Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by scoony
I was scouring an old time gun store for dies and bullets, and saw this up on the shelf.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Added to my collection of Weller's miniatures.

A couple bottles of that and some Weller 12 and you're set.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
I very much like Blantons. It’s gotten to be expensive and I’m not going to scour heaven and earth for it tho. A few Costco’s around here have four roses single batch select for $50, and I buy a bottle every time I can.
But even that price is special occasion type of stuff for me as I’m a budget conscious drinker. For the price Jim beam is my go to.
Buffalo Trace is the most overrated one I always read praise for

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I'm a fan of Michter's, to which I was introduced when it was still distilled in Pennsylvania a long, long time ago. I also like Jeffersons and Woodford Reserve. But Michter's is my favorite.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Has anyone tried Jack Daniels Frank Sinatra bourbon? Costco had it before Xmas and I couldn’t get any. A buddy of mine said it was real smooth.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
The old Makers Mark gold wax 101 proof from the early 90s is the one I can think of that I miss. That, and Ancient Ancient Age 10 year.

The best cheap bourbon on the shelf that is still around, as far as I know: Very Old Barton Bottled in Bond. Getcha some.

Last edited by auk1124; 01/05/21.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Blanton's. I remember seeing Blanton's on the shelf but never bought a bottle. I found it at a local bar and tried it. It's wonderful. Can't find it anywhere now.

One's I can find:
Angel's Envy, especially since my local drugstore has it on sale occasionally at $38.
Jefferson's Reserve. The regular is pretty drinkable too.
Four Roses Single Barrel. I keep buying it and the bottles keep getting empty.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I gave a bottle of Stagg Jr to one of my best friends on the occasion of killing his first bull elk this fall. I haven't been able to replace it and its concerning me...likewise the Blanton's dried up around here. I got a bottle of Woodford for Christmas and I thought it was super good. I have Christmas bottles of Maker's, Elijah Craig, Larceny and TinCup to get started on while I line up my targets.

The liquor store I frequent (!) got 15 allocated bottles prior to Christmas. The owner told me rather than put them on the shelf, he's having an invitation only party for some of us who are good customers at which we'll be put in a drawing for the chance to purchase at MSRP. Said he's got three Pappy's, two George T Stagg, etc. Looking forward to that. Sounds like each guy drawn will get to pick from the pile and then pay the 99 or 119 or whatever. Hope I get to pick!

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have a Four Roses SB and totally agree that its good stuff. I differ with people on the Jefferson's. I feel like its 2x the cost of Buffalo Trace and half as good.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I wish I could find Weller 107.

My favorite that I can actually find is Old Forrester 1920.

405wcf

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
We haven't had any Weller on the shelves here in more than a year.

IC B3

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I can sporadically find Weller 107 and keep a bottle or 2 ahead of the game. My favorite for sure. Weller 12 year must be a myth. Blantons is good and readily available here. Will trade Blanton for Weller 12 year just to taste it.. Buffalo Trace is my fall back.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
1792 if you can find it........

Grammar is important.
Capitol letters are the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" & "helping your uncle jack off a horse".
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
1792 is always available here. I had a barrel proof which started out way too hot for me, but after a couple of months, I went back to it and wow was it good stuff then.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The bourbon I got this year for Christmas is Hillrock Estate Solera Bourbon finished in Pinot Noir wine casks. I believe they are around $100 for a 750 ml here. It's a farm to still craft distiller here in NY that was one of Dave Pickerell's last craft projects. As expected it has some fruity, grape notes along with the traditional vanilla/caramel/oaky notes of bourbon. It's a tasty, quality bourbon.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Bought this late summer, not sure what to expect;

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It did not suck !

grin

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
P
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
P
Not much of a drinker anymore but I miss Old Charter 12 year old. That's what I was raised up on , not sure if it was good or not but sure drank a lot of it. Evan Williams is good now, good enough anyway for cost vs taste .

Doing the right thing is not always the easiest thing. It still needs doing..
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by POKERFACE6
Not much of a drinker anymore but I miss Old Charter 12 year old. That's what I was raised up on , not sure if it was good or not but sure drank a lot of it. Evan Williams is good now, good enough anyway for cost vs taste .

Do you mean the Classic 90?

Before the boom Old Charter and Ancient Age had extra aged versions that were quite nice.

Originally Posted by mathman

[Linked Image from bourbonenthusiast.com] [Linked Image from decg5lu73tfmh.cloudfront.net] [Linked Image from cdn.shopify.com]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My dad liked Ancient Age, which was about the only bourbon he bought. Liked Wild Turkey too, but Ancient Age was cheaper, so close enough. I kept the last bottle he had, when he died in 1995. Took a snort on his Bday and Veteran's Day, until it was all. Probably lasted ten years, don't remember?

Don't know if Ancient Age is still made or not, no longer available in PA's BS state liquor stores. At least the one near me?

Dad used to fetch a bottle or two of Rebel Yell (?) sour mash home from FL, back in the 90s. Now that's available up here. I liked Jack Daniels better.

I don't drink much these days, but keep a bottle of Jim Beam at the cabin and at home, fer snake bites and sech. Stopped at the State Store last year in the little burg nearest the cabin, got a pint of JB. Old fugger behind me at the register, piped up that a pint wouldn't last him 'til he got outta town.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Ancient Age is still out there, but not the one I showed.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by mathman
Ancient Age is still out there, but not the one I showed.

It's in all of the Virginia ABC's along with Ancient Ancient in most.

FJB & FJT
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (12344mag, 222Sako, 257 mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 257Bob, 71 invisible), 2,192 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,567
Posts18,531,811
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.