Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Anyone runnin one? Thoughts? Tracking? Thanks

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I have had no issues with 4 of these. They've held zero, moved precisely as much as each click should and feature some very nice optics as well. I am quite picky when it comes to riflescopes, but the worst I could say about these is that the finish on them is not as robust or nice as those on higher-end Zeiss scopes or even the older/original Conquest line.

J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Cool thanks Bobby 👍

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Lookin to scope my 300 prc, leaning 6-24x50

Ain’t easy havin pals.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Judman

I mentioned my three Conquest the other day - checked the tracking a while back on a windless day - all perfect .

Friend has the scope you mention , I bought one after shooting with him and dialing his . Haven't mounted mine yet , we have three more days deer season here , Dec. 26/27/28 then I'll duct tape it onto the ole 6.5x47L .
I bought the #4 type reticle - have that reticle on 4x12-50 Leupold VXR and another scope ? laf cant remember the details of it but I know I like that reticle . smile

Anyway - I'm a Zeiss guy for sure - been using them for 15 years now - big LIKE !

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I've got a 4-16x. Used it this hunting season as my first dialing scope. Really liked it. Dialed two deer and hit both right where aimed. Not super long shots but very impressed overall with the scope accuracy for what I did. I'm planning on another.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have 2 v4's the 4-16 tracks exactly when statically mounted. the 3-12 has about 1% tracking error despite not having a turret and not being designed as a dialing scope. if I could prove them durable enough I would replace 2 nightforce NXS scopes with them. the glass beats anything I have fairly easy, new nighforce NXS. bushnell elite. etc. bobby tomek is the glass guru, but I don't get too excited about glass, I just want robust adjustments. So far very happy with mine. huskemaw makes a great hunting scope too that I have had excellent luck with.

J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
No bushnell”s here. Might go huskemaw just to piss folks off, make em whine and hear excuses... actually that sounds good..

Ain’t easy havin pals.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Not to sidetrack the discussion, but I am looking at the V4 like Jud.

If anyone has the -16x and 24x for comparison; how do both scopes look at -16x?

Is FOV, eye relief and eye box equal?

Really don't need the extra power except for paper punching and steel but I often wonder if optic quality within the same model differs if one is at max power and the other still
within it's middle power range.

Last edited by WDEA; 12/18/20.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WDEA

Really don't need the extra power except for paper punching and steel but I often wonder if optic quality within the same model differs if one is at max power and the other still

what attracted me most to the v4 is the excellent edge to edge view. its almost like looking through air. the scope has a very thin edge and ring around the view as you look through it. I actually prefer the optical formula of the v4 over the way more expensive v6. the v6 appears to tunnel a bit more IMO. the 3-12 and 4-16 are the models I had interest in, the 24x is really too much scope for anything i need.

judman, if you seriously want to go husky, the people that sold me mine will sell you one for quite a bit cheaper, I was at least $200 off on the one I bought. let me know if you want to pull the trigger. The husky is actually pretty darn good, better glass than elite 4200 and newest NXS scopes. it had perfect tracking when I checked it on a static fixture. So far my 3-12 has been awesome after 3 years of bouncing and banging around the back seat of a pickup truck for thousands of miles out in the high deserts. covered and or exposed turret if you want, zero stop, I probably should buy another, ziess v4 side tracked me. zeiss v4 or husky, flip a coin. the husky may have a bit of an edge with features, maybe better reticle, option to cover turrets if you want, ziess v4 a touch better glass. I think both scopes are made in the same factory.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I picked up a v4 4-16x44 to go on my 6.5 Prc.

Haven’t shot it a lot more than sight in.

Seems good.

I do like the zer0 stop. Pretty easy to set.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

Inhave used the same scope on my main prarie dog gone for two seasons now. Tracks perfect and has held up fine, although a 223 isnt a real test durability wise.

R
Roc Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Originally Posted by WDEA

I have both.Just checked them out on 16 power.
At 220 yds the 24 has about six inches more FOV.
Can't tell any difference on anything else other than the 24 may be just a hair brighter looking at a woods that's 1575 yds back on a dingy day today.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Jud, a friend had that scope and it performed well, but he sold it due to being SFP. Neither of us are what you’d consider long range guys, but the reticle only being usable at 24X without a bunch of verifying didn’t make sense.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by SLM
Jud, a friend had that scope and it performed well, but he sold it due to being SFP. Neither of us are what you’d consider long range guys, but the reticle only being usable at 24X without a bunch of verifying didn’t make sense.

I don’t get why anyone would want a BDC or dot reticle of any sort that is SFP. Just pointless to me.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Above 9’ish I’m learning to agree.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have lots of rounds through a couple 4-16’s and they’ve been great. I’ve shot them a lot out past 1k on heavy recoilers and can’t get them to hiccup. Another scope to look at in this size/price range is the Razor LHT. Slightly more compact and very solid internals. You’d be more then happy with either.

100% Public land DIY!
J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by SLM

Copy buddy, just gonna use the turret.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
That’s where I’m at right now. Been playing with the Toric 2-10 and liking it, except for the size.

Originally Posted by SLM

Copy buddy, just gonna use the turret.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
JM:

I thought you were a Gold Ring fan boy?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (01Foreman400, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 55 invisible), 2,428 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,463
Posts18,489,835
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.