Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by KFWA
maybe this happens to you guys , never seems to happen to me

I hang on to a car - lets say its worth $19K when I insure it, then over time, like 5 years, the car is worth $6K (probably a Ford with that kind of depreciation).

My insurance rate never seems to go down, even though the value of the car does. I know that it doesn't mean that squat about me hitting someone else, but you'd think you'd see some kind of drop, even if its only $50

The bulk of insurance costs are in the medical liability.

^^^ This ^^^ and liability costs in general, too.

Check out what little difference in premiums there is when dropping full coverage portion on a vehicle, especially on older vehicles.

GB1

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm not a lawyer, but I had kids and paid their insurance.

Minnesota law leans toward SandBilly's version, but with a twist. No-Fault laws contain a 'frozen liability' clause that dictates an insurer must pay liability claims no matter what was said or agreed to prior to the claim/accident. The twist is that while the insurer must pay your liability claim - they can sue to recover their costs at a later date.

I bit the bullet and paid the going rate. I never viewed it as a morality play, just a better gamble.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Well we all learned that sand bully will lie to save a buck. I know whether i will ever trust him or sell to him. Rest of you make up your own minds

yea really , gaming the system , making others pay for him !!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I told our agent after seeing our rates go up that my wife was getting an abortion for that teenager.

JK

We insure a few houses, 5 vehicles, a boat on our policy, so get a fairly good break. I’ve been known to tell an agent I don’t want to shop for insurance but will if prodded.

Don’t recall them prodding much & iirc they gave us same answer Flave got, insure cars not drivers 🤷🏻‍♂️

Youngest just turned 23 & I can’t remember what day it is, so above may be fos

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Not only are a lot of the costs associated with medical and liability...but the value of your vehicle only matters in a total loss situation. That's not all that common. The parts cost the same to repair your car regardless of its value. And the likelihood of you having a claim is the same no matter how much your car is worth.

The only time I've ever made a claim is total loss. 2 vehicles.

I cover my car - full coverage, 2mm umbrella and Harley - full coverage for 190 a month. West Bend. And because I'm claim free, I usually get about 120 a year back as a "refund" from them.

Not too bad.

Harley is worth 2x what the car is tho...

Me

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Straying afield a little bit. Everyone that has "full coverage" with state minimums in liability coverage ought to reconsider. Especially if you have minors in your family driving. In most states your uninsured motorist coverage is limited to the amount of your liability limits and most agents don't push for higher limits which add very little to the overall cost. My brother in law always prided himself on his full coverage which included the Louisiana minimum of $30K liability and the corresponding $30K in un/under insured motorist coverage. A distracted lady came over into his lane with a GMC Suburban and demolished his little Ford Escape killing his wife and almost killing him and their 15 year old son. The lady in the Suburban had $50K total liability coverage and no personal assets to attach. For years I've been carrying $500K in UIM and liability coverage and I feel underinsured. This same brother in law carried a $25K whole life policy on himself and both kids instead of a much higher limit term policy on himself and his wife. In short, he collected barely over $100K for a million$ plus accident and his health insurance was trying to attach the money last that I heard.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
there are alot of old grouchy f#$kers on here who think its ok to run their mouth to people because they are hiding behind a keyboard. How about if you have somethiung to say to someone you list your name and address first. If not, just STFU you bunch of cowards.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by blairvt
there are alot of old grouchy f#$kers on here who think its ok to run their mouth to people because they are hiding behind a keyboard. How about if you have somethiung to say to someone you list your name and address first. If not, just STFU you bunch of cowards.

I noticed you called a bunch cowards without listing name and address....

Irony.

Me

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Teal

Irony.

I wasn't insulting anyone in paticular. Did you think I was talking to you?

Last edited by blairvt; 05/13/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The thing that worked for me was to put my son on my farm policy and let him drive a farm truck (which it was, primarily). Cheap vehicle, good student discountand liability only made it pretty doable. And when he spun out on ice and tested the airbag on the guardrail, the accident was never reported...... Even though it was a waste of a perfectly good Tacoma with only 330,000 miles on it......

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Teal

Irony.

I wasn't insulting anyone in paticular. Did you think I was talking to you?

