Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Toyota truck and Yamaha outboard owners have a special kind of blind loyalty.

It's pretty amusing.

No. I base my loyalty on 30 years of driving Toyotas. I see how dependable they are, and how ridiculously high the resale value is.

It's funny to hear people say schit like "my 2018 GMC has been problem free." And? Keep that vehicle and talk to me in 20 years...

Like my '92 C1500, or '06 Silverado? lol

How about the '77 GMC I have parked here too.

lolol

GM ought to offer the Nagasaki and Hiroshima trim levels.

MAGA
GB1

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M

It's pretty amusing.

For me, not blind - based on 60 years+ of experience.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223

It's pretty amusing.

No. I base my loyalty on 30 years of driving Toyotas. I see how dependable they are, and how ridiculously high the resale value is.

It's funny to hear people say schit like "my 2018 GMC has been problem free." And? Keep that vehicle and talk to me in 20 years...

Like my '92 C1500, or '06 Silverado? lol

How about the '77 GMC I have parked here too.

lolol

GM ought to offer the Nagasaki and Hiroshima trim levels.

I have a GMC and Ford, both with about 200k problem free miles. I like Tundras too.

Wouldn't take a Tacoma.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The union bs could be a thread on its own...

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Nagasaki Trim Level"!

Is that the one with Cinder Gray wheels, Ash leather interior, Melted bumpers that blend into the body panels.....

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ribka
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...icial-suv-ncaa-march-madness-made-china/

And I'll keep buying Toyota over poor quality foreign made Ford, GM products

Good thing US taxpayers bailed out Chinese GM

I have no problem buying foreign, what I won't buy is a American product, moved offshore for cheap labor.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I owned a lot of new cars and trucks. GM by far had the most issues. Ford was very good. Subaru was about the same. My Toyotas have been the best. Solid on many levels.
Personally my next car/truck will be a Toyota. I am thinking about trading my 2018 4Runner on a new one because it probably will be inexpensive. So far in 70,000 miles I have zero issues. Everything is like new. Just oil, filters, and tires.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
List of GM factories worldwide.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_General_Motors_factories

Note that PSA Group bought many GM plants and they will be working in cooperation with each other. So just because the plant sold, does not mean that GM is out of the picture.

"General Motors is buying 7 percent of PSA Peugeot Citroen stock to become its second-largest shareholder, and the two will develop a parts and components purchasing alliance that will save $2 billion per year combined within five years. They will share b-car (subcompact), d-car (midsize) platforms, SUV, and crossover platforms."

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Oldman3
List of GM factories worldwide.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_General_Motors_factories

Note that PSA Group bought many GM plants and they will be working in cooperation with each other. So just because the plant sold, does not mean that GM is out of the picture.

"General Motors is buying 7 percent of PSA Peugeot Citroen stock to become its second-largest shareholder, and the two will develop a parts and components purchasing alliance that will save $2 billion per year combined within five years. They will share b-car (subcompact), d-car (midsize) platforms, SUV, and crossover platforms."

https://global.toyota/en/company/profile/executives/

MAGA
IC B3

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by fester

It's pretty amusing.

Lol nice suzy!

At least it ain't Evinrude!

Lol

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I’ve run the Mercs, Yamaha, Honda
Meh......

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Done did it . Honda gets my vote.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by ChuckKY
This is last years J.D. Powers racking of initial quality of automobile manufacturers. Might open some eyes here, but I doubt it. J.D. Powers seems to get the most traction with these studies and rankings. Like most opinions here, these studies are probably open to interpretation. May surprise some people which brands falls below "average". Toyota is well below average quality in initial quality as of 2020 per J.D. Powers. "Chinese GM" and Chevrolet ranked way higher than the "American" Toyota brand .

https://www.jdpower.com/business/press-releases/2020-initial-quality-study-iqs

Ha Ha. J. D. Powers reminds me of the bond rating services that helped precipitate the housing market crash. Total Crap.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
GM's cooperate officers.....

Note the head of GM is an obama appointee....Barra was appointed when obama's first appointee (Whitacre) lied about GM's bailout payback.

https://www.gm.com/our-company/leadership/corporate-officers.html

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Marley7x57
This is last years J.D. Powers racking of initial quality of automobile manufacturers. Might open some eyes here, but I doubt it. J.D. Powers seems to get the most traction with these studies and rankings. Like most opinions here, these studies are probably open to interpretation. May surprise some people which brands falls below "average". Toyota is well below average quality in initial quality as of 2020 per J.D. Powers. "Chinese GM" and Chevrolet ranked way higher than the "American" Toyota brand .

Ha Ha. J. D. Powers reminds me of the bond rating services that helped precipitate the housing market crash. Total Crap.

J.D. Powers is based on Customer, Owner feedback. Maybe they all lied?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

J.D. Powers initial quality survey is a joke. I've received surveys from them a few times after buying a new vehicle. They usually came after only two or three weeks of ownership. Not much time to form a knowledgeable opinion.

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

It's pretty amusing.

Kinda like Leupold scopes...
Only Toyota trucks and Yamaha outboards seem to work.

LOL!!!

R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R

A union member who loves communists China. I am shocked!!! How much American tax payer dollars did your union get in the last bail out? Just curious

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

Those studies are bought and paid for by the manufacturer. All J.D. Powers listings are purchased. The last group to rely on!

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1234, 10gaugeman, 56 invisible), 2,644 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,403
Posts18,527,970
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.