Print Thread
Hop To
D
DickD Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
Seems we have been inletting a lot of stocks recently for Rem 600/660 rifles, so I guess a lot of you guys must have and like this neat little carbine's. As you know that funky plastic factory trigger guard will only fit the factory stock with it's very slanted closed pistol grip, so in any standard stock design we can only inlet these as a blind magazine and an ADL type trigger guard. Now the front of the ADL trigger guard ends up under the mag box and there is no way to put a screw in here so you reverse the TG and put the small hole in back and just have the one screw holding it in place.
Now the question. I was talking with Ross at Williams triggerguards today. What would you all think of a nice BDL type trigger guard with opening floorplate to fit a 600/660 action in a normal stock. This would not, repeat not, fit the factory stock, but would properly work with any of the normal Remington stock designs like the Rem. Classic, the Rem. Mountain Rifle, etc, for those restocking these rifles.
You comments and wheather or not this would be an attractive proposition would be appreciated.
Dick D. at McMillans

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dick,

Since a couple of those 600 stocks you mentioned are mine, I would jump for joy at such an option! BTW, I ordered Williams ADL TGs from Rick too.

Questions that come to mind:
1. Could you retro the inletting on existing stocks?
2. Would the existing mag box be modified or would it be made so that a 700 SA BDL mag box would work?
3. If this is a joint venture, would adding a third stockmaker help lower the cost? My thoughts are since McM makes fine synthetic stocks only, would getting a wood/laminate stockmaker to inlet for the Williams BDL TG lower costs without cutting into your sales? Richards Microfit Stocks has made a few walnut stocks for me and seems to be a regular maker of 600s.
4. I've paid close to $100 each for steel replacements for the OEM TGs on the factory stock. Would the price be near a Williams 700 BDL TG ($150ish)?

The idea has potential. I am willing to run some "field tests" for you too. I wouldn't even bill you for my time or expenses!

RH

Last edited by himmelrr; 08/09/07.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
3 of them have been mine, I'm with Himmelrr, can you retro fit them? I think it would be a great idea. They are great little actions to work with.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have bedded a piece of power hacksaw blade in the bottom, inside the magazine cutout. Drilled and tapped, it anchors the front of an ADL TG.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
What would the BDL setup weigh? Most people look at the 600/660 as a light weight, easy to carry rifle. I know I do.

That is why I have three of them and my oldest grandson has one. My three I am getting ready for my other grandkids to start shooting centerfire.

I would not want anything to add weight. It would be nice if the 600/660 ADL stocks had a nut glassed in for the trigger guard screw. The 600/660 Mac I have now does not have one.

NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
My smith takes a small washer, threads it and glassess it it the stock, it secures the front screw, and works well.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Anything to give 600 owners more options is a plus in my mind. I have the factory stock and a steel trigger guard, I would like to restock with a McMillan someday, so this otion could be promising, weight would be a question for me as well.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (06hunter59, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 21, 160user, 1Longbow, 61 invisible), 2,006 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,270
Posts18,525,479
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.