Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Originally Posted by bobinpa
Originally Posted by ribka
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...icial-suv-ncaa-march-madness-made-china/

And I'll keep buying Toyota over poor quality foreign made Ford, GM products

Good thing US taxpayers bailed out Chinese GM

Possibly the most misguided post in a while...
1. GM HD trucks are made in USA. Mine are all made in either Wentzville Missouri or Flint Michigan....says so on the sticker on the door jamb.
2. I've NEVER had a major failure with any of them. Biggest problem I had in the last 15 years was on a 2006 Chevy Express van with a Duramax in it. The water pump went at approx 65k miles.
3. Toyota doesn't make a HD truck... unless you want to call a 1/2 ton with a 350 in it an HD truck confused GM made a V8 in I think 1953. They made the first 5.7 Liter 350 in I think 1968....all Toyota did was copy it like they do with most everything else.
4. When you buy an American "assembled" Toyota, the profit goes back to Japan. When you buy a foreign assembled GM, the profit comes to America...
5. There were 987 businesses that got bailed out in 2009 along with GM!!!
6. Why do all the narrow minded people refer to it as the GM bailout while they still use credit cards and get mortgages from banks that were bailed out along with GM?
7. Why do people call it the GM bailout when Ford and Chrysler also got bailed out?

And people wonder how we got here in America....some can't see the forrest for the trees!!! confused confused

That you think Toyota copied the 350 is laughable, as is much of your post.

Really??? When GM started making V8s, Japan was still running around in rickshaws. But you think that Toyota came up with their own V8. Sad that you don't have more pride in what Americans did.

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by pahick

Yes! This isnt fuggin rocket science here. Did you look at anything besides the GMC symbol before you bought it?? Look under the hood. If you dont see a foreign label on some components your blind.

When your done there look around your house.

You keep presenting variations on the same equivocal argument, that being:

1. Because many things are made in China, it's unreasonable for one to prefer fewer things not be made in China.
2. Arguments against any particular Chinese made item are invalid unless every Chinese made item is also condemned.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings
Maybe someone could answer a question or two. Does GM buy the components to build a vehicle from outside suppliers? I am pretty sure they do. Are U.S. made GM vehicles assembled with Chinese manufactured parts?

Do US defense manufacturers use foreign components? I know they do. I deal with it every day.
So where do we go with all this BS?? Buy wtf you want, ill buy wtf I want. Nothings going to change until globalism is eliminated in the US. NOT going to happen.

I'm just asking. I have a brand new GMC 4WD PICKUP. But it would be nice if made in the USA was made in the USA. I suspect a lot of made in USA is assembled in USA from parts made by slave labor in places like China. Call it what you want, it is slave labor and we are supporting it to the detriment of our people. Does anyone know the answer to my question as to whether U.S. made GM vehicles are assembled from Chinese components?

Yes! This isnt fuggin rocket science here. Did you look at anything besides the GMC symbol before you bought it?? Look under the hood. If you dont see a foreign label on some components your blind.
I was asking for information and I suspected I was buying a U.S. assembled truck made of low bid Chinese parts. You could be a more polite but I do thank you for answering.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kingston

1. Because many things are made in China, it's unreasonable for one to prefer fewer things be made in China.
2. Arguments against any particular Chinese made item are invalid unless every Chinese made item is also condemned.

And? You cant have it both ways. Bitch about foreign automobile components while watching the news on your foreign tv. Its BS.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Maybe someone could answer a question or two. Does GM buy the components to build a vehicle from outside suppliers? I am pretty sure they do. Are U.S. made GM vehicles assembled with Chinese manufactured parts?

Do US defense manufacturers use foreign components? I know they do. I deal with it every day.

So where do we go with all this BS?? Buy wtf you want, ill buy wtf I want. Nothings going to change until globalism is eliminated in the US. NOT going to happen.

I'm just asking. I have a brand new GMC 4WD PICKUP. But it would be nice if made in the USA was made in the USA. I suspect a lot of made in USA is assembled in USA from parts made by slave labor in places like China. Call it what you want, it is slave labor and we are supporting it to the detriment of our people. Does anyone know the answer to my question as to whether U.S. made GM vehicles are assembled from Chinese components?

You're getting way oof track here... I know that there are foreign parts in my GM. I also know that there are things in my house that were not made in USA. However, when you buy a GM with foreign parts in it the profit goes into the American economy and when you buy a Toyota assembled in America, the profit goes to Japan. It wasn't my idea to put foreign parts in an American truck, but I'd rather see the majority of the money stay on this side of the pond. I also know that some things can't be bought made here anymore, but when I can I do. I buy foreign things like phones, keyboards etc, but I do it reluctantly and shamefully. Bragging about buying foreign is like bragging that you chit the bed. Sad that so many are so happy to help a foreign economy instead of taking pride in their own country. Hating the UAW is truly no different than cutting off your nose to spite your face....which is why Japan and China are doing so well...with OUR money.

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I was asking for information and I suspected I was buying a U.S. assembled truck made of low bid Chinese parts. You could be a more polite but I do thank you for answering.

Hick and Bob appear to be most ungracious ambassadors.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'll never have a GM Truck.....

and there is a simple reason for that...

I worked in a GM factory for two years in college....Framingham Mass... to the tune of 50 to 60 hours a week...

