Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
2ndwind Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
They say it's about "respect" and they want "peace" but are ready to fight anyone trying to take it down....How big is the muslim population in Windsor?
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/web...rters_Defend_Pro-Hizballah_Sign#comments

Terror Supporters Defend Pro-Hizballah Sign
Sun, Aug 12, 2007 at 9:01:25 pm PST

�Brazen� doesn�t even begin to describe the attitude of the Hizballah supporters in Windsor, Ontario: Backers defend controversial sign.

The people responsible for a controversial billboard depicting Hezbollah�s leader said they did it to honour their freedom fighting families back home � and it�s their Canadian right to do so.

�In Canada we want peace,� said Hussein Dabaja, a Lebanese-born Hezbollah supporter. �We�re not trying offend anybody. We have freedom of speech. It�s a free country. We can do anything. Every Lebanese in Canada has somebody that died in Lebanon, the freedom fighters. Who is Hezbollah? Our brothers, our family, our parents, our friends. We came to Canada and they stayed there to fight.�

The billboard went up Friday at the corner of Wyandotte Street East and Marion Avenue, and immediately drew fire from the Windsor Jewish Community Centre, the Lebanese Christian political group Kataeb and others.

Among other Lebanese leaders, the sign prominently depicts Hassan Nasrallah, the head of the political and military group representing Shia Muslims. Hezbollah, considered a terrorist organization by the Canadian government, was created in 1982 primarily to resist the Israeli occupation of Lebanon that lasted two decades.

�The sign shows the Lebanese community finally got a chance to express their feelings about what is going on, to show respect,� said sign supporter Ayat Choukeir. �Before we were Canadians we were all Lebanese. To see a part of Lebanon in our city makes us really happy.�

Dabaja said the billboard was not meant to be an anti-Jewish statement.

�People who have something against the billboard don�t like Hezbollah and they don�t want peace,� he said

Please don't feed the trolls!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Oh and that fighting thing was not the violent bad kind of fighting....

Dabaja said he's one of a number of local Lebanese community members who had the idea about seven months ago, after discussing other options to honour people back home that included a candle light vigil.
He said community members and leaders of organizations representing about 700 people settled on the billboard plan. Dabaja said support from people has swelled since the sign went up, including some who stopped by Sunday to take pictures.
He said several of Windsor's Lebanese citizens will do what it takes to keep the sign up, short of violence.
"The whole community is not going to let anybody take it down," said Dabaja. "It's going to stay up until the last minute. If someone comes to take it down, they're ready to fight for it, to protect it to be up there. We're not trying to offend anybody."

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
IF, that happens here in Vancouver, BC, I WILL take it down and ANY camelhumper Islamofascist that wants to TRY to stop me will experience a "conversion" .......

WHEN will we wake up in Canada, they do not belong here!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

�We�re not trying offend anybody. We have freedom of speech. It�s a free country. We can do anything."

Why is it the people who are always crying "freedom of speech" mostly don't have the wisdom or take the responsibility of using it correctly.

If offends me!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Why do so many bring their wars with them? Why not just stay there if they want to bring it with them?

A golf course is a sad misuse of a perfectly good rifle range.
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
That is exactly what they should be doing, staying at home to fight. It is no wonder we have problems here. Makes me violently ill to see this kind of schitt in Canada. If things are so bad in the homeland, then stay there and sort it out, don't come here to fight your wars in the streets of Canada. All they are doing by bringing it here is burdening Canadian society with increased crime, shootings, health care and DEAD Canadians who just happened to be walking down the street when these [bleep] decided to start shooting or bombing etc. Then what happens? More laws are passed which further restrict the rights and privileges of those of us who are born and raised to respect Canadian culture and traditions.

They are promoting terrorism openly by supporting the Hezbolla movement yet this group has been outlawed in Canada! Has anyone in the Ontario govt done anything about this? OPP? RCMP?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Their Canadian passport is a wonderful thing for them to have when they need it.

A golf course is a sad misuse of a perfectly good rifle range.
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Let's hear it for Canada, the billboard is down:
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/web...st_Billboard_Removed_in_Ontario#comments

One of the comments from above. BTW if I was a tax payer in Canada.....I'd be VERY MUCH against this:

"A lot of Ontario has this serious problem. During the war last summer we learned that there are 15,000 canadian citizens living in Lebanon who wanted evacuation. Basically they come here when they need health care but reside in Lebanon, unless things go wrong in which case they want Canadians who actually pay taxes to foot the $100 million bill for their retrieval.

There are more Shawarma places downtown than Starbucks and Subway put together. That's how many lebanese live here."

Last edited by 2ndwind; 08/13/07.

S
S
Originally Posted by kutenay
IF, that happens here in Vancouver, BC, I WILL take it down and ANY camelhumper Islamofascist that wants to TRY to stop me will experience a "conversion" .......

WHEN will we wake up in Canada, they do not belong here!

A sign like that should never have been put up. Much as I don't care for some of your other comments, I agree with you on this one to the point that if I was present, I would HELP to take it down and then wait for the police. It would be worth the trip to jail.

By the way, I am a naturalized Canadian citizen born in Germany, but I am not a German-Canadian or Canadian-German with ties to another 'homeland'. I am a loyal Canadian and proved it by serving in a Canadian infantry regiment until my retirement last year. So anyone who wants to beak off on me as to my loyalty or agenda is nothing but a white feather as far as I'm concerned unless they've taken the shilling themselves.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by SakoAlberta
Why do so many bring their wars with them? Why not just stay there if they want to bring it with them?

