Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
A bolt action rifle with a telescope on it and capable of a 300 yard shot will be a sniper rifle and a weapon of war only needed by the military. Just wait. There has already been some angst over private ownership of scoped rifles.
300 yd shots don’t require a scope.
For me 300 yards requires a scope and a rest, but my point was that any decent hunting rifle especially one sporting a telescopic sight will be designated as a sniper rifle not to be allowed in civilian hands.

That is also the point I am taking.

Liberalism; The impossible yet accepted notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 99guy
Originally Posted by jackmountain
99gay really means just means bend over and take it. It’s the “law”.
Another POS Tory.

If this azzhoe is the face of gun ownership in our country, then gun ownership by law abiding citizens is doomed.

When the Gestapo comes to your door and takes your guns to the incinerator you can call your friend jackoffmountain and thank him.

Just ask our hunting and shooting friends in Australia how it happens.

If you’re able to own a gun 10 years from now, you can thank someone like me. The way they lost them in Australia was pussy’s like you too chicken scheit to stand up for your rights.
Bet your neighbors house is exactly 20’ from yours isn’t it? Suburb living Chunt.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Remsen
Folks need to remember that the Constitution is a document that restricts the powers of government, not the rights of the people. It was meant to protect individual and group rights while providing for a federal government of very narrow and enumerated powers. The right to hunt, like the right to eat, is a right that the framers of the Constitution assumed would always be an inherent right, free from government infringement, as can be seen through the convention debates as well as the existence of the 9th and 10th Amendments.

The question should never be "why do you need a ______" but rather "where does the government think it gets power to tell us what we need and what we don't need"?

Of course, the Constitution no longer exists as it was intended, but the first step to restoring it is to not adopt the language and illogic of those who destroyed it.

AMEN

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Folks need to remember that the Constitution is a document that restricts the powers of government, not the rights of the people. It was meant to protect individual and group rights while providing for a federal government of very narrow and enumerated powers. The right to hunt, like the right to eat, is a right that the framers of the Constitution assumed would always be an inherent right, free from government infringement, as can be seen through the convention debates as well as the existence of the 9th and 10th Amendments.

The question should never be "why do you need a ______" but rather "where does the government think it gets power to tell us what we need and what we don't need"?

Of course, the Constitution no longer exists as it was intended, but the first step to restoring it is to not adopt the language and illogic of those who destroyed it.

AMEN

X200.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223

AMEN

100%

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by westside_benny
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
A bolt action rifle with a telescope on it and capable of a 300 yard shot will be a sniper rifle and a weapon of war only needed by the military. Just wait. There has already been some angst over private ownership of scoped rifles.
300 yd shots don’t require a scope.
For me 300 yards requires a scope and a rest, but my point was that any decent hunting rifle especially one sporting a telescopic sight will be designated as a sniper rifle not to be allowed in civilian hands.

That is also the point I am taking.

And my point was to highlight how ignorant the left is.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Sure glad i didn't put a scope on my old 30-30.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
There are always going to be people that love guns and people that hate guns. No matter what. It's the people in the middle that matter and eventually decide policy.

Doing stupid s h i t like storming the capitol building, showing up at state capitols brandishing black guns and masks, talking about revolution and insurrection and succession and violently overthrowing the government pushes the middle to the left. We need the middle or we are going to lose our rights and we will have nobody to blame but our own dumb azzes. You all want to keep your guns?

STFU.

When enough people are convinced gun owners are militants and terrorists and not hunters and recreational shooters, then the guns are gone.

Perhaps.

Then again, take a look at what happened in 2020...it was the left storming federal and state buildings, brandishing weapons, talking about revolution and insurrection and partaking in violence.

Did they get put down? Hardly. They scared the bleep out of enough people that they got their way. They scared the Supreme Court enough to cow them into not taking up important election cases for fear of more violence.

Violence is the only thing that works in this country today. I wish it wasn't the case, but the longer we "STFU" and follow the rules, the further we'll be from restoring our rights and liberty.

Consider how the Democrats were able to get private companies to engage in very effective censorship before and after the election...they skirted the First Amendment issues by simply empowering the private parties that controlled the means of communication. The left also pushed the police into not enforcing the law or protecting citizens, but when someone from the right stood up to the mob the leftist politicians came down hard on them (see, e.g., Kyle Rittenhouse or that couple from Chicago). That left many people with no means of effectively fighting back. The government stood back, said "we didn't violate the Constitution, we had nothing to do with the mostly peaceful protesters who silenced everyone who didn't agree with them".

It's an effective model for the Democrats and they're going to continue to use the tactic. STFU means defeat for us.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
They'll go after anything resembling a weapon, as we all know. But it is true that "long range hunters" deserve some blame if "sniper rifles" get banned. Bragging about half-mile hunting was and is stupid. As well as - this is my personal opinion - totally unethical.

Anyone in particular you are bitching about?

Rocky?

Rocky?

Where did you go?

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
10-4 Remsen.

Last edited by Jim_Conrad; 01/22/21.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rocky are you out here?

Rocky???

