Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Just bought two boxes of SGK's 30 cal. for $33.29/ea at Midway. Happy with the price and even happier that I finally found them.

Start young, hunt hard, and enjoy God's bounty.
GB1

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by flintlocke
I think this would be a good time for those in the Larry Potterfield fan club to chime in..... Crickets.

Potterfield is a business man. The distributors are raising the cost of items and it gets passed on. Works that way for everything and Natchez, Graf & Sons, Brownells etc... have all raised their prices as well. Been buying from Midway for many years. Don't buy everything from them, but I buy a lot. If you personally don't like them, shop elsewhere so you can be happy.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Midway user here, just ordered a set of rings and a bunch of closeout spinners for crappie fishing.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I never bought components at cabelas and rarely ammo. Unless it was on sale. Was always cheaper at the online vendors. Now cabelas has them all beat by a lot.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I chuckle when I hear about primers. Maybe should focus the attention where it belongs, i.e., Hodgdon now owns & controls probably >3/4 of powder in the country. Their price increases could make primers and bullets look like child's play.

Murphy was a grunt.
IC B2

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by flintlocke
I think this would be a good time for those in the Larry Potterfield fan club to chime in..... Crickets.

Not a Larry fan as I bought 4 bags of 270 win brass they were Winchester brand from another source for my 6.5-06 build. The smith bought a bunch as well for the gun he’s building along side mine because we couldn’t find Norma brass. When he measured the brass the heads were .460 and most brands are closer to .465 so I got a call to tell me not to start trimming. So he found Lapua brass at smiling Larry’s and we ordered some and later found it at Brownells for about $40.00 per hundred cheaper. There was a gouging thread the other day mentioning Larry that I refused to comment on but now the eyebrow is raised

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gene270
i will chime in on the Larry fan club...the market sets the price on most everything thats why guys are paying $100.00 dollars for 500 large rifle primers so if the price is not going to work for you dont buy it....my main point about midway is that i ordered something from them on Tuesday and it will be at my house on Saturday.....I ordered from two other outfits before that and they havent even got the product out of their facility yet so midway is doing something right.....

or
$100 for 1 lbs of RL17

or Buy now
$1700 for 8 lbs retumbo!!!!!!! currently at $700.00

Why am I thinking they will never go back to what they were once (if) supply catches up. At least in the stores.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

I end up buying as much from Midway as all the other internet outfits combined. Shipping and communication from Midway is excellent--takes 5-7 days tops for orders to hit the doorstep of my house out in the sticks on the West Slope. Sometimes Larry's prices are a bit much and I'll go shopping elsewhere. Meanwhile, my order from Graf's took 15 days before they even shipped it........

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’ll admit I order from Larry at times. His shipping is fast and I get notifications. Yes, some things have gone up in price, and if I can get them cheaper somewhere else, I buy them elsewhere. I have ordered from Brownell’s, Grafs, Blue Collar Relaoding, Powder Valley, and a few others. Midway was always the quickest on shipping, with Brownells’s and BCR, being tied for second. Grafs, well they are slow as Christmas when it comes to shipping.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

211 members (1lessdog, 12344mag, 160user, 2UP, 264mag, 338rcm, 24 invisible), 1,628 guests, and 1,054 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,972
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.