Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by jmp300wsm
Chit we used to make the paddles in 7th and 8th grade wood shop and deliver them to the principals office. My parents happily signed the slip to paddle anytime the school deemed necessary. We did not have any kids taking meds like today and we knew what the paddle was for if we were sent to get it. We have gone liberal and soft as a country from kindergarten to the grave...............................YMMV

I remember this happening on the first day of school. PE and shop teachers got new paddles.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by lvmiker
I would never let some beta minus school teacher lay a hand on my kids. Parents are responsible for good kids and bad kids. Schools and teachers are responsible for the gender confused, entitled punks that are tolerated and set on ruining the culture built by the strong independent thinkers and doers.

Kids are being denied an education by those kgunts that are afraid of a bug.

Anyone who would trust them to do the right thing is also a beta minus. Touch my kid and I will fug you up.

YMMV

mike r

Yepper.

Big plus 1

I feel sorry that you have to have teachers like that. Most of those around here are pretty conservative and I have yet to get the impression they would be like described.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I was in 11th grade and had Coach Allen for Algebra and Trig. Most of the coaches were kind of dumb but Coach Allen had a degree from Ga. Tech and he was, needless to say, very smart.
Of course Coach Allen had a "board" and used it frequently, and I got it laid across my ass about five times in 2 years.

One day in class, Coach Allen told about some high school boys got real naughty one night. About 11 pm he was awakened by the sound of someone trenching his yard.
Coach Allen told us that he ran right out there with the 12 gauge. Of course, the car full of students hauled ass. What they didn't know, Coach Allen lived on a dead-end street. He told us, he just stood there by the mailbox waiting for them to come back. In a minute the terrified punks came roaring back at 80 mph.

Coach Allen told us, he didn't want to hit the boys, just wanted to scare them, and he just was firing bird shot, he waited until they got past and he gave them both barrels in the trunk. He said he knew it wouldn't penetrate into the passenger area.
And he told us, that was the last time his yard got trenched.

Whacking naughty boys with the wooden paddle, shooting the car of naught boys with the 12 gauge. It was a different time.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by renegade50
Had like 1 asthma kid in school growing up.
ADHD?? Dont remember any of those types.
Get Azz whippings at school.
Schittttt......
Btdt...

Rite of passage and cred.

Just jogged my memory of another paddling I got at school. Me and my negro buddy “Jewell-T” in 4th got busted for wrapping the swings and chains up around the overhead bar. It was hilarious at the time, not so much getting the seat warmed up in the office. Columbus, Ga.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by shaman
I didn't get paddled much in school. However, I got paddled as a freshman in high school for pranking the gym teacher. I was told on a Friday that it would be administered on Monday. I had all weekend to sweat it.

That is, that was the intent. Instead, I had time to think this out. On Monday, I had thick typing pad stuffed down my pants. Those things were used to deaden the sound of typewriters. I showed up for the paddling before class on Monday. The gym teacher had one other teacher as a witness. I bent over and . . .

"Thunk."

The gym teacher had grabbed me by my belt to steady me. When he administered the swat, he was so panicked he dropped me. I fell to the floor. Of course, I played it up. The two teachers were really upset. It had been this ungodly hollow sound. My first impression was that they were on to me, but as I lay there I realized it was an over-the-top success.

"Bruce! What did you do to him?"

"I don't know Dave! " said the gym teacher, examining the paddle.

I crawled up off the floor and acted hurt. I was due for two more swats, but they begged my forgiveness and I went on my way.

Nobody ever knew. I got special treatment from the gym teacher after that. He was always my buddy.

You're retarded.

Now why would you say that?

Oh, wait. I see who the poster is. Nevermind. Sorry. I'll tell the jokes slower next time.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Never so much as a hand laid on me by a teacher, though I deserved it a few times. Made a few trips to the principal's office, that was typically met w/spankings @ home. My most serious offenses in school were general smart-assery nothing malicious or that would've hurt another student.

Kids are 8 and 12. Teachers are told at orientation that if there is poor behavior we want to know ASAP and don't let things "build/slide". I have 0 problem w/stern language to set one of my kids straight should they need it however, true "Discipline" will be handled at home. 8yr old occasionally has trouble keeping to herself when she finishes assignments before the other kids, I "suffered" the same issue. My answer to youngest daughter's teachers is the same as my dad's was to mine, "Assign her additional work."

Kids are just about through 6th and 2nd grade. To date, they've both gotten excellent teachers.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Worst beating I ever took was 8th grade after a couple of us put crazy glue in the[older] math teachers seat.
When she stood the chair came with her.....
Took another good one at home that night.

FJB & FJT
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Our Mechanical Drawing teacher was also the Shop teacher and he had a paddle with the name “Board of Direction “ burned into the wood and he used it when called for.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by lvmiker
I would never let some beta minus school teacher lay a hand on my kids. Parents are responsible for good kids and bad kids. Schools and teachers are responsible for the gender confused, entitled punks that are tolerated and set on ruining the culture built by the strong independent thinkers and doers.

Kids are being denied an education by those kgunts that are afraid of a bug.

Anyone who would trust them to do the right thing is also a beta minus. Touch my kid and I will fug you up.

YMMV

mike r

Yepper.

Big plus 1

I feel sorry that you have to have teachers like that. Most of those around here are pretty conservative and I have yet to get the impression they would be like described.

I say if you feel that poorly about the teachers in your kids schools, then you are failing your kids by making them go there! Put them in a school that meets your apparently high standards.