Wouldent that be nice! Instead of all the BS they bring over with them. How much longer before they are shooting their AK's in the air and claiming it to be "Freedom of speech".

Wild Sheep Foundation Life Member
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
So piss them off to their brothers and friends, sounds like a good system to me.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
[/quote]So anyone who wants to beak off on me as to my loyalty or agenda is nothing but a white feather as far as I'm concerned unless they've taken the shilling themselves. [/quote]

MY family has been fighting in Canada's wars since the early 17thCentury; I was not in the military, I WAS in two provincial forest services and the Canadian Coast Guard. MY family members fought AGAINST Krauts at The Somme and Passchendaele among other WWI battles and in several of the most crucial WWII battles, including D-Day.

If, you do not want your agenda queried, then watch your big mouth and stop making stupid comments, ...white feather..., YOU have NO clue what that REALLY means. It IS a part of the heritage of families like mine that eliminated Kraut fascist-genocide in TWO wars....see German murders of old men, women,, children and babies in Belgium and France in WWI plus Dachau, Dora-Mittlebau, Buchenwald etc.in WWII, among other atrocities.

Soon, it will be the 90th Anniversary of the CANADIAN victory at Passchendaele, my grandfather was an officer with the 21st Battalion, C.E.F, badly wounded there....YOU call ME a ...white feather????

You come to this forum as a "newbie"and do not offer a rational disagreement with my comments, but, dare to tell me that I am a disgrace to MY country and then presume to lecture me about being CANADIAN. Had you offered any real reason WHY you disagreed with my point, fine, but your "ad hominem" comments typified EXACTLY the attitude among all too many immigrants that people, like me, are dammed sick of and had/have NO value in this discussion.

IAM A CANADIAN, YOU are bloody PRIVILEGED to be a naturalized Canadian citizen and don't forget it. ONLY your service in Canadian uniform keeps me from going further in commenting upon WHO was/is a REAL disgrace to their "Vaterland", so, maybe think about this before shooting your mouth off again as my forebearance will not be so evident in a second instance.

S
S
Originally Posted by kutenay

MY family has been fighting in Canada's wars since the early 17thCentury; I was not in the military, I WAS in two provincial forest services and the Canadian Coast Guard. Snip...

Ahhh, a bigoted ex-snivel servant with attitude...

If, you do not want your agenda queried, then watch your big mouth and stop making stupid comments, ...white feather..., YOU have NO clue what that REALLY means.

Hmmmm... Charles Fitzgerald... yeah, that's right. (lol!) Like I'd use that term without knowing its meaning:-) Racists who spout off the way you do tend to be the white feather. But.... I'll take that back since you do claim service in the Coast Guard and I did find a picture that is soooo you:

[Linked Image]

So appropo for a k00k...

It IS a part of the heritage of families like mine that eliminated Kraut fascist-genocide in TWO wars

Uh, Germany was ruled by an imperial government headed by the Kaiser in WWI...

....see German murders of old men, women,, children and babies in Belgium and France in WWI plus Dachau, Dora-Mittlebau, Buchenwald etc.in WWII, among other atrocities.

Soon, it will be the 90th Anniversary of the CANADIAN victory at Passchendaele, my grandfather was an officer with the 21st Battalion, C.E.F, badly wounded there....YOU call ME a ...white feather????

Yup... The shoe so often fits when a k00k rants on and on about his patriotism and entitlements in one breath and spews racist crap in the next...

You come to this forum as a "newbie"and do not offer a rational disagreement with my comments, but, dare to tell me that I am a disgrace to MY country and then presume to lecture me about being CANADIAN. Had you offered any real reason... SNIP further crap

Your disgusting racist comments stuck out like a whore at a wedding. Any rational person needed no further explanation, especially since your racism is the worst kind, seeking legitimacy as it did by draping itself in a flag. Your forefathers fought 'Krauts' whose national leader sounded remarkably like you... But there is a low sort of comedy in watching you trying to wrap your bigotry in the flag; kind of reminds one of shoehorning an elephant into a cocktail dress...

IAM A CANADIAN, YOU are bloody PRIVILEGED to be a naturalized Canadian citizen and don't forget it.

ROFL! You're so funny when you rant!

ONLY your service in Canadian uniform keeps me from going further in commenting upon WHO was/is a REAL disgrace to their "Vaterland",

That would NOT be you, for sure; you sound so much like the little corporal...

so, maybe think about this before shooting your mouth off again as my forebearance (sic) will not be so evident in a second instance.

Stop, PLEASE, you're killing me!!!! ROFLMAO!!!!

One of the best ways to fight the scourge of racism is to drag it out into the open light of day and hold its ugly head up for all to see. The venom and hatred that spews out from people like you is sad to see, especially in light of the fact that 99.9 percent of it is rooted in fear. Anyways, enough of you and your poison.

'Have a cow, man...'

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Funny to hear a Kraut NAZI rave on about ...racism...

Kinda reminds me of the Krauts I have met here who tell me that "The English" started WWII and "We didn't know" about the camps....at least the Muzzies with the billboard are honest about their hatred and murders.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Don't you just love that coast guard picture... smile Typically Canadian.

S
S
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter
Don't you just love that coast guard picture... smile Typically Canadian.

There was a bunch of them done; that was the only one I could find of that lot:-(

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 22250rem, 160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 68 invisible), 2,466 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,477
Posts18,489,976
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.