Hop To
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
"Dad, can I borrow some of your tools"

(I say that a lot, knowing I don't because he does).

GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
What generation came up with..I'd like to build the world a home,,,and furnish it with love,,,with apple trees and honey bees,,,and snow white turtle dove,,,??
It makes otherwise normal people want to kill, maim, torture and perform African grade atrocities.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Originally Posted by ledvm
Originally Posted by Squidge

"gag me with a spoon" laugh

Hear that first in 81 or 82...might actually be an Xer saying

That's a Valley Girl saying out of Commie Cali in the 80's, nothing to do with GenXer's.

At all.

"That's bogus"! 80''s Valley Girls were a very distasteful part of gen X. πŸ˜„

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Gen X is the last of the corporal punishment education system and the "physically disciplined."

My son was acting like an idiot one day.

"You know what happened to me when I did something like that? I got kicked. Want me to kick you?"

No.

"Then knock it off".

I didnt get reasoned statements, warnings or a choice. I suspect most Boomers didnt either!
Thats Gen X.

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by flintlocke
What generation came up with..I'd like to build the world a home,,,and furnish it with love,,,with apple trees and honey bees,,,and snow white turtle dove,,,??
It makes otherwise normal people want to kill, maim, torture and perform African grade atrocities.

Boomers.

They fuggin drink Coke...

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
β€œYes I can operate a manual transmission.”

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H

That's a Valley Girl saying out of Commie Cali in the 80's, nothing to do with GenXer's.

At all.

They had hair down there. Manicured.

Everything after GenX finds the raw gunshot wound attractive.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I'm kind of on the tail end of the boomer gen, born 1961.

In USMC boot camp, the DI's called us the 'Pepsi generation'.

......... "Pepsi Generation" ? Doesn't that date back to the early 1970's ? Were they still using that term when you were in boot camp? I was born in 1950, so I'm a Boomer, and I can recall that term being used in 1971 in the Corps by a Master Gunnery Sgt., ( E-8 ) on guys like me; a 21 yr. old Lance Corporal at the time.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think some are confusing millennials with Gen X. Most of Gen X are Reagan kids.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
β€œI have kids.”

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
β€œI have kids.”

"You go, girl".

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
β€œI have kids.”

"You go, girl".

I’m sure you’re sterile.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
β€œYes I can operate a manual transmission.”

My (almost) 16 year old will say that before he gets his license.

οΏ½Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.οΏ½
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gen X was probably the last generation for a bunch of things from what I remember. Last generation where most kids got their ass smacked for doing something stupid. The last to remember when there were no participation trophies. The last to have a majority of stay at home Moms. The last to remember when a guy filled your tank with gas and asked if you wanted leaded or unleaded. The last to remember when nobody wore a seat belt. The last to remember there was a bomb shelter in the basement of the church because Communism was bad. The last to remember when there were no cell phones or Internet. The last to remember everything was written in English because this is America. Last to remember reciting the pledge of allegiance every day in every grade school. The last to remember hand writing everything in school. The last to remember when you would play for hours at night until your parents yelled at you to come home, because you has 3 channels of black and white on TV and no video games. The last to remember that when you disrespected an adult neighbor, school teacher, coach or police officer, there was going to be Hell to pay when you got home. Last to remember when people who weren't either men or women were freaks. Probably forgetting a bunch...

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Gen X was probably the last generation for a bunch of things from what I remember. Last generation where most kids got their ass smacked for doing something stupid. The last to remember when there were no participation trophies. The last to have a majority of stay at home Moms. The last to remember when a guy filled your tank with gas and asked if you wanted leaded or unleaded. The last to remember when nobody wore a seat belt. The last to remember there was a bomb shelter in the basement of the church because Communism was bad. The last to remember when their were no cell phones or Internet. The last to remember everything was written in English because this is America. That's to remember reciting the pledge of allegiance every day in every grade school. The last to remember hand writing everything in school. The last to remember when you would play for hours at night until your parents yelled at you to come home, because you has 3 channels of black and white on TV and no video games. The last to remember that when you disrespected an adult neighbor, school teacher, coach or police officer, there was going to be He'll to pay when you got home. Last to remember when people who weren't either men or women were freaks. Probably forgetting a bunch...

All of the above.

The best was cigarettes.

My grandma would send me to Holiday with ten bucks and a note.

My uncle sent me to the bar across his shop to get em out of the machine.

The little [bleep] got his own jet airplane, the little [bleep] he's a millionaire.....

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
We'd go to little league, the whole team, in a toppered pickup.

Lots of fights, pro wrestling hijinks.

Letting adults know the stupid [bleep] you did, others did, involved ass beatings.

Avoid adults (Boomers).

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HawkI
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Gen X was probably the last generation for a bunch of things from what I remember. Last generation where most kids got their ass smacked for doing something stupid. The last to remember when there were no participation trophies. The last to have a majority of stay at home Moms. The last to remember when a guy filled your tank with gas and asked if you wanted leaded or unleaded. The last to remember when nobody wore a seat belt. The last to remember there was a bomb shelter in the basement of the church because Communism was bad. The last to remember when their were no cell phones or Internet. The last to remember everything was written in English because this is America. That's to remember reciting the pledge of allegiance every day in every grade school. The last to remember hand writing everything in school. The last to remember when you would play for hours at night until your parents yelled at you to come home, because you has 3 channels of black and white on TV and no video games. The last to remember that when you disrespected an adult neighbor, school teacher, coach or police officer, there was going to be He'll to pay when you got home. Last to remember when people who weren't either men or women were freaks. Probably forgetting a bunch...

All of the above.

The best was cigarettes.

My grandma would send me to Holiday with ten bucks and a note.

My uncle sent me to the bar across his shop to get em out of the machine.

The little [bleep] got his own jet airplane, the little [bleep] he's a millionaire.....

Yeah forgot about smoking everywhere. Although, I'm actually glad that's gone.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Last generation to remember no bicycle helmets.

Last to remember that paying for drinking water sounded stupid.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

At all.

Bullshiet. Valley Girls were indeed very distasteful but they were no part of GenX. They were but a blip on a timeline. Get your Boomerass facts striaght.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Squidge is a f a g.

Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 204guy, 06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 51 invisible), 13,577 guests, and 1,028 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,132
Posts18,542,399
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.