Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 27 28
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I’ve done several hundred transactions here over the years and never had a single bad one until price gouger Chuck Williams from Fritch, TX tried to ship me 20 pounds of .22 cal gold dots in a small flat rate box last week. I should have known not to almost triple pay for these in the first place as guys who do that obviously put $$ above honor and integrity, but my boys love shooting .22 cal centerfires so it sounded like a reasonable deal. His $8 small flat rate box got here empty. No tape at all over the perforated section other than the clear tape the post office added to attach their “received unsealed without contents and damaged” post it note. I totally understand - I shipped $120 worth of bullets to another fire member last year in a small flat rate box and the exact same thing happened to me. I refunded the $$ immediately. No questions. I asked Chuck politely for his cel number so I could send him pics of the box and his response was “I packeged it well (basically, “go to hell”.) I gave him 3 or 4 chances after that in PM’s and was very polite. I’ve never written one of these and never wanted to. We all make mistakes. Some of us make it right, some of us think $350 in our bank account is more important. Kind of ironic that I returned today from the 24hourcampfire hoghunt in TX after spending a week with some of the best guys around to get screwed by some price gouging self righteous a hole with no sense of integrity. He’s selling these gold dots for more than twice what he paid for them. People called him out in the for sale thread (and just see what he posts here to figure out what type of guy he is). Since he offered absolutely no resolution at all initially, and then eventually offered to send me just the $50 of USPS insurance, I proposed sending me 500 of the bullets (1/2 my order) and packing them well this time. I’d have worked with him, and made that clear. Wrap the entire box in duct tape, use a real box, whatever. He didn’t mean for the package to break open, but it did. I’ve been there. He decided to get nasty. Arguing he offered additional insurance. I guess in hindsight if I’d have known how terrible he packed stuff, I should have bit. Buyer be warned. A man who has no honor or integrity does not belong on the fire. I’ve shipped several guns here before I received payment. Do your homework friends. Times are rough for a lot of guys out there and they don’t care where they unload their stuff or whether it arrives.

Joe Traylor

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had the empty box arrival yesterday also. Kinda hard to believe that anyone would trust the adhesive.......

This all is under the same heading in that the ‘fire isn’t what it used to be....

Honestly it’s mostly the guys that have been here at least 10 years that will understand what I am saying.......

Dave

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sounds like a real piece of sh*t to me. what a spineless b*tch of a man.

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
"Killertraylor", youre a LIAR. i posted our ENTIRE EXCHANGE in the campfire section for any and all to read.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I always tape up boxes under the assumption that they’ll be thrown across a room and land on the floor a couple times, then put another strip along all edges for good measure.

To not do so is foolish and negligent, especially for heavy boxes full of bullets or brass.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Last edited by Killertraylor; 03/07/21.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Say what you want. There were TWO LAYERS of packing tape around the box and 2 wraps of duct tape around the spine where the box is open. Where is the duct tape now? You mentioned it was there but i dont see it in your pic???

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Willi----- its obvious you failed to deliver, pay up!!! You broke the contract, its on you to refund the money or make it up. What he wants willi, is what he paid for, and you failed to meet your end of the contract. Sorry Charlie, but you could be off of this website in the near future.

Last edited by elkmen1; 03/07/21.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for posting our PM’s - wasn’t going to embarrass you like that, but I guess you’re one of the special ones here. Glad my integrity costs more than $350 👍 Have a good night, Chuck.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I have found that if you put bullets, boxed or not in a heavy zip-lock bag and then wrap it in packing tape before it goes in the shipping box there will be no problems.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
little willi did a [bleep] pack job, and isnt man enough to try and make it right.

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
That’s really sad. I recently had a close call with bulk packaged bullets. Got lucky they were well wrapped and in a good way as the USPS box had started to split. But all that is beside the point.

The real point here is character and integrity. Which leads to good members (or people) finding satisfactory resolution when schit goes sideways. And I will vouch for and tell you all old and new that KillerTraylor is a friend and a gentleman. If he told me he needed me to be at his house in the morning, I’d be driving all night, no questions asked.

Willi, I would suggest you reconsider and make a kind and generous offer to the gentleman. A few bucks is not worth my reputation, and I hope, as a Campfire member, you would consider being the same.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by MontanaDice
I have found that if you put bullets, boxed or not in a heavy zip-lock bag and then wrap it in packing tape before it goes in the shipping box there will be no problems.

Thats exactly the way it was packaged.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I put bullets or brass in a Tryvex bag that you can get free from the PO then pack that. I have seldom had a problem.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Over the years I have done countless dealings with Joe and he is first class all the way. You are a POS

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Killertraylor
Thanks for posting our PM’s - wasn’t going to embarrass you like that, but I guess you’re one of the special ones here. Glad my integrity costs more than $350 👍 Have a good night, Chuck.

Embarrassed? Im certainly not, especially by an attorney who threatens to sick his friends on me. 😂
Youve been refunded what you were owed. This will definitely be a lesson to me on taking lots of pictures before shipment and insuring packages for full value regardless.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Willicd76

Embarrassed? Im certainly not, especially by an attorney who threatens to sick his friends on me. 😂
Youve been refunded what you were owed. This will definitely be a lesson to me on taking lots of pictures before shipment and insuring packages for full value regardless.

After this thread and your “call out” thread, I suspect you’ll be doing a bit less of that in regards to transactions on this forum.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
This will be the first time in 12 year that I have responded to a call out thread.

I will admit that I am prejudiced, as I know the OP personally. Not only is he an honorable man, but is unbelievably generous. I like and have great respect for Joe.

FWIW, I recently had the same thing happen to me with a "newbie" that only posts in the classifieds and seems to never complete any transactions to folks other than those with very few posts, which to me is suspect.

I bought 4 boxes of 25 caliber bullets. IIRC it was only $110 shipped. No big deal, as I've never been burned on a transaction here, before. I should had done a better job of due diligence. My bad.

When I went to pick up the package, Same MO. Tape was only applied to the spine, and not wrapped around the box, and notes from the USPS saying that it was damaged in shipment and that the box was empty..

It was shipped from a Kiosk with no return address and the seller withdrew from the PM the day he shipped, which I also found to be unusual. I always ask folks to which I sell to let me know if they received the pkg. and if they are satisfied. Also, I always buy insurance to cover my loss as part of my shipping expense. I see that as my responsibility. The buyer has paid me in good faith expecting to recieve what he purchased. If he does not, then it is up to me to make recompense.

If I had been the seller and the buyer did not receive his merchandise, I would 100% refund his money, plus shipping.

My suggestion to the Seller.

Man up, seller.

Ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 03/07/21.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
today there are thieves in the postal system that target heavy for size packages they may contain silver, gold or who knows. as we all know bullets are currency right now.
i had a package delivered exactly like the one above, missing 458 405's. the seller was smart enough to insure for the entire purchase price. i got my money back. he got his money. the thief got the 405's.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
This ain't gonna work out for you like you hope Willi.

And thats LEO to LEO

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

511 members (29aholic, 12344mag, 1badf350, 222Sako, 10ring1, 270cowboy, 45 invisible), 1,760 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,010
Posts18,520,630
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.