Nope but still - the point stands.

You apparently had something to say - didn't list name and address first and then further hid behind your keyboard by not naming names.

Now you're pulling lawyer tricks, back peddling when I noticed the irony.

Me

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Geeze.

This guy must be a real bad ass.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
$300 additional per month for a teen driver and a brand new car doesn't sound that bad really.

Sucks but that's what it is.

In my business, I had a 19 yo working for me. To add him onto the policy cost me about $4000 a year.

My current private insurance is through the roof also because I have 1 teen driver (17 yo) and we own a lot of vehicles on the policy (7 motorized vehicles plus trailers, camper etc.) My son has a permit and will be getting his license this fall. At that time, I am going to be looking into putting a vehicle in his name and get his own policy.

Montana MOFO
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Some families would have a hard time explaining that their child rarely uses a vehicle.

Others, not so much.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Hastings,

The same thing happened to me. My dad, who was very financially astute snd should have known better carried 50k on his vehicle. He was hit head on by a kid who crossed the center line while looking for his cell phone, kid had the minimum 25k of coverage. My dad died as a result of his injuries after spending more than two months in the hospital. Our recovery was a pittance to what it should have been.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

Geeze.

This guy must be a real bad ass.

Maybe we can get him and Blackheart in the ring for a 'Fire PPV event. I'd be surprised if either could sustain vigorous movement of any sort for 2 minutes.

Posting under a pseudonym for safety's sake of course.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Entertaining thread! lmmfao
People wanting to throw hands!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Slidellkid
I have been insured by USAA for over 25 years. I recently purchased my 17 year old daughter a new Kia Forte with every safety feature known to mankind.

Our insurance prior to adding the new car and my daughter was 167 per month for my 2011 Ford Truck and our 2014 Pathfinder. Our new premium is now about 450 a month.

Has anyone found a good, reputable company to deal
with when it comes to adding a teen driver?

What are the best strategies for saving some money or best companies to get a quote from?

Thanks,

Dan

How much does Kia Forte insurance cost?

https://insuraviz.com/vehicles/kia/kia-forte-insurance/

The cost to insure teen drivers is expensive. Average rates for full coverage Forte insurance costs $5,352 per year for a 16-year-old driver, $4,988 per year for a 17-year-old driver, and $4,652 per year for a 18-year-old driver.

Does insurance cost less on cheaper Forte models?

With Kia Forte car insurance cost ranging from $1,442 to $1,534 annually for the average driver, the most affordable model to insure is the FE Sedan. The next cheapest trim level to insure is the LXS Sedan. Expect to pay at least $120 per month for full coverage Forte insurance, depending on your location.

The two most expensive models of Kia Forte to insure are the GT Sedan at $1,534 and the GT-Line Sedan at $1,488 per year. Those two trim levels will cost an extra $92 and $46 per year, respectively, over the lowest cost FE Sedan model.

The table below shows average annual and 6-month car insurance costs, plus a monthly amount for budgeting, for each Kia Forte model and trim level.

Kia Forte Insurance Cost by Trim Level Kia Forte Trim Level Annual Policy 6-month Policy Per Month
FE Sedan $1,442 $721 $120
LXS Sedan $1,442 $721 $120
EX Sedan $1,488 $744 $124
GT-Line Sedan $1,488 $744 $124
GT Sedan $1,534 $767 $128

Forte vs other small cars: Which has cheaper insurance?

The Kia Forte ranks #9 out of 24 total comparison vehicles in the small car category. The Forte costs an estimated $1,480 per year to insure for full coverage and the category median rate is $1,521 per year, a difference of $41 per year.

When compared directly to other small cars, Kia Forte insurance costs $60 more per year than the Honda Civic, $164 more than the Toyota Corolla, $18 less than the Nissan Sentra, and $226 less than the Hyundai Elantra.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Oh looky here, you come up for air after sucking varmintGuy’s old cock?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
#DOUBLESHEESH

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

228 members (10gaugemag, 1minute, 338reddog, 45_100, 406_SBC, 1beaver_shooter, 27 invisible), 2,464 guests, and 1,047 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,758
Posts18,514,915
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.