Picked up a few items at Walmart the other day, among them an impulse purchase of one 40 round box of Remington UMC .223's with 50 grain hollowpoint. Don't usually shoot factory hoammo in .223, and with both my AR's being fast twist (7inch and 8inch) I don't usually shoot anything lighter than 60 grain Sierra HPs. Like to try something different once in a while, though so... Anyway, got home and looked at my slip, the .223's were only $5.00. I thought that was pretty cheap, so went back the next day, asked the clerk how much, was told $5.00, bought all 9 boxes they had left in stock. Figured at that price if they didn't shoot I could save them for next July 4th and burn them out of my mini-14. Went out today to try some out, shot 20 rounds. They shot pretty well in my 8 inch twist gun, but of the 20 rounds, three failures to feed, hollowpoint hanging up and getting pushed quite a way back into the case mouth. I didn't shoot those, took them home to disassemble. Funny thing is, they are a cannelured bullet, but apparently no crimp applied. Just passing it on FWIW.

Mathew 22: 37-39