Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Blue ink?
In the old days most important papers were to be signed with blue ink.

Well, that was at least until they perfected color copiers.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
We traded freedom for security and look what it’s gotten us.

This is nose-diving at a far faster rate than I’d have ever expected.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
By law, you can use a passport or even a passport card to travel. I flew with Delta last week and had no problems. I do not have a Real I.D. and will only have one when I have to get it when renewing my license.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
My DL expires in May. Think I'd like to pass on the real ID but am not sure I have a choice.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Even if you've gone paperless, you should still be able to open a pdf file of your "paper" bill through your online account and print a hard copy.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Even if you've gone paperless, you should still be able to open a pdf file of your "paper" bill through your online account and print a hard copy.
but will they accept your home printed copy like I asked ? i have printed them off dont know if it was from PDF file ,..but not everyone has a printer ,like older people ,or it dies ,and you dont have the money ,or cant find one like this past fall due to covid -19 ,then your screwed

NRA Life Member
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I went a couple counties over to a court clerk’s office and did mine. No lines, no mouth breathers, no one sitting there holding a chicken, none of that.

Old guy with a bow tie, telegraph cap, leather suspenders. Said he’d never seen a Passport Card before up close. Whatever.

In/out in 15 minutes, only because he was bored wanted to talk.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by 16bore
Real ID to travel and nothing to vote. Makes sense.

Well, damn, they have to get into the country to vote, don't they?

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by rem shooter

but will they accept your home printed copy like I asked ? i have printed them off dont know if it was from PDF file ,..but not everyone has a printer ,like older people ,or it dies ,and you dont have the money ,or cant find one like this past fall due to covid -19 ,then your screwed

I don't see why they wouldn't accept it, but I have no idea. You never know with govt employees. This thread is the first I've heard of this Federal Real ID. I would think the idea is that the utility bill is just another point of confirmation you are who you say you are. It will have all the information they would need to verify with the service provider you have an account with them, so it shouldn't matter who prints it out. I suppose a possible workaround would be to call the provider's customer service and make a special request for a hard copy be mailed out and state the purpose for it.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
I went a couple counties over to a court clerk’s office and did mine. No lines, no mouth breathers, no one sitting there holding a chicken, none of that.
Old guy with a bow tie, telegraph cap, leather suspenders. Said he’d never seen a Passport Card before up close. Whatever.

No Renegade?

FJB & FJT
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rem shooter

I don't see why they wouldn't accept it, but I have no idea. You never know with govt employees. This thread is the first I've heard of this Federal Real ID. I would think the idea is that the utility bill is just another point of confirmation you are who you say you are. It will have all the information they would need to verify with the service provider you have an account with them, so it shouldn't matter who prints it out. I suppose a possible workaround would be to call the provider's customer service and make a special request for a hard copy be mailed out and state the purpose for it.
They're called different things in different states. You might have heard of it by another name. The common name here in Idaho is star card because your drivers license get a gold star in a corner.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
They're called different things in different states. You might have heard of it by another name. The common name here in Idaho is star card because your drivers license get a gold star in a corner.

Thanks for clarifying. My DL has the gold star but I don't recall doing anything special to get it other than renewing it the last time.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
In 2014 to renew our DL's we had to provide certified copies of our birth certificates, our marriage license so my wife's name change was explained, and a utility bill showing out address. We each got gold stars on our licenses and my wife said why don't you just give us a patch to sew on our clothes? If that wasn't enough she added that Obummer could not get a license in our county cause he doesn't have a valid birth certificate.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 16bore
Real ID to travel and nothing to vote. Makes sense.

evidently the travel part is a lie since you can come in across any border without real id

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The availability of Real ID is a plus in my opinion.

New Mexico is now using it for drivers licenses, etc., and that seems to be a response due to so many fake IDs. Hopefully, it will lead to other uses, though it certainly bears the risk of too much government control. Having a permanent one party state like this one really shows the risks.

Some complain about the use of proof of identity for voting purposes, but I believe the ones who do so are actually disingenuous about illegal voting.

Norm

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And then bring it into Photoshop and create an unlimited number of fake identities.

Politics is War by Other Means
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a retired military ID card and a passport. If those don't suffice them I'm SOL because I am not getting any more identification from the Feds.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Fed ID? Had not heard of that. So I no longer exist?
It is basically our Kentucky driver license .it use to be run by the county or state. .but we was told if I remember right they have to go buy Federal rules .they had to stop using county buildings and build brand new buildings to give out the license one building per a region instead of one per town .or county ,as it use tone.it has been a FUBAR here in Kentucky use to take 15 minutes and out the door .some people say it takes an hour and a half or longer if everything goes right

Last edited by rem shooter; 03/11/21.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by slumlord

No Renegade?

He declined, no CiCi’s in Houston County.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Yes, if you print an accurate copy of the bill sent to you they will accept - or at least they did for me. Print the actual bill - not just the email message that bill was attached to.

I got my Enhanced Driver License last Jan - a step up from Real ID, more proofs required at DMV. (An Enhanced ID satisfies all the requirements of a Real ID plus can be used instead of a passport for border crossings with Canada, Mexico and some Caribbean countries.) I changed state residence, so was getting new Driver License, registering to vote, and registering a pickup, motorcycle, and two trailers. Was in and out in half an hour with everything done.

Go to your state DMV website. Find and print out instructions for getting Real ID (or Enhanced if you want one). USE THE INSTRUCTIONS! Helps to download and fill out DMV forms at home before you go. Take more proofs than the minimum required. Drop whole mess in front of the DMV clerk and let them pick out the proofs they want to use.

Last edited by MikeL2; 03/11/21.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

66 members (Akhutr, 358wsm, 2500HD, akpls, 12 invisible), 1,491 guests, and 773 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,924
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.