Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
F
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
Was wondering if anyone from the Fire was from this area? Dale Hollow, Byrdstown

Retiring to the area and was wanting to get the do and do nots. We put in an offer and it was excepted so please no move here instead stuff.

Me and the wife love the lake as a big bass fisherman i am thrilled as property has a road down to lake.
If someone would please pm that would be awesome.
Although i retired i took a part time job and will be working until big move i think i will be working a lot until Christmas so if i do not answer pm right away you will know why.

Thank you guys very much after 31 years in law enforcement I can not wait to take it easy on lake and catch some small mouths.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Very pretty area.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Beautiful area with some nice small mouth.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I love Dale Hollow and it dosent have asian carp yet .

F
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
Thought the area was beautiful myself people have been very nice and helpful. We got an opportunity to buy a ranch that is in both Tennessee and Kentucky and on the lake so we could not be happier.
Have a perfect spot to put in a shooting range if I can find some darn primers lol.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
As long as you don't bring Cali with you you'll probably do fine. when asked where your from you should probably say another state. I'm sure TN like a lot of other states have had their fill of Calitards.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

F
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
Amen
I am a Mark Levin fan and been following Rush since he was broadcasting in Sacramento. I proudly fly three flags in front of my property now Two Trump and one Old Glory wear my MAGA hat with pride.
Can not wait to get away from the craziness.
When i was a kid we had a great state had a governor that was the best every perhaps you might have heard of him Ronald Regan man how things have changed and me not so much.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Beautiful place and some fine people there. Respect them. They know more than you think. It’ll be like you went back in time 60 or 80 years, but that’s a good thing. Just remember why you left the left coast.

Go to Pall Mall and pay your respects to Alvin C. York.

I’m an hour west of there, and enjoy fishing Dale Hollow. The shellcrackers are fun as well as the smallmouth.

F
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
Gregintenn

Thank you there is so much history in the area can not wait to go to as much as possible. We meet some super nice people out of Sparta and looked at some places over there another nice area.
Will go to Pall Mall asap.

I crappie fish here so i assume the shellcrackers will be fished in the same manor.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was born in Livingston. My grandparents lived on Barn's Ridge just a short walk from the lake. My dad spent a lot of his teen years in Jamestown, and he knew Avin C. York and his boys. Oh, yeah, don't expect the locals to act and talk like they did in the movie "Sgt. York". Folks form the ridges that saw the movie thought the portrayal of Tennesseans was downright comical.

Like others have said just treat folks with respect, and don't be overly familiar with strangers. And if you run across a still while walking through the woods its considered good manners to refrain from speaking of it.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

IC B3

F
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
Beoceorl

Great advice thank you.

Wow your pops knew SGT. York how awesome is that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fastback65
Gregintenn

Thank you there is so much history in the area can not wait to go to as much as possible. We meet some super nice people out of Sparta and looked at some places over there another nice area.
Will go to Pall Mall asap.

I crappie fish here so i assume the shellcrackers will be fished in the same manor.

Shell Crackers are more bottom feeders in a good way, not scavengers... We use red wigglers on them a bit further south. Sounds like you fit in well!

G

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here is an old steam tractor that they dragged out of Dale Hollow Lake. My great grandfather was half owner of the tractor. He and a friend bought it with the intention of logging off some of the bottom land before the lake was filled. A part broke, and by the time a replacement part arrived the lake had risen to high for them to get the tractor out.

[Linked Image]

=====================
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

F
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
Wow that is something else that is a great pic

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Beautiful area with great people. You will love it there. As others have stated, whenever you have the urge to think out loud "This isn't how it was in California". Don't say it out loud. Be who you are, sin if you must, but don't lie. If they catch you in a lie, you won't be worth a squirt of piss.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Oh, we have crappie too!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fastback65
Beoceorl

Great advice thank you.

Wow your pops knew SGT. York how awesome is that.

One of the things my dad remembered about Alvin C. was that he gained a lot of weight as he got older, and usually wore a big western style belt buckle. Every politician that came through the area wanted to have Alvin C. on the stage with him when he was making campaign speeches. His boys were about the only teens in the area that could afford a car, so it paid to be on good terms with them if you wanted a ride to the drive-in theater.

One of York's boys was a constable, and was found shot to death on the side of the road...apparently a victim of a traffic stop gone bad.

=====================
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You better know that Tennessee isn't as nice as they say .... red ants and bedbugs have infested hotels and motels across the area .
Bobcats have eaten all domesticated animals and some smaller people.
The poison oak has overtaken all other vegetation.
We have had bear sightings at every park and town.
We have Bigfoots INVADING OUR PARKS.
Porcupines "stabbing" small children should they dare to enter the forest.
Skunks have made their way over and multiplied at unprecedented rates and wander the local campgrounds in packs.
Murder hornets!?! We’ve got CRAPLOADS of murder hornets.
And I’m pretty sure all private tiger owners have released them into the streets of our towns.
Head lice now fly... right beside the bats.
Snakes are bad and I mean rattlers , coperheads and cottton mouths .
So stay where you are, in California where it's safe!
And the Boogeyman is on the loose and off his meds!
Seriously, PLEASE DO NOT COME HERE... ✋🏼 🤗
and we also have NO TOILET PAPER!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
You better know that Tennessee isn't as nice as they say .... red ants and bedbugs have infested hotels and motels across the area .
Bobcats have eaten all domesticated animals and some smaller people.
The poison oak has overtaken all other vegetation.
We have had bear sightings at every park and town.
We have Bigfoots INVADING OUR PARKS.
Porcupines "stabbing" small children should they dare to enter the forest.
Skunks have made their way over and multiplied at unprecedented rates and wander the local campgrounds in packs.
Murder hornets!?! We’ve got CRAPLOADS of murder hornets.
And I’m pretty sure all private tiger owners have released them into the streets of our towns.
Head lice now fly... right beside the bats.
Snakes are bad and I mean rattlers , coperheads and cottton mouths .
So stay where you are, in California where it's safe!
And the Boogeyman is on the loose and off his meds!
Seriously, PLEASE DO NOT COME HERE... ✋🏼 🤗
and we also have NO TOILET PAPER!!

Cali has all that and..............................................

Gavin Newsome

Good luck on your relocation Fastback

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
F
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
Rick n Tenn

Thanks for the welcome i sure appreciate it i love dry humor.

Shoot after reading your post it is going to be a dream come true we have libs out here that would trump all those things you listed in there little Prius car with out even trying lol.

Beoceorl
I do not know what it is about getting older but it does seem to be easy to put on weight lol. i might try a bigger belt buckle to hide it my self.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (160user, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1234, 10gaugemag, 57 invisible), 3,283 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,711
Posts18,534,893
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.