber and also will shoot way out there. I do most of my LR shooting off a bag or packpack and the foreend is wide enough to give it some stability off a bag or pack.

I overall slightly prefer the EH2 which is even meatier. Visually the EH3 has better lines but I find my errors are less with the EH2.

The problem with stocks is they are like boots. You can make a good guess looking around online but until you plunk the money down you won't really know what works best for you.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
My favorite hunting stock.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Sure do ... Manners EH3 on a Rem 700 in 338 Norma Mag P'Imped to my dims, I like it, I like it a lot ! Alaskan moose don't like it though

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
IC B3

S
Sevens Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
How long is the barrel on yours Swamplord?

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Sevens
How long is the barrel on yours Swamplord?

26" 9.3 twist Rock Creek barrel, had them make it in a #5 Brux contour, brake is the magnum Muscle Brake from Ryan Pierce

see it in action here ....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TYJbO3LKhEQ

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QlLyAwLUkeM

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

323 members (163bc, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 1badf350, 36 invisible), 1,847 guests, and 1,023 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,980
Posts18,499,631
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.