Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Got a Vortex bino's 10x42 for Christmas and Cabalas has them on their web site...Will they exchange without a receipt? Wanted a Leopold 8 x 30 Yoseminte ( spelling) but everyone sold out so kids got me these....don't know from who they purchased and hate to tell them I don't like and ask if they have receipt....may have to if Cabalas requires a receipt to exchange when they get the Leupolds back in stock. Every thing I purchase for myself I save the receipts if a hunting item, but as of now I am wondering if I am stuck? What you guys say? Thanks.

GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Your going to try and exchange them at Cabela's, and you don't even know if they came from Cabela's ?
People wonder why Cabela's customer service has gone downhill ?
This is why.

MOLON LABE
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
C
Just tell the customer service desk that they were a Christmas present and you don't have a receipt.

Give them a chance - they might come through.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by czech1022
Just tell the customer service desk that they were a Christmas present and you don't have a receipt.

Give them a chance - they might come through.

That what I am hoping...it not that I am trying to rip them off and yet something for nothing..I do a lot of business with them every year and just because they did not come from there dont mean they will be out of anything....they carry this same bino and I want a another pair they carry. Besides, while in there will probably spend $ for more items...isn' t there goal to get you thur there doors....well, here I am ! Need some help! Take these and sell to some one that might woold like and need more than I, and sell me a pair that I want and need. I worked retail for 40 years and was more than happy to take an item back if I carried that item...guy goes out happy and I nade new customer. No way would I lose that opportunity . Will see I guess....any way I will understand and continue shopping with them...fine someone to take them...might even give them to someone who likes Vortex, but I bet you I get a pair of Leuppld from Cabalas in Garner N.C. at some point.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
IF Cabela's doesn't swap/exchange them, Offer them for trade or sale in the classifieds, Maybe someone will have your binos to trade?

BTW I have a pair of 6X, the are perfect for me and the areas I hunt,

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
#douche

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Taking a product back to a store from which they were not sold....and people wonder why exchange and warranty policies are being gutted. That is some real nonsense for a $120 binocular. Shameful, really.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I agree, it's a crap move to take something back to a store you didn't purchase from. What's even sadder is you 2nd post where you rationalize your sorry plan.

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Thanks Hancock27, hadn't thought of that....haven't looked thru a 6x but my son has let my use his Leopold 8x30 last few weeks and they such an upgrade from an old pair of Nikons I have used for years.....need to get either 6x or 8x do not like a 10x for hunting woods or long fields.

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by MichieD
I agree, it's a crap move to take something back to a store you didn't purchase from. What's even sadder is you 2nd post where you rationalize your sorry plan.

How about if I tell them that I don't know if they did not come from there store but will you exchange them for a loyal Cabalas customer, because if I cannot come up with a receipt that is exactly what I will do. Not hiding anything...can't you see that! Think you got this all wrong there you sorry ass! Did I not state that I do purchase there and will in the future no matter what they do......just want to see if can exchang there Think about it for a minute....I will tell them where they were purchased when I see my kids today for Christmas and they tell me.....maby they came tom Cabalas or maby the did not....that not the point....I want to see if they will exchange them if not that fine....be nice not to have mail them who knows where or ride who knows where to exchange....you missing the point as I say....maby they will or maby they won't....but they not going to lose a customer over this and I surely will tell them that....they my go to store and they know it....only 25 miles away and been shopping with them since they opened.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
WOW

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
JFC

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
😳😳😳

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rlp10ml
WOW

I wasn't going to say anything, but since you brought it up...

For fug's sake it's Cabela's. I'd think a loyal customer like the OP would know that.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
As dishonest as the Demoncrats.

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The Vortex and Leupold prolly came from the same plant in China. I don’t think there is much to be gained. For a cheap set of binos, I’d keep the Vortex. Their warranty is good for replacing things that go TU.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When they scan them at customer service they will most likely know if they came from there store or not. Most big retailers have a unique bar code.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by WAM
The Vortex and Leupold prolly came from the same plant in China. I don’t think there is much to be gained. For a cheap set of binos, I’d keep the Vortex. Their warranty is good for replacing things that go TU.

The Vortex are a Christmas gift he dam well should keep them

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
If they are the Diamondback HDs, you'll be trading down...I have /have had both, and there is nothing that touches the 10x42HD in that price range..

And it's a dick move, regardless.

Last edited by liliysdad; 12/25/20.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
There was this one time, I didn't get the crimmas prize I wanted, either.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

654 members (16penny, 1936M71, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 69 invisible), 2,647 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,946
Posts18,498,979
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.