Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OldHat
Anyone have Sleep Paralysis?

If you're talking about being half awake and can't move, yes. That's scary stuff. I think it was related to apnea for me because since I got my CPAP about 10 years ago, it's never happened again.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by 1minute
When I was in college, I had a recurring dream that it was finals week. I was walking on campus and had the sudden panic that there was a class in which I was enrolled, but had never attended.
Seems universal among college students.
I can relate to that one too.

LOL had that one too and it was a class that I needed to graduate.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
It's kinda funny. Usually around the end of July and the first of August, I have a dream that I have reported for fall camp/ two a days, and it is picture day. I know that as soon as the team photo is taken, we will be running the PT test. In those days it was ten 100 yard sprints, nine 90 yard sprints, eight 80 yard sprints, seven 70 yard sprints and so on, till we cleared the 40's. Then, we would have a 20 minute run, to see who had sat on their arse during the summer. I always dream that I can't find my hip pads, or my cleats, or some such, and finally I will decide that I am all out of eligibility and realize that I am dreaming, but it feels like that must have taken at least 6 hours of the night..... Definitely stressful.

The alternative is a rehash of the work I did for a living the next twenty years. Bullets don't work. Punches don't land hard enough. Nightmares. Some nights are better than others.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Two that come back every now and then. Both I think are related to work place incidents that occurred a long time back.

One I am at the bottom of a very high hill and something is rolling down at me. It used to be a rock becoming a huge boulder just before it hits me I wake up in a sweat. ---- This one could be riding in a vehicle going backwards out of control down a long ravine or being in yard areas where loads were dumped off the sides of vehicles.

Second one I am either crawling or swimming in a tunnel that gets tighter and tighter and suddenly I cannot move forward or back. Again I wake up in a cold sweat. This one is the more frequent. ---- This one I put down to the time my coveralls hung up on wire ties in a restricted / confined space. The incident may have only lasted a few minutes until I tore free but I was pretty shook up for the rest of the day.

Hugh
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
My psychiatrist said best I not go public with my dreams 😀 Atually I also get that college/uni dream where I missed a term for a subject but still got my degree anyway - wonder what that means? It's not a frequent dream but appears from time to time over the past 30 years or so.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I'm a Finish Contractor. I carry a lot of tools in my truck when moving out of one job to another.
My dream is i'm involved in a roll over accident on a California freeway. I"m ejected from my truck and laying on the side of the road ,paralized and unable to speak.
Many people stop at the scene of the acciden,but only to pick up my tools. And cart them off..

" He who refuses to do the arithmetic is doomed to talk nonsense" John McCarthy

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Come on, nobody has had the dream where you go to school/work, and go half the day and then you and everyone else suddenly discovers you aren't wearing pants???

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Malloy805
I'm a Finish Contractor. I carry a lot of tools in my truck when moving out of one job to another.
My dream is i'm involved in a roll over accident on a California freeway. I"m ejected from my truck and laying on the side of the road ,paralized and unable to speak.
Many people stop at the scene of the acciden,but only to pick up my tools. And cart them off..

lol. sorry

My diploma is a DD214
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Stophel
Come on, nobody has had the dream where you go to school/work, and go half the day and then you and everyone else suddenly discovers you aren't wearing pants???

Only when I'm needing to use the toilet
really bad, and my brain is trying to wake
up the rest of me.
I'm usually in a building with several floors,
and needless to say the restroom is on
another floor and the stairs/elevator/escalator
is non functional or crumbling/collapsing

I always figure a way to get there and wake
up and get to the john. No accidents. Yet

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by fester
Wet dreams are the best!

Never had one.
Be much cheaper than dating

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Used to dream about riding dirt bikes
after a full weekend of the same.
One particular place had a long straightaway
that ended on the other side of a hump with
a hard left. If you didn't make the left you'd
run off a cliff edge and fall 100 some odd feet
into a shallow river and die.

Also used to dream about getting it with this
gal I fooled with for a while
We would be almost there and she would pull
a big knife from under the pillow and start
slashing at my arms. A couple of times, when
I would wake up, my arms would hurt for about
a minute
I was happy when I stopped dreaming that

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide

The alternative is a rehash of the work I did for a living the next twenty years. Bullets don't work. Punches don't land hard enough. Nightmares. Some nights are better than others.

Much the same. In deadly physical force situations and I can't get the trigger pulled or my weapon to work. They ended about 3 months after retirement. I sleep much better now.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (160user, 16penny, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 53 invisible), 2,944 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,489
Posts18,490,354
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.