Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
You've got a pretty cushy life if your biggest problem is someone musing about how light or dark your baby's skin will be.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There is that.....

Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
You've got a pretty cushy life if your biggest problem is someone musing about how light or dark your baby's skin will be.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
William's children are in the direct line of succession whereas Harry's are not. Or, we can make it all about race, which, by the way, is indiscernible unless that is very important to you. Only one generation back, it was disqualifying to marry someone without royal blood or to marry a divorcee'. Plainly things are changing and the Royals are changing along with them.
Is there racism in Britain? Of course there is. Everybody who recognizes racial differences is, by definition, racist. Many are hurt by racism and many revel in it. Harry's first kid is so white as to be nearly transparent so that should assuage any fears on that score. It should, of course, not be an issue anyway but there it is. We have to face facts, if we are white, there are people who hate us for that. If we are colored (pick a color), there are people who will hate us for that. Not an ideal situation, for sure, but there it is. GD

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
This is why Archie isn't a prince. In 1917, King George V decided that the number of royal highnesses should only go back to grandchildren. Archie is a great grandchild. He will become a prince when the Queen dies and his grandfather becomes the king.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Oh the drama! It's a slow news day on this side of the ocean. smile In the old days, the queen would have ordered some heads chopped off. How times change.

[Linked Image from i2-prod.mirror.co.uk]

Brit presenter Piers Morgan is no longer an employee of ITV network because of his on air rant about Meghan. Many of you might remember this guy from CNN. He replaced Larry King, but didn't last long. That's why I'm posting this little story.

Piers was on a UK show called Good Morning Britain. After the Harry/Meghan interview, he started screaming about it being a two hour trashathon of the royals and said a bunch of unfounded things about her. There is obviously more to this story.
---

At any rate, one of his on air colleagues was shocked and said,

Good Morning Britain's Alex Beresford blasts Piers Morgan over Meghan Markle coverage

Good Morning Britain presenter Alex Beresford has slammed Piers Morgan over his coverage of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's interview with Oprah Winfrey.

Morgan spent much of Monday morning's show ranting about the couple's bombshell TV appearance hours after it aired in the US. The host did not hold back as he told viewers he was 'sickened' by the 'two hour trashathon' of the Royal Family.

He also took issue directly with Meghan for portraying the family members as 'white supremacists', as she revealed one of them had made comments about her son's skin colour.

How dare you!

---

Oh dear.

But Piers figured he could get away with it.

---

Piers Morgan laughs off calls to get him fired following savage Meghan Markle swipe

Piers Morgan has told those trying to get him fired to stop wasting their time following his latest controversial Meghan Markle rant. He launched a blistering attack on the Duchess of Sussex on Monday, saying he didn't believe she was suicidal – and labelled her the Pinocchio Princess. He accused Meghan of 'acting' during the interview with Oprah Winfrey which has gripped the world over the past few days.

But many feel he crossed a line on Good Morning Britain and has been slammed by mental health charity Mind for dismissing Meghan's dark thoughts after she bravely opened up.

So what? Fire me!

---

Well, the UK has a broadcast regulator called Ofcom, similar to the US FCC or our CRTC. It received 41,000 complaints about Morgan and his ranting in a period of about 24 hours.

Hmmm... Them folks is ticked!
---

As a result,

Piers Morgan leaves ITV's Good Morning Britain after row over Meghan remarks

It brings the controversial host's time on the breakfast show to an end after six years. ITV announced the decision after Ofcom said it was investigating his comments after receiving 41,000 complaints.

On Monday's show, Morgan said he "didn't believe a word" the duchess had told Oprah Winfrey in an interview.

An ITV spokesperson said: "Following discussions with ITV, Piers Morgan has decided now is the time to leave Good Morning Britain. ITV has accepted this decision and has nothing further to add."

The channel confirmed to the BBC that his departure will take immediate effect but declined to say who would be replacing him on the sofa on Wednesday.

Piers is gone

----

A loud mouth Brit media type loses his job for trash talking Harry and Meghan. But no worries for him. He's worth about $21 million CDN. I don't think he needs to work.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
The Prince should cut his losses and dump the bitch, LA deserves her!

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
I have now suffered through a significant portion of the interview (an interview would be much better without Oprah, mind you) and find myself in the unenviable position of having to admit that I must, to a certain extent, agree with Steve. I'm not so sure that the whole race issue would have even been so prominent had it not been for Oprah but it does appear to have been a factor in their treatment by the rest of the royals and this is, of course, reprehensible. The Monarchy's demise is inevitable and they have brought it on themselves. GD

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 378Canuck
Originally Posted by FWP
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
But did you watch it?

For something that no one cares about, it sure generated a lot of responses. laugh

Maybe people responded because they realized it was more BS being jammed down our throats by the political correctness gods.
Yes.
I watched it for about 5 mins, the queen of talk shows trying to make a come back on the popularity of the estranged Royal couple. It sounded to me like another cry l hurt documentary.
I really dont appreciate the fact that they are guarded 24/7 with tax payer dollars thanks to stupid liberals at the helm.

I thought all of that was cut off back in 2019 and they left for the USA!! Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Yes Bill, it was sad in many respects.

I'm glad you had the opportunity to watch.

Much of what they said is easily verifiable. Especially when dealing with HR. There will be a mechanism in place should a royal talk with that office in confidence.

