-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for your service guys and the great pictures.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
Originally Posted by Hudge
Here I am thinking my last deployment to OIF 11 years ago seems like yesterday. Thanks for your service! So we’re you a load master?

Flight engineer, C-130H2s.

I grew up near LRAFB and the C-130’s did low levels over my parents house. I joined the AF only to get stationed at LR 9 years later a fluke. Our Sq. Superintendent was a C-130 Loadmaster. Best superintendent of any unit I was ever in! He was fired by the OSS CC, and I think he went over the 62nd or 61st, whichever one is at LRAFB before he retired out.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by goalie
[Linked Image from u.cubeupload.com]

Cool pic, again. Where's the rest of the vehicle?

Are you a lefty or is the one pic flipped? Catch with the right hand in goal?

I'm a lefty. Shoot either way, but prefer lefty. Play goal the "normal" way. Shoot right (lefty way to hold a hockey stick) skating out though. I used association goalie gear as a kid, so played the way the gear told me to.

The tracks to the right lead to "the rest" of the vehicle.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A few more:

IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I think I can smell those pictures.

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i was a civilian by then, working as a DoD engineer on the first iteration the the AF MAC C2 IPS project. basically a computerized system to replace the greaseboards that MAC used to track airlift. when desert shield kicked in, we did a rapid prototype of a deployable that loaded onto 130's along with a couple of MARC shelters and assorted power/hvac and HF gear to run it. Some of the sites we rolled it out to were riyadh, KKMC, dover, mcguire, charleston, pope, ramstein, rhein mein, icirlik, mildenhall, lajes and torrejon. i spent a lot of time in jump seats bouncing around the globe setting that stuff up. 30 years ago today i was in rhein mein billeting watching the fireworks on TV and heading to Riyadh on a 141 in a couple days. not exactly a good feeling but the money was good. lot more than the GI's were getting doing the same thing.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by northern_dave

Yeah.

Your STA guys left their rifles black?

This was late '91 or early '92 when I went back with 1/8

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was out of the Navy for over a decade when DS went down, working for a small radio shop in El Paso.

A few days before they lit the fuse I was sent on a service call in one of the maquiladores across the river...probably a GE or Phillips plant. The Mexicans manning the dispatch office, where the radio was located, were a couple of snarky young pendejos who told me we were about to get our asses waxed. I told them they were full of [bleep] and that they had NO IDEA what the US military was capable of doing, which they insisted was not true. I told them to just wait and see, and when I left I told them to be sure and pay attention. Wish I'd had another service call at the same place a couple of weeks later to rub their noses in it. I shoulda taken a dump in their radio.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RiverRider
I was out of the Navy for over a decade when DS went down, working for a small radio shop in El Paso.

A few days before they lit the fuse I was sent on a service call in one of the maquiladores across the river...probably a GE or Phillips plant. The Mexicans manning the dispatch office, where the radio was located, were a couple of snarky young pendejos who told me we were about to get our asses waxed. I told them they were full of [bleep] and that they had NO IDEA what the US military was capable of doing, which they insisted was not true. I told them to just wait and see, and when I left I told them to be sure and pay attention. Wish I'd had another service call at the same place a couple of weeks later to rub their noses in it. I shoulda taken a dump in their radio.

I've seen some beat downs over the last 50 years, but I've never seen anything near the ass kicking delivered at the Kuwait City Airport.

I doubt I ever will.

IC B3

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Thanks to all who served!

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Cool pic, again. Where's the rest of the vehicle?

Are you a lefty or is the one pic flipped? Catch with the right hand in goal?

I'm a lefty. Shoot either way, but prefer lefty. Play goal the "normal" way. Shoot right (lefty way to hold a hockey stick) skating out though. I used association goalie gear as a kid, so played the way the gear told me to.

The tracks to the right lead to "the rest" of the vehicle.

Interesting. I'm right handed and surfed "goofy footed" and mostly shot right but could switch a bit. Then again, I never played much, just some pick up games and sticks were different back in my day.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for you service men

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My West Point roommate earned himself a Bronze Star in Desert Storm the year after he graduated.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N

Yeah.

Your STA guys left their rifles black?

This was late '91 or early '92 when I went back with 1/8

I doubt that. I was at a weapons hold in Al Jubail. 2111, lots of weapons inspect and repair. There was a lot of gear that stayed green/black but an M40A1 probably best be sand colored.

Something clever here.

D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D

I've seen some beat downs over the last 50 years, but I've never seen anything near the ass kicking delivered at the Kuwait City Airport.

I doubt I ever will.

Three men from my Air Guard unit cleared the cars off the Kuwait City airport runways and ramps with all terrain fork lifts. The Army slung three AT fork lifts with CH-47s and took the men to the air port. The Iraqis had taken cars out on the pavement and removed the wheels so the cars were on the frame. Our guys got the airport cleared way ahead of the anticipated time. One of them told me they figured out running the forks through the cars to lift them worked best. They got to where they didn't stop. They'd floor it, skewer the cars and lift all in one motion and take the cars out from the pavement, hit the brakes and turn as soon as the car was off the forks. They did on one day the Army thought would take almost three.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
[quote=goalie]
I doubt that. I was at a weapons hold in Al Jubail. 2111, lots of weapons inspect and repair. There was a lot of gear that stayed green/black but an M40A1 probably best be sand colored.

Jubail … brings back memories. This is me with some of the bad guys’ weapons in Jubail.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

Another pic from Jubail:

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
cool, I wish there was a "like" button here.

We played around with some of those AK's and rpgs. Several we cleaned up and test fired for officers that were bringing them home.

Is your leg still chaffed from the gas mask, 30 yrs later? lol

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
cool, I wish there was a "like" button here.

We played around with some of those AK's and rpgs. Several we cleaned up and test fired for officers that were bringing them home.

Is your leg still chaffed from the gas mask, 30 yrs later? lol

Interesting. We weren't allowed to take anything home that we didn't bring with us or face serious consequences if caught. I did sneak home a relatively-worthless captured metal AK cleaning kit that was in an oval shape and was stored in the butt of the rifle--as a memento.

It was a pain lugging that gas mask around and occasionally donning it. The only lingering physical affects I have though likely is some hearing loss.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (10ring1, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 160user, 64 invisible), 2,221 guests, and 1,211 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,010
Posts18,500,165
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.