The GM vs. Toyota thread is an amazing look at what influences some peoples consumer choices. It can get pretty heated and even funny sometimes.

What I'm wondering is how many of us really consider the political and patriotic aspects of the things we purchase. I'm talking everything not just trucks.

Do you go to buy a new refrigerator or TV and consider where it is made, what is the companies political views, are they union, does the union support guns? Does the company support the perversion of the month?

Maybe I'm different, but when I think about buying a new pickup I research specifications, dependability and choose what I feel is right for my uses. The last thing on my mind is what the management supports or if the CEO is gender confused.

Same thing with most anything else. I like Made in USA! I like supporting politically like minded companies, but in these days of globally sourced parts it's hard to find anything 100% American.

Trying to base every purchase on choosing the right company rather than the right for you product can lead to insanity.

Does having a white Tundra made in the USA by a Japanese owned company make me an semi-anti American racist?? I think I'll buy a horse and wagon.

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)