Print Thread
Hop To
Y
ykrvak Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Y
Selling our Home/Business on the Yukon River. If you're looking for a change of pace and a chance to experience the true Alaska, then this may be of interest to you. I arrived at the land 6/2/06 with a boat load of tools, set up camp, and started working. The barge dropped off more tools, a woodmizer sawmill, and fuel a few days later. Now, 15 years later we have a healthy business and beautiful home. Recently some life challenges have cropped up and we're needing to change our situation and be closer to services. Thanks for looking!

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/99768

Hopefully the link works.

Edit to add: Getting some calls and texts from our customers. Yes, as long as we own the lodge all of our services will remain in operation. We are planning to take fall fuel orders as usual and look forward to seeing all of you this fall. Thanks for the continued business and support!

Last edited by ykrvak; 05/25/21.

Because through judicious handloading and a bold sense of optimism, you can make anything into an .88 Magnum - once! ๐Ÿ˜ - chesterpulley
GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The link works. Beautiful place. Best of luck to you!

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Beautiful property. Good luck with sale.

Y
ykrvak Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Y
Thanks guys. Appreciate the well wishes. I'm going to continue to live here full-time and run the business so the new owner/s can step in and continue. It would also be a good situation for someone who works from home and doesn't want to continue with the business end.

Because through judicious handloading and a bold sense of optimism, you can make anything into an .88 Magnum - once! ๐Ÿ˜ - chesterpulley
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Maybe I missed it but... what's the business you're in? Looks wonderful!

If things were as obvious as they initially appear . . . then men would be riding horseback sidesaddle . . . and not women. - Will Rogers
IC B2

Y
ykrvak Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Y
Originally Posted by GunGeezer
Maybe I missed it but... what's the business you're in? Looks wonderful!

We currently offer fuel and lodging to folks and commercial entities traveling and working in the area. We offer unleaded at the river for boats (huge during moose season) as well as for snowmachers during the winter. The bulk of our summer business is now helicopter fueling and housing their crews. We have both 100-LL (avgas) and Jet-A. In the past we did fishing and site seeing guided trips as well. Covid stopped that for the time being, but we actually do better with the helicopters. I still do boat charters for people needing to get places, and it would be easy to reestablish the fishing and sight seeing in the Nowitna refuge if someone chose to.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by ykrvak
Selling our Home/Business on the Yukon River. If you're looking for a change of pace and a chance to experience the true Alaska, then this may be of interest to you. I arrived at the land 6/2/06 with a boat load of tools, set up camp, and started working. The barge dropped off more tools, a woodmizer sawmill, and fuel a few days later. Now, 15 years later we have a healthy business and beautiful home. Recently some life challenges have cropped up and we're needing to change our situation and be closer to services. Thanks for looking!

Beautiful place, thatโ€™s my kind of living.
any grizz roaming in the area of the homestead?

"When guns are outlawed,only the outlaws will have guns".
J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Man I wish. Sorry you have to sell, that would be a heckuva retirement spot. Good luck with sale.

"An armed society is a polite society."

Joe S.
Y
ykrvak Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Y
Originally Posted by remingtonman
Originally Posted by ykrvak

Beautiful place, thatโ€™s my kind of living.
any grizz roaming in the area of the homestead?

Lots of critters around here. Both griz and black bears, along with moose, a small caribou heard, wolves, ect.....

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
if I only were younger, in good health, ohh, and had money, ha ha. Very nice and congrats on living the dream, very few people have the ambition and strength to do it.

I don't want a pickle, I just wanna ride my motorcycle
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Are you on the North side, down river from Ruby, near Kokrines?

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Beautiful.......honestly, that is an awesome place........but, a million dollars?? Will take a special client........best of luck!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by skywalker
........but, a million dollars??

[Linked Image from s3.amazonaws.com]

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Understand, I wish I had the money, this is a beautiful view to wake up to!!! Best of luck!!!

Y
ykrvak Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Y
Originally Posted by johnn
Are you on the North side, down river from Ruby, near Kokrines?

Well, it's upriver, but yes Sir, that's us.

Last edited by ykrvak; 05/27/21.

Y
ykrvak Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Y
Originally Posted by skywalker
Beautiful.......honestly, that is an awesome place........but, a million dollars?? Will take a special client........best of luck!!

Just to lend a little perspective for you. $200 per sqft isnt an unreasonable valuation of a residential home in an Alaskan town. That would put the lodge itself in the $850k realm. Building in the Bush is much more costly and difficult. That doesn't even take into consideration all the rest of the structures, equipment, infrastructure, 80 acres with 1/2 mile of shore frontage, and business earnings. It's actually a reasonable asking price.

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
I wish my wife said yes when I showed her the listing pictures! Lol

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by HarleyHutch
if I only were younger, in good health, ohh, and had money, ha ha. Very nice and congrats on living the dream, very few people have the ambition and strength to do it.

you couldn't have said it any better for me.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (1badf350, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 1minute, 1Longbow, 204guy, 58 invisible), 2,339 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,025
Posts18,500,501
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.