Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
My license expires Dec. 27.
I went down today to the office in Marshall to renew the license. Usually takes about a half hour. Two weeks early I thought I was being pretty responsible.
My office is closed due to Corona. You have to go online.

I went online, the closest open office is Burnsville, 33 miles away. You have to make an appointment on computer. They say you can make it by phone, but the phone line is all screwed up with a message etc., says there is a two hour wait to talk to a person, garbled message you can hardly understand.
Can't make the appt. by phone.
I tried to book an appointment for today. My computer showed no appointments available for the entire month.

I couldn't believe that. I just drove over the 33 miles to Burnsville. The office is locked but I knocked and a guy came to the door.
He said the computer is right, they are all booked up for December!
I said, "Well I am here, just let me book an appointment with you now."
He said, can't book an appointment face to face, have to do it on computer.

Here I am back on the computer, nothing available in Burnsville until January 24.
I dug around and booked an appointment in Hudson NC for Jan. 15.

I have to drive 60 miles, and even then the best I can do is one month out. I will have an expired license for over two weeks.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I have to drive 60 miles, and even then the best I can do is one month out. I will have an expired license for over two weeks.

Ain't a cop alive that'll bust you for that...I don't think.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have heard more issues with the DMV like yours.
When the LEO writes the ticket and charges you with the crime or civil offense, you fight it in "court" of no record or due process:. Remember that there's no statute of 2 years limitation for collection. The system makes it a nightmare. It about the $.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mine expired in August. 😂

They closed the office and I’m not interested in renewing online. I’ll wait until they open the office again.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Dom Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Mine expired in August. 😂

They closed the office and I’m not interested in renewing online. I’ll wait until they open the office again.

The only "catch" is then they charge you a late fee for not renewing in time. Admit it, they got us by the balls, lol.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The state actually granted a 180 day extension. I’m sure they’ll find some other way to screw folks though.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C

And why do we want gov’t to run healthcare?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
People I knew here renewed online.
They digitize your pic, and could always use that to mail a replacement.

Now, they just mail you one using you old pic.

Doubt that works for CDL.

Hope this is over before I need to worry about it.

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 12/14/20.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
That is an absolute ditto for the situation in Calif. Local cops and CHP understand the problem and are not issuing citations for that alone. I would however, jot down a log of your attempts with dates and times of trying to access the broken system...it would be just like DMV to try to assess late fees when the system gets up and running again.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Wife and I had to make an appointment three weeks before we could get to a drivers license renewal place. And we got in “that early” cause we drove to a smaller town 60 miles away.

NRA Patron
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My DL expired, unknown to me, in July. About 60 days later I got a notice of expiration from the state. Since Alabama is a STAR ID state I decided I needed to go thru the hoops to get that added to my license. Then the trouble started. There were no DL offices with appointments until well past the grace period for expiration. I tried e very office from Huntsville to Mobile but nothing. Finally was able to talk to a very unhelpful "person" at one location and was told basically I could just F$#K OFF. So now, in order to meet the STAR ID requirement coming up, I will have to wait on an appointment and then pay for an entire new DL (that will still expire the same time this one does) in order to be able to get on an airplane.
It's tough everywhere @simonkenton7!

I'm shoot4fun on Accurate Shooter Forum and you can see my feedback there.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by flintlocke
That is an absolute ditto for the situation in Calif. Local cops and CHP understand the problem and are not issuing citations for that alone. I would however, jot down a log of your attempts with dates and times of trying to access the broken system...it would be just like DMV to try to assess late fees when the system gets up and running again.

Mine was due this month, went online and it said that after two 5 year renewals I had to go in. So I went online to make appt. and they are not making them because of the kung flu. But they did have the option to pay for it, so I did that thinking I would to get a temp extension in the mail. 2 weeks later I got a new license good for another 5 years they used the 10 year old pic. they had on file, so I avoided all the hassle of dealing with those retards. That's the only good thing I see that came from that flu crap.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
My license expires Dec. 27.
I went down today to the office in Marshall to renew the license. Usually takes about a half hour. Two weeks early I thought I was being pretty responsible.
My office is closed due to Corona. You have to go online.

I went online, the closest open office is Burnsville, 33 miles away. You have to make an appointment on computer. They say you can make it by phone, but the phone line is all screwed up with a message etc., says there is a two hour wait to talk to a person, garbled message you can hardly understand.
Can't make the appt. by phone.
I tried to book an appointment for today. My computer showed no appointments available for the entire month.

I couldn't believe that. I just drove over the 33 miles to Burnsville. The office is locked but I knocked and a guy came to the door.
He said the computer is right, they are all booked up for December!
I said, "Well I am here, just let me book an appointment with you now."
He said, can't book an appointment face to face, have to do it on computer.

Here I am back on the computer, nothing available in Burnsville until January 24.
I dug around and booked an appointment in Hudson NC for Jan. 15.

You are in good company. There are literally millions of Americans who need to update their drivers license. The same with title transfers and license plate renewal. Just keep your appointment and keep a current copy of your vehicle insurance in your car. All in all, the insurance card is the most important. Many States are letting the other 3 issues slide for now but not for expired insurance.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
My wife and I renewed last Monday. Went online to get info and wanted the new star license. Made an appointment online showed up in time and had no waiting. Everyone was pleasant and we were there for only 20 minutes.

We left in a state of stunned amazement. The process was eased by the fact that we had current passports.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Behind a car yesterday. It had temporary tags for May 20, 2020.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I’ve never had trouble renewing mine, been lucky I guess.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I dont have a blue star on my driver's license. Hopefully that means I cant fly. It's my Get Out Of Disney Free card.

We can renew online. Its handy. Last time I renewed it was Day 58 of my 60 grace period.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Here we do our vehicle registrations in the same place as getting drivers licenses (maybe thats everywhere?). Bought a boat this summer, went to get it registered. Had to sign a sheet out front in the parking lot with name and number, they'd call when your turn was to come inside. I was like 50 deep. Girl standing there said she'd been there for 4 hours. I waited around for an hour, ran some errands, 2 hours had passed, had to go to a meeting, an hour later get the call and couldn't make it.

Got tipped off by a friend to go to the 1 horse town 15 miles away and use their office. Drove over there, walked right inside, gave them my paperwork, signed the check, got the boat stickers. In and out in under 5 minutes.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
i guess this is where small towns offer an advantage to folks. the closest town to me has an office with 2 ladies who are as nice as can be. about a month ago i needed to renew my drivers license. walked right in, no waiting, out in 10 minutes. and this town even has a walmart. my son, who lives in a much larger town, even comes home to renew his stuff.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
i guess this is where small towns offer an advantage to folks. the closest town to me has an office with 2 ladies who are as nice as can be. about a month ago i needed to renew my drivers license. walked right in, no waiting, out in 10 minutes. and this town even has a walmart. my son, who lives in a much larger town, even comes home to renew his stuff.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (1936M71, 1lessdog, 160user, 222Sako, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 57 invisible), 2,526 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,331
Posts18,487,575
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.