I saw "GM Quality" right there on the line first hand....( really lack of quality, that was sarcasm folks)

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
grin

Trump Won!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by bruinruin

1. GM HD trucks are made in USA. Mine are all made in either Wentzville Missouri or Flint Michigan....says so on the sticker on the door jamb.
2. I've NEVER had a major failure with any of them. Biggest problem I had in the last 15 years was on a 2006 Chevy Express van with a Duramax in it. The water pump went at approx 65k miles.
3. Toyota doesn't make a HD truck... unless you want to call a 1/2 ton with a 350 in it an HD truck confused GM made a V8 in I think 1953. They made the first 5.7 Liter 350 in I think 1968....all Toyota did was copy it like they do with most everything else.
4. When you buy an American "assembled" Toyota, the profit goes back to Japan. When you buy a foreign assembled GM, the profit comes to America...
6. Why do all the narrow minded people refer to it as the GM bailout while they still use credit cards and get mortgages from banks that were bailed out along with GM?
7. Why do people call it the GM bailout when Ford and Chrysler also got bailed out?

And people wonder how we got here in America....some can't see the forrest for the trees!!! confused confused

That you think Toyota copied the 350 is laughable, as is much of your post.

Really??? When GM started making V8s, Japan was still running around in rickshaws. But you think that Toyota came up with their own V8. Sad that you don't have more pride in what Americans did.

I have pride in what Americans do.... but that is American workers... not American Business Management...

GM doesn't care about Americans... they care about making a buck, with the execs getting those big bonuses... nothing more, nothing less...
saw it first hand working there.... and yeah, once you're in it, you in it for life.... so I am still a UAW member...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The Toyota I drive was built in Kentucky. Biggest Toyota plant in the world,..550,000 cars and 600,000 engines a year.

https://pressroom.toyota.com/toyota-motor-manufacturing-kentucky-inc-tmmk-fact-sheet/

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd rather push a Toyota than drive a GM.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
1998 Silverado Z71, 453,000 miles, 379,000 on the engine and transmission before I bought a new crate motor and transmission. Still ran smooth, just no power in the mountains. Everything else except brakes, several batteries and one alternator and water pump is original. Some of my buddies have spent $200k on various trucks since I spent $22k on this one.

Like A Rock!

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I think if you check your facts
ford was the only one that did not get bailed out they took action early on to avoid the situation. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Why its GM proud to announce that some of their vehicles are made in China; after the bailout when they stated all vehicle would be produced in the US after ripping off the tax payers.

That is the question

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by JGRaider
We put literally millions of miles on Chevy's, and Ford 1/2t 4x4's over the past 25 years in our fleet. Toyota's lasted no better or worse than the Silverado's and F150's here in the oilfield, except the newer Tundra's were worse....plagued with electronic issues consistently. This is my real world experience, not guessing or reading about it. Good idea to own stock in a refinery if you're gonna run a Tundra 4x4.

Now JG, lets not start muddying the waters with extensive experience or facts on the subject. LOL

R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
bobpa's proud that GM ripped off the Americans payers to the tune of tens of millions of dollars and that gm union workers' helped get Biden and Harris elected lol can't fix stupid

Originally Posted by northcountry

I think if you check your facts
ford was the only one that did not get bailed out they took action early on to avoid the situation. Cheers NC

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by WAM
1998 Silverado Z71, 453,000 miles, 379,000 on the engine and transmission before I bought a new crate motor and transmission. Still ran smooth, just no power in the mountains. Everything else except brakes, several batteries and one alternator and water pump is original. Some of my buddies have spent $200k on various trucks since I spent $22k on this one.

Like A Rock!

sure just a little 4 Runner, with a 4cylinder....4 WD....

bought new in 1987 with 2 miles on it....

Original motor and trans, and transfer case, rear and front differentials... 580.000 ,miles on it...

just came back from a 3,000 mile round trip down to SE Arizona and back to Oregon...

J
JJF Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I have had both Chevy & Toyota trucks, all of which have been reliable. I had a 1990 Chevy ext cab with the short block 350 and manual transmission. Sold it 13 years later with 377,000 miles and still had original engine & transmission. The only major repair was a rear axle at 340,000 miles. Not bad for a truck that I paid about $12,500 for. When it came time to get another truck, I wanted auto trans, so I checked with the mechanic shop that maintained all of our company's truck fleet (mostly 3/4 & 1-tons). When I asked about the auto transmission longevity of trucks in general, I was told that the Big 3 domestic was keeping them in business while they saw very few foreign trucks. So, my next 2 trucks were a 2001 Tundra and a 2014 Tundra CrewCab. No complaints about them either.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kingston

1. Because many things are made in China, it's unreasonable for one to prefer fewer things be made in China.

And? You cant have it both ways. Bitch about foreign automobile components while watching the news on your foreign tv. Its BS.

It's your strawman argument. If you were honest with yourself, you'd admit as much. I'm not sure what your agenda is, but it's clear the extent to which you'll go to defend it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hard to swallow, but Toyota employs more Americans than GM. Toyota, as far as I know, doesn’t manufacture any cars in China. Components, yes.

It’s a sad state of affairs.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 1234, 10ring1, 58 invisible), 2,266 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,261
Posts18,486,455
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.