John Burns

I have all the sources.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
They'll go after anything resembling a weapon, as we all know. But it is true that "long range hunters" deserve some blame if "sniper rifles" get banned. Bragging about half-mile hunting was and is stupid. As well as - this is my personal opinion - totally unethical.

Anyone in particular you are bitching about?

Rocky?

Rocky?

Where did you go?

I’ve never had a beef with RR, but that was the epitome of ignorance.
I had an Uncle with the same mentality. Couldn’t see the trees for the forest.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by kwg020
There are always going to be people that love guns and people that hate guns. No matter what. It's the people in the middle that matter and eventually decide policy.

Doing stupid s h i t like storming the capitol building, showing up at state capitols brandishing black guns and masks, talking about revolution and insurrection and succession and violently overthrowing the government pushes the middle to the left. We need the middle or we are going to lose our rights and we will have nobody to blame but our own dumb azzes. You all want to keep your guns?

STFU.

When enough people are convinced gun owners are militants and terrorists and not hunters and recreational shooters, then the guns are gone.

This ^^^^^
kwg

Another coward shows his self. Congrats...

Some people believe they can walk and speak softly and the gun grabbers will go away - if we all had that mindset - our 2nd amendment would be gone yesterday .

AGAIN - there's MANY MANY MANY more of us than there is them .

Right Mackay Sagebrush !!!

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

STFU.

STFU means defeat for us.

I am not suggesting we stop defending our 2nd amendment rights. If the frammer's had not thought it important enough to make it the second amendment of the constitution our rights would have been long gone by now. Those few words have been the only thing keeping gun ownership possible by any American citizen for many many years.

However, there are many millions and millions of people in this country that do not own guns, who don't care about guns and the only thing they know about guns is what they read on the internet and see in the news. They are not familiar in the least with our hunting and shooting culture or heritage. The only people they see on the liberal left fake news with guns are the ones threatening the government. And as hard as it may be to believe there are a lot of people in this country that love the government because they depend on the government to survive.

And then they see or hear about guys like jackoffmountain talking about using their guns to resist the government and that scares the crap out of them. Jackoffmountain and his ilk are not friends of gunowners in this country. They are the poster child of the liberal left's argument that American citizens can't be trusted with guns. Jackoffmountain lives in his little shack in Virginia in his internet fantasy land pounding out his rhetoric and bullsheet behind the cloak of a keyboard and he thinks the rest of the 330 million people in this country give a chit what he thinks. They don't.

If we want to make the argument that our guns are for hunting and shooting and personal protection then we still have a chance. If our argument is that we need guns to resist the government and attack law enforcement, then our cause is lost.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O

STFU.

I am not suggesting we stop defending our 2nd amendment rights. If the frammer's had not thought it important enough to make it the second amendment of the constitution our rights would have been long gone by now. Those few words have been the only thing keeping gun ownership possible by any American citizen for many many years.

However, there are many millions and millions of people in this country that do not own guns, who don't care about guns and the only thing they know about guns is what they read on the internet and see in the news. They are not familiar in the least with our hunting and shooting culture or heritage. The only people they see on the liberal left fake news with guns are the ones threatening the government. And as hard as it may be to believe there are a lot of people in this country that love the government because they depend on the government to survive.

And then they see or hear about guys like jackoffmountain talking about using their guns to resist the government and that scares the crap out of them. Jackoffmountain and his ilk are not friends of gunowners in this country. They are the poster child of the liberal left's argument that American citizens can't be trusted with guns. Jackoffmountain lives in his little shack in Virginia in his internet fantasy land pounding out his rhetoric and bullsheet behind the cloak of a keyboard and he thinks the rest of the 330 million people in this country give a chit what he thinks. They don't.

If we want to make the argument that our guns are for hunting and shooting and personal protection then we still have a chance. If our argument is that we need guns to resist the government and attack law enforcement, then our cause is lost.

The 2A is exactly about what you say makes our cause lost. You are an idiot.

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Pretty sure the " Sniper Rifle with Tripod" in the picture is a Remington 770 with a stupid Barska barrel mounted bipod.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
[quote=99guy]There are always going to be people that love guns and people that hate guns. No matter what. It's the people in the middle that matter and eventually decide policy.

STFU.

-------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are a Republic - THEY can't LEGALLY take our guns ,, it matters not what the left , the middle or even the right THINK the law is the law .

Your last sentence shows you don't know what the 2nd is about .

Last edited by ol_mike; 01/22/21.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For those complaining about ethics, whatever you do, don't read a book about hunting that's more than 40 years old. You might not make it.
Those great old timers were quite keen on slingin lead in hopes of winging an animal enough to collect it.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

STFU.

No one decides what my rights are but me, and I give no fuucks about "policy". If said "policy" is an attempt to subvert the Constitution, as they have been regarding keeping and bearing arms, then all involved in said attempt to subvert the Constitution should be charged and convicted of treason, and hanged according to the law that each of them swore an oath to protect and follow.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Rocky are you out here?

Rocky???

Rocky?

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (1Longbow, 1minute, 10Glocks, 2500HD, 1moredeer, 204guy, 53 invisible), 1,876 guests, and 1,069 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,893
Posts18,498,013
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.