Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rem shooter
but does this not make it easier for democrats to push congress into making it for everyone ,? stuck there camels nose under the tent ,so to speak ,.."hey look federal goverment already doing this ,we need to do this for everyone" sort of thing

Yes. Executive Orders are perishable and futile without legislation to support them. That is why a POTUS HAS to work with Congress.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by slumlord
So all things goods and services increases in price to offset the wage increase and we’re back to the same spot.

The people that get screwed are the old folks on Soc Security that have to pay more for everything and don’t get a raise adjustment.

Maybe not..

What you can expect is more automation. Cashier at the store? Can't hardly find one now at Lowe's or Home Depot or the grocery store, but you damn sure won't find after this kicks in. They will pay 1 (one) person to stand around and supervise 6-8 self check outs at the grocery store etc. Business will offset the rising labor costs with automation of all types. Machines don't need healthcare or pensions.

This won't show up in the unemployment numbers, so the Dems will tell you this doesn't affect unemployment. Here's what they won't tell you. Higher minimum wage blocks entry into the work force, especially for teens. Teens need jobs not only for money, but to LEARN how to work and to build a resumé. Tough to get a job, any job with no work experience. When you are competing against people who have listed job experience and references that say they worked hard, were reliable, and showed up clean and sober.

Dems move after that will be-to fix the "jobless crisis of young people in their 20s". "They just can't seem to find work".

France has a form of this problem due to their social science laws. Once hired, it is nigh impossible to fire anyone in France. Rather than get stuck with dead wood that won't/can't do the job, French corporations have a strong preference in hiring those with a track record in the workplace. New grads are frozen out. New grads are pissed. Why they have degrees from all these fine universities and should be entitled to 6 figure paying jobs right out of school. Surprise to the young liberals!

Coming to Biden's America soon.

Great point

Some of the McDonald’s already have kiosks. They could do AI at the drive thru speaker. And a lot more people are using the apps and parking slots.

With this summer being a ‘test run’ many food and some retail joints can do reasonably well with drive thru or curb service. No dining rooms, dishes, no mop boy, wait staff.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Optics

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Ever heard of a federal contractor getting paid anything near that LITTLE??????

Me either.....

BUT, if memory serves, most Federal union contracts compute pay based on a multiple of 'the Minimum Wage'

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Muffin
Ever heard of a federal contractor getting paid anything near that LITTLE??????

Me either.....

BUT, if memory serves, most Federal union contracts compute pay based on a multiple of 'the Minimum Wage'

I've read and heard that the Mafiosos were very big tippers. I'm sure it's easy to be generous when it's all someone else's money.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
https://www.newsmax.com/headline/biden-economy/2021/01/22/id/1006739/

Article says it's for Federal workers and Contractors which means paying back the bureaucracy.

Mike

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Originally Posted by tpcollins
We’ll see where the unemployment rate goes after a while with this in effect.

Please post a link about Biden signing this executive order.

I think you jumped the gun and this is not a "law". Only a proposal.

Maybe it was for federal employees. Could be just a lot of noise.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/22/poli...-minimum-wage-federal-workers/index.html

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hell there ain't no Feds that only get minimum anyway.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
It'll kick the bottom rungs off the employment ladder.
Nobody will hire a kid that wants to learn but is just starting out if you gotta pay $15 to start.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by tpcollins
We’ll see where the unemployment rate goes after a while with this in effect.

I wonder how much that McRib will be after this.

IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
You guys think $15 an hour is good money? I think the thought process is people won't get laid off, that the CEO's will start earning a lower wage. Problem is the CEO will never take a paycut, they take a bonus even if the company is in the schitter.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
You guys think $15 an hour is good money? I think the thought process is people won't get laid off, that the CEO's will start earning a lower wage. Problem is the CEO will never take a paycut, they take a bonus even if the company is in the schitter.

You sure right on that .

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I'm super pumped for this as are my employees (the worst 3 out of 17). We will get to start by cutting out the bonuses for those that actually perform. They don't know yet how glad they are to be helping the complete dirtbags at the bottom of the stack rank. After that the company will begin more rapid deployment of AI and use of offshore call centers. Progress!

Meanwhile back home a loaf of Wonderbread will go from 2-5 dollars and gas to $5 a gallon. Free lunches are always so sweet.

Liberalism; The impossible yet accepted notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

635 members (1Longbow, 16penny, 219DW, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 2,678 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,945
Posts18,498,952
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.