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
If you want a job done right, do it yourself.

IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
i remember one of my middle school year book one of the first pics was of a classmate with the principal's paddle rared back and ready to go. Good time. I always remember the kids that had to get one and came back in the classroom cryin.

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
We had a line of red tip shrubs along the driveway. Dad would make us pick out our own switch. Worst thing was when you put your hands in the way and got hit on the arms. Learned quick.

I knew a morman kid that got whipped with an actual bull whip. He was riding home with us from baseball practice and told us about it. I don't know if my dad confronted hhis dad about it or not...but they moved back to Utah shortly after.

Last edited by killerv; 05/06/21.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I
Originally Posted by MOGC
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by ironbender
There’d have been a big problem if anyone at a school laid a hand on my kids.

I won't tolerate a teacher, or any other school employee, so much as verbally reprimanding my children.

Then YOU are a part of the problem.

Yep.

I’d argue you are much more so. If your kid gets so out of line at school you’ve failed to instill morales and respect in that at home. Relying on teachers to “parent” is the real crime here if you want to call it that. Parents are more responsible for the education and opportunities for their kids than teachers are as well. Dropping little Johnny off somewhere to do your 9-5 then hit a social event or something isn’t parenting. The biggest failing is the lack of real parents.

I agree with Paul 100%. I’d be front page international news if an adult touched one of my kids. That’s because I’ve raised my kids to have manners, respect, and responsibility from day 1. If an adult disciplines my child it would be without merit and my kids in general seem to have better manners and integrity than most adults I meet.

Funny, you look at social media posts and everyone shows how much they do coaching kids for the big game but when Covid hit they’d just “die” if they had to teach Math. Most parents are as much to blame for indoctrinated kids as teachers are. If you talk to your kids and not at them you might have some influence in their lives.

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by gremcat
I
Originally Posted by MOGC
Originally Posted by RiverRider

I won't tolerate a teacher, or any other school employee, so much as verbally reprimanding my children.

Then YOU are a part of the problem.

Yep.

I’d be front page international news if an adult touched one of my kids. That’s because I’ve raised my kids to have manners, respect, and responsibility from day 1. If an adult disciplines my child it would be without merit and my kids in general seem to have better manners and integrity than most adults I meet.

This.

My kid graduated at the top of his class of 400+. Shot on the trap team in high school. Goes to a major university that accepted 8% of their applicants for their top rated business school He holds 3 jobs right now starting the day exams were over. Not bragging, but it's in the parenting. He isn't perfect, but I couldn't ask for much more.

If that fat pig hit my 6 year old with a board, she'd have to go home and explain to her dyke wife why that board was stuck sideways in her fat gash.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

Of course you wouldn’t because your kids, like all the kids today, are special and nearly perfect.

It is funny though, that the generation of school disciplined kids was so much better than these losers parents are turning out now.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Got caught in high school band practice drinking wine out of a bota bag that I had dropped down the bell of my Sousaphone (marching type tuba) and run a long plastic tube down by the mouthpiece. The other tuba player and I were enjoying a little vintage Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill and it didn't occur to us that my horn sounded like sheit! The band director noticed, however and when he discovered the "obstruction" he went to work on our azzes. He was a little Jewish guy with "little man syndrome" and was notorious for his paddling. He had a custom 3/4" thick paddle with beveled 1/4" holes drilled in it. After he finished, your azz looked like you'd been sitting on a sheet of pegboard for an hour.
When we were practicing marching formations he used to carry the paddle under his arm like you would a riding crop and slip up behind whoever was fugging off and bust the hell out of them with it.
Managed to get him back somewhat though. In the last high school football game I ever played in, I was run out of bounds returning a kick and mowed him over and knocked the breath out of him. Ruined his all-white suit and broke his goofy glasses too....Mr. Stanley Leopold-R.I.P.

John

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
For a teacher the first line of defense IS the parents, or should be. Phone calls usually work.

If young Johnny has a parent or parents worthy of the name he doesn’t want his misbehavior getting back to his folks. If young Johnny has a pi$$-poor parent or parents they still don’t want the hassle.

Plus that way everything gets documented early on.

If Johnny keeps misbehaving his parents get called in. Generally this mostly happens with bad parents, and they hate that hassle and time out of their day even more than phone calls.

Mostly though you just want a negative consequence for the kid. Doesn’t have to be a big negative consequence, in fact it’s better if it ain’t. Detention for example, a half hour out of our day is nothing, at their age it’s hassle enough that it ain’t worth getting it.

Actually, the best teachers hardly ever have to send a kid to the office, their classroom is a place kids want to be.

Can’t imagine beating a high school kid would work, didn’t work with us as kids. After you’ve hit ‘em and they’ve shrugged it off, what then?

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Can’t imagine beating a high school kid would work, didn’t work with us as kids. After you’ve hit ‘em and they’ve shrugged it off, what then?

You never got it hard enough if you shrug it off. I know of a guy that would hit you so hard, you’d get a speeding ticket going through Denver.

You don’t forget that kind of behavioral modification.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by HitnRun
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

You never got it hard enough if you shrug it off. I know of a guy that would hit you so hard, you’d get a speeding ticket going through Denver.

You don’t forget that kind of behavioral modification.

It dont work on some people.

I am MAGA.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

Hell, I would have had BIG problems if Dad had ever learned I had given a teacher cause to discipline me.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (1minute, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 58 invisible), 2,191 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,010
Posts18,500,198
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.