Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Paul, hope she feels better real soon!

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Best wishes. I've been dealing with the effects of Covid since right after Thanksgiving. Its been miserable

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by moosemike
Best wishes. I've been dealing with the effects of Covid since right after Thanksgiving. Its been miserable

First of all, Paul, hope your wife gets through it quickly....Bad timing with the Holidays.

Then Mike, The more I hear about cases such has yours, I wonder if the vaccine would be beneficial to me.

Most of the people that I know of who've had it, recovered in a few days, others were not so lucky.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Hopefully everything turns out well and wishing your wife all the best for a quick recovery.

Hugh
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hope she gets better soon.

IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by MichieD
My sister in law has it, aches/fever/runs. She doesn't work, but her husband is still working, you know, because they're both staunch democrats and union people, so it doesn't apply to them.

Spread the love, right?

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Prayers from here, Paul.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Originally Posted by moosemike

First of all, Paul, hope your wife gets through it quickly....Bad timing with the Holidays.

Then Mike, The more I hear about cases such has yours, I wonder if the vaccine would be beneficial to me.

Most of the people that I know of who've had it, recovered in a few days, others were not so lucky.

If the vaccine works and is safe I'm all for it. I wish I could gave gotten it before Covid got a hold of me

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Prayers for her speedy recovery.

1st John 4:7-8
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Paul, Praying now. Fat says to get a new doctor and I agree. The wife says she watched a video saying even though you can feel strong enough, this stuff can move fast on taking over your lungs. No way to tell when to act.

Jag had some recommendations on my thread about my "lifelong friends daughter". Might look at that.

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Originally Posted by MichieD
My sister in law has it, aches/fever/runs. She doesn't work, but her husband is still working, you know, because they're both staunch democrats and union people, so it doesn't apply to them.

From all the people that I know (including a daughter and son) that have had COVID none of them mentioned the runs as a symptom. Is your sister in law sure she's not a false positive with just the flu?

Paul, I hope you don't test positive and that your wife gets over it quickly.

Nausea, vomiting and diarrhea are symptoms. The Mrs tested positive earlier this week . Her other symptoms are low grade fever and Fatigue.
Dr said Tylenol to control fever and hydrating. .and watch for breathing issues

" He who refuses to do the arithmetic is doomed to talk nonsense" John McCarthy

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Her doctor has told her to do nothing other than isolate for 7 days minimum. I find it odd that at this point we haven't established any best practices relative to early interventions. NOTHING is to be taken prophylactically?

I had something 2 years ago. I lived on over the counter cold and flu medicine that had tylenol and some kind of antihistamine in it, NyQuill and aspirin. Don't forget the aspirin since this thing clots the blood. I had some really hard coughing that I needed to get control of. That was the hardest part. I had 3 bad days then 3 really bad days I thought I had pnuemonia and then 3 more bad days. By day 10 I was almost human again. It took me another 10 days to be "normal".

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Spoke to a doc friend who had it bad a few weeks ago. He said take 50 of zinc 2x a day, Vtamin D, Pepcid 20 mg 2x a day and 5 days after symptoms set in, steroid to address the inflimation in the lungs along with Zithromax, to prevent or treat any developing pneumonia. Pretty simple formula to stay ahead of it.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Her doctor has told her to do nothing other than isolate for 7 days minimum. I find it odd that at this point we haven't established any best practices relative to early interventions. NOTHING is to be taken prophylactically?

I tested positive for it three weeks ago. I had two of the rapid antigen tests and a PCR test, all three came back positive. I have a cousin that's a pharmacist and this is what he gave me:

50 mg zinc twice a day
500 mg Vitamin C twice a day
20 mg Famotidine (pepcid AC) twice a day.
600 mg mucinex ER twice a day
4000 IU Vitamin D3 once a day
10 mg cetirizine (zyrtec) once a day
250 mg Azithromycin (Z pack) taken once a day for the first five days.

All of these are over the counter except the Z pack I think.

My symptoms were minor and I'm back at work now. It didn't really rise to the level of an average cold for me. I also essentially confined myself to bedrest for my 10 day quarantine, I pretty much just moved between the bed and the couch, I slept a LOT and rarely went outside in the cold. I've known several people that had it worse than me and all of them used the quarantine time to do work around the house, go hunting, etc.. I think that's a bad idea, you need to keep it out of your chest and the way to do that is by not exerting yourself.

I can't swear that this regime of medicine and bedrest is what kept it minor for me, but I feel it had a lot to do with it.

V
Vek Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
If you have 45 minutes to spare, google up the senator Johnson hearing with the 3 MDs who discuss outpatient care. Then figure out how to get your hands on what they recommend. If you do nothing for 7 days as recommended by your MD and others, and her case blows up, that's on you.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That blows Paul.

Best wishes to you both.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
I tested positive 2 weeks ago today. Lost my sense of taste and smell, had some minor body aches, ran a low grade fever at night for a couple days, and had a really stuffed up nose and sinuses. Thank God I had a minor case and was over it within a week. I was given a Z-Pac and a cough medicine to take as needed but fortunately I did not need it. Somehow, my wife did not get it, nor did our son get it. That was my biggest fear that my wife and son would get it.

My son is 22 and works as a RN on a unit that keeps up to 5 Covid patients at a time. I take Vitamin C & D anyway but he had me taking Zinc and 10mg of Melatonin every night right before bed. He said he does not know why, but every Covid patient he has worked with is given Melatonin at night. I'm not sure if this batch of meds did anything but I did a lot of praying, did a lot of resting, drank a lot of water, and forced myself to eat.

Prayers and best of luck to you and your family.

I forgot to add....I also took Mucinex and Alka Selzer Cold Plus really loosened up my sinus and nasal congestion.

Last edited by VAhuntr; 12/25/20.

"Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Laurie is slightly worse today. I am much worse than I was yesterday. Still not horrible. At this point it's about like a moderate cold. Hoping to tomorrow finds us better.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Take two shots of whiskey . You’ll live

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

I tested positive for it three weeks ago. I had two of the rapid antigen tests and a PCR test, all three came back positive. I have a cousin that's a pharmacist and this is what he gave me:

50 mg zinc twice a day
500 mg Vitamin C twice a day
20 mg Famotidine (pepcid AC) twice a day.
600 mg mucinex ER twice a day
4000 IU Vitamin D3 once a day
10 mg cetirizine (zyrtec) once a day
250 mg Azithromycin (Z pack) taken once a day for the first five days.

All of these are over the counter except the Z pack I think.

My symptoms were minor and I'm back at work now. It didn't really rise to the level of an average cold for me. I also essentially confined myself to bedrest for my 10 day quarantine, I pretty much just moved between the bed and the couch, I slept a LOT and rarely went outside in the cold. I've known several people that had it worse than me and all of them used the quarantine time to do work around the house, go hunting, etc.. I think that's a bad idea, you need to keep it out of your chest and the way to do that by not exerting yourself.

I can't swear that this regime of medicine and bedrest is what kept it minor for me, but I feel it had a lot to do with it.

Excellent post, thanks for the complete info on doses and the part about rest.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

91 members (69sportfury, 17CalFan, akpls, AKislander, Akhutr, 10 invisible), 1,581 guests, and 984 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,535
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.