Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by T_Inman
It sure was nice being able to just whip it out and take a leak when I was on patrol. I couldn't imagine having to hold up a patrol to find a little boy's room in Fallujah.

Some females probably wouldn't care but I can see the complaints and Article 120 violation (both perceived and true) coming in force.

As much as I miss it, I am glad I didn't career it.

Really. What about women. They have to pee constantly, and when they go the exposure is orders of magnitude greater. LOL
A lot of times they just have to piss themselves. Then they end up with infections in organs men don't have.

Politics is War by Other Means
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That gal is carrying serious weight for a serious distance. 70 Pounds for 12 miles takes serious conditioning for a young MAN in his prime.
I remember PT and have trained young men and women over the years. I still have to get into and stay in shape at my age, or I'll end up like friends who are carrying way more than 70#s from the couch to the doctors office and back.
I'd be willing to guess that few on the Camp Fire can do this today. I carried that load last week for a mile and was huffing it.........said to self, "Man, I need to get into shape!"

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 12/15/20.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
So once again, why are we bagging on a nurse stationed with the Army Public Health Command who went out and completed the requirements to earn an Expert Field Medical Badge?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by JoeBob
So once again, why are we bagging on a nurse stationed with the Army Public Health Command who went out and completed the requirements to earn an Expert Field Medical Badge?

Because they are making a big deal about what guys do all the time, because it's a woman, and unusual. That's the point. Guys do it all the time. Of course it's hard. Guys are better suited to it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
That gal is carrying serious weight for a serious distance. 70 Pounds for 12 miles takes serious conditioning for a young MAN in his prime.
I remember PT and have trained young men and women over the years. I still have to get into and stay in shape at my age, or I'll end up like friends who are carrying way more than 70#s from the couch to the doctors office and back.
I'd be willing to guess that few on the Camp Fire can do this today. I carried that load last week for a mile and was huffing it.........said to self, "Man, I need to get into shape!"

At 25, I could do 110 lbs for 10 miles on hills.
At 45, I could do 55lbs for about the same.

Then I started getting Baker's Cysts in my calves and had to chuck backpacking.

Now? I schlepped a 50 lb pack out to the back of the property over the summer ( about a half mile) and was flat-out amazed I could still stand when I got there.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
IC B2

O
OldHat Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
I can do 12 with 25#s and a rifle in about 4. I can ,and do, do it day after day. I sleep well at night, that is for sure.

I'm a seriously old man.

I've been doing this my whole life though. If you are over 40 CHECK with your doctor before being all gung ho. I know a guy in his forties carried a canoe about 3 miles in and died of a heart attack.

O
OldHat Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O

The military is not about merit badges. At the end of the day the military exists for one reason and it ain't to get badges.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by benchman

Because they are making a big deal about what guys do all the time, because it's a woman, and unusual. That's the point. Guys do it all the time. Of course it's hard. Guys are better suited to it.

Yeah, but she is a [bleep] nurse. They didn’t make a big deal out of her doing it, they made a big deal out of it being hard for her and her not quitting.

It’s like the feel good story of the retarded kid who practiced every day with high school football team for four years as best he could who got put in on the last play of the last game. Everyone knows he won’t play in college and that he wasn’t good enough for the varsity even, but it’s still a nice story of someone working hard and not quitting.

So, once again, the chick is a nurse in the REMFiest command in the Army. It’s not like she is pretending to have finished Ranger School and is reporting as a platoon leader to the 82nd.

Last edited by JoeBob; 12/15/20.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
A former female apologist is absent from the thread this time. Guess Renegade and a couple others calling him out last time put a kibosh on it. Nice to see an open forum at work. wink

MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
Not impressed. The Co-ed military is limited duty.

But she did great for a girl!

Well, at the risk of being the contrarian here, she isn’t in the infantry and she met the standard to get the badge.

70 lbs on your back at that pace is no joke.

If she was carrying 70 lbs I take it back.

Good Job 👍

God Bless America
IC B3

O
OldHat Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O

Yeah, but she is a [bleep] nurse. They didn’t make a big deal out of her doing it, they made a big deal out of it being hard for her and her not quitting.

It’s like the feel good story of the retarded kid who practiced every day with high school football team for four years as best he could who got put in on the last play of the last game. Everyone knows he won’t play in college and that he wasn’t good enough for the varsity even, but it’s still a nice story of someone working hard and not quitting.

So, once again, the chick is a nurse in the REMFiest command in the Army. It’s not like she is pretending to have finished Ranger School and is reporting as a platoon leader to the 82nd.

So you are saying it was like a Special Olympics photo op?

According to this it has 3 "combat testing lanes". The most interesting part is this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expert_Field_Medical_Badge#Previous_test_requirements_(before_2008)

This seems to indicate they have made it easier over time, which I think actually makes the point. The military is making accomplishment easier for a coed military.

Given what the tests are I can only conclude that the original intent of these tests was to ensure combat readiness and increase combat performance. Social Justice has changed the military.

Last edited by OldHat; 12/15/20.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Originally Posted by BulletBud
The primary mission of an infantry soldier is to “close with and destroy the enemy.” If you follow NRA Highpower Rifle shooting, SSG Amanda Elsenboss totally dominated both Interservice and National Long Range shooting in 2019. Close behind her was SSG Erin McNeal also on the AMU Team. There were no National Matches in 2020 due to COVID, but I wouldn’t want to face these two ladies on the battlefield.

I've shot alongside Amanda Elsenboss many times. I knew her as a little teenage girl way before she ever joined the Army AMU. She can be a total badass while still maintaining her femininity.

Yep, I got thrashed by Julia Watson at Camp Perry in the late 90's. A red headed terror.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shaman

Now? I schlepped a 50 lb pack out to the back of the property over the summer ( about a half mile) and was flat-out amazed I could still stand when I got there.

Yup. You're in better shape than I.
That's why I said to myself "Man, I need to get in shape.". Cardio goes first.
Right now, I'm trying to walk wherever I can to build up to 50mile long weekends next spring.

O
OldHat Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O

Right now, I'm trying to walk wherever I can to build up to 50mile long weekends next spring.

Walking distance is the best, IMO. Steps, too. Skip elevators whenever you can.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by OldHat

So you are saying it was like a Special Olympics photo op?

According to this it has 3 "combat testing lanes". The most interesting part is this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expert_Field_Medical_Badge#Previous_test_requirements_(before_2008)

This seems to indicate they have made it easier over time, which I think actually makes the point. The military is making accomplishment easier for a coed military.

Given what the tests are I can only conclude that the original intent of these tests was to ensure combat readiness and increase combat performance. Social Justice has changed the military.

Welcome to 1982, or schit, for that matter 1947...but we’re not supposed to talk about that.

P.S. According to the link you provided, it appears that they actually made it harder.

Last edited by JoeBob; 12/15/20.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

I thought you taught sword fighting and martial arts?

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

😎🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

expert in everything except reality.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
... Fewer chin-ups in basic, don't have to throw the hand grenade as far, etc...

Hmm, that might be self-limiting...

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
Not impressed. The Co-ed military is limited duty.

But she did great for a girl!

Well, at the risk of being the contrarian here, she isn’t in the infantry and she met the standard to get the badge.

70 lbs on your back at that pace is no joke.

70 lbs is fake news. They have a very light prescribed packing list that comes in under 35 lbs.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (1eyedmule, 21, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 67 invisible), 3,920 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,759
Posts18,535,662
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.