I will apologies in advance if this topic has been discussed. I looked through a lot of pages and didn't find my answers so here are my two questions:

First is why do they make the medium power Z5 3.5-18 using a smaller 44mm objective while the lower power 2.4-12 uses a 50mm and the 5-25 uses a 52mm? I would have thought the lower power would use the 44, then next up 50, then the 52?

Second question and I hope this doesn't just cause a lot of opinions and call out the popcorn - I would like actual use responses: how well do these scopes track? I'm looking for repeatability.

I ask because I am coming from the tactical aspect using very accurate tracking scopes for longer range (and much more costly) and want to scale things back for hunting to under 500 yards but I am a dialer so I need to know it will track like it should. Not concerned if it isn't exactly .25" per click at 100 but repeatability. If I dial for 500 and back to zero then back to 300 or 400 or whatever, is it repeatable over and over?

"Any inanimate object will just sit there until a person picks it up.
What they do with it depends on what kind of respect they've
been taught for human life"