The monarchy is causing their own demise. They are dependent on the goodwill of the public to remain. With every passing year, more scandal and wrongdoing occurs. I suppose the big question is, not if they will collapse, but when.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Nope.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Amazon River runs for thousands of miles. At some points it runs through areas of the rainforest that are almost untouched and have barely been explored. Because of the porous limestone in these areas, the river water leaks through the stone and travels deep into the earth, and forms underground pools almost a mile below the surface. Over thousands of years, small blind fish have lived and evolved in these pools. These fish have never seen the sun or surface and have never been seen by the human eye....
These fish care more about this, than I do.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I thought we moved past the royals in 1776...

How'd they sneak back into our minds and living rooms?

Seriously, I think Harry has scars from his childhood and how all that went down with his Mom. He's got a thing about the paparazzi, blaming them for her death. Meghan is very good at manipulating him. When she went "suicidal", it triggered something primordial in him from his youth. He then flipped into "protection mode", giving up his own family to protect his wife and new family. Meghan has become a type of his Mom and she has him where she wants him. I think he also blames the royal family for helping to set up his Mom's demise, so how he's reacting now isn't that surprising to me.

Those two have reportedly gotten multi-million dollar deals from Netflix and such. The sky is the limit. They'll do well, milking all this sympathy from their woke comrads and woke media. Throw in the race card and they're good to go. Got to give it to Meghan, she is a good actress, a real pro... And, seems to me that Harry isn't too bright. I don't think the royals are known for their intellect. Sorta runs in the family. Meghan is definitely the alpha dog in that match up.

I don't feel sorry for them one bit. They are what they are and I don't have much use for them.

DF

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 03/09/21.
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
The Netflix and other deals were signed after their income stream and security was cut off. This is what Harry says, and can be verified.

Because of Meghan's background, connections were forged and deals were made. Money was found and security purchased.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
So is the woke crowd going to call her out for cronyism and him on white entitlement? Like most things in life it depends on whose ox is being gored and ones personal vantage point.

No answers from me, but the cult of personality might make you a living but I’m not sure that is security in the sense they claim to desire. I preferred him when he played pool (or was it snooker) naked with ladies lol.

P
PSE Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
The paparazzi are going to have a field day with this one. They are the true winners in this. If Meghan and Harry think they had problems with them before, I think they have not seen anything yet.

I guess the TV rights, book deals and guest appearances that will be spun off this will all be worth it for them. A second rate actress (or is it now actor) did indeed make the most of her talents.

The poor Queen - I'm sure she thinks she's lived for too long.

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
I watched it! If it was designed to be a real interview, maybe have someone conduct it who isn't in their inner circle. Oprah is friends, lives down the street, went to their wedding and brokered housing and security through another close friend, Tyler Perry. No tough questions or real follow up when serious allegations were made. If you are going to make those claims, I think you should put a name to what was alleged. Also, Meghan hinted that the reason Archie lost security was because of his race. Oprah really never pressed Meghan hard on this claim. The real facts are, he's not entitled to a title or protection because he's not a prince and not a grandchild of the monarch. Simple as that! Nothing racial to it.

I don't doubt they had some serious family issues, but claiming you wanted to get away so you could have a simple private life is ridiculous when you move to Southern California, start a production company, buy a 14.7 million dollar house and put yourself out there for an interview. It's not like the royal family was making public statements and they needed to defend themselves.

My complaint of the two really is the way they took shelter in BC, got free government security and never had the courtesy to thank the tax payers of this province for money spent.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Recorded and watched it all. I’m surprised that someone with her professional experience couldn’t have managed things better. Hopefully time and California sunshine will heal the wounds that these slights have created.

I would have welcomed Horrible Harry as our Governor General.

In these crazy times, there is probably a scenario involving a terrible accident or even a drunk driver, that Ultimately puts Harry on the throne. Not likely, but not entirely inconceivable.

All above my pay grade,

Cheers !

History May Not Repeat, But it Rhymes.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I am not a fan of the monarchy. The interview reinforced that.

I felt sorry for the couple. I felt angry that their own family as well as the palace staff ignored both their requests for help.

Meghan is more comfortable in front of the camera.

Damage control has already started across the pond.

Hook, line and sinker! OMG she's and actress! I feel sorry for Harry, fool that he is, but not POOR little Meagan

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Switch
I am not a fan of the monarchy. The interview reinforced that.

I felt sorry for the couple. I felt angry that their own family as well as the palace staff ignored both their requests for help.

Meghan is more comfortable in front of the camera.

Damage control has already started across the pond.

Hook, line and sinker! OMG she's and actress! I feel sorry for Harry, fool that he is, but not POOR little Meagan

Harry's a prince, but that doesn't mean he's that smart.

IMO, he has emotional scars from his early childhood experiences with what happened to Diana. He's always been a rebel of sorts. He's gotta have issues with the Family and the Paparazzi, both he considers complicit in Diana's demise. The Paparazzi hounded her, the Family didn't support her, left her twisting in the wind. Of course, a lot of that was her fault, but Charles clinging to Camilla wasn't that cool, at least in Diana's eyes. Diana didn't fit the Family mold, didn't play her expected part. Harry is following suit. It may be his middle finger to the Family. Of course, Meghan knows this and how to make it happen. Harry's her pawn. She's the brains behind the scene and of course, has allies in So CA, way better sympathy and support than from the Palace. She's in control in LA, and IMO, she's a control freak.

DF

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
She married into the "whitest" family on the planet and is surprised at the outcome. Many of those folks are quite old and set in their ways. No amount of laws, social and media att'n will change that. She should have married elsewhere if she didn't want those results.

Grandstanding for profit ..... I'm sure she had recovered from her many concerns and past hurts when Oprah wrote that cheque for the interview.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

328 members (219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 257robertsimp, 1_deuce, 204guy, 46 invisible), 2,544 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,238
Posts18,485,844
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.