Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by 7 STW

I love their moto No Gimmicks No Marketing No Bullchit.

No gelcoat, limited options, no custom barrel contours, most of the models don't appear to come fully inletted. What am I missing?

Looks too me a lot like a Bansner (nothing against them or Wilcat either) - a nice DYI stock, but not a fully finished, ready to install product with a ton of custom options like a McMillan.

Last edited by jds44; 08/17/07.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't have a dog in this fight, but in McMillan's defense the less options you offer then the less there is to screw up.

They give you a FULLY custom stock that is drop in ready (most the time) so there are more variables to make mistakes on.

I just got word from CAS that a McMillan I sent him didn't have 100% fill around the rear action screw, easy enough to put a pillar in there and crisis avoided for a couple of bucks. Stuff happens, oh well, no sleep lost.

J

[Linked Image]
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by jds44

I love their moto No Gimmicks No Marketing No Bullchit.

No gelcoat, limited options, no custom barrel contours, most of the models don't appear to come fully inletted. What am I missing?

+1

Jim

"The skillful woodsman who knows his game, and who gets close, can keep himself in venison or moose meat with a rifle most of us would consider entirely inadequate." - Jack O'Connor
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Need to see one finished.Beside's I'd rather set it up myself to my rifle.

Most good things in life need work to be obtained.Too many people have forgoten that.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Myself I think Serengetti or Wildcat stocks from Edmonton blow them away very easily.

That's quite a statement. How many of each have you owned, or handled?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yup

Personal preference.But thanks for the concern.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If i'm paying for a product I shouldn't have to accept mistakes, thats not what i'm paying for. Some of you seem to think that it's ok if McMillan or whomever sends you a product thats not quite up to par, you can just fix it or send it back and let them fix it. All it takes is a little better QC to catch some of those simple things that seem to slip through the cracks.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Wildcat is OK... But (in my opinion), these are the Canadian guys to talk to about the best rifle stocks in North America.

Robertson Composites

[Linked Image]

I own two and am supremely satisfied. But there are 1000's of McMillan owners who will say the same thing about their stocks...in the end, when it comes to something being "the best", it is really a subjective choice.

However, when it comes to discusing McMillan stocks/service on this forum there does appear to be some "group think" mentality. Who knows...Maybe they have earned it?

Last edited by Saskabush; 08/18/07.

"After consulting an RCMP forensics expert, the federal tribunal officially published its verdict online this week, decreeing that Megatron, leader of the Decepticons, is definitely not a replica firearm."

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
General Purpose Hunting Pattern: 3.2 lbs... YIKES!

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Must have that new lead fill.
And they only have 1 hunting pattern stock.
To compete with McMillan they need to have more options.

Last edited by BWalker; 08/18/07.
IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Brad
General Purpose Hunting Pattern: 3.2 lbs... YIKES!

Good catch...That is kinda heavy! I am using their stocks on Palma and F-class rifles. I can attest to the fact that those are excellent.

"After consulting an RCMP forensics expert, the federal tribunal officially published its verdict online this week, decreeing that Megatron, leader of the Decepticons, is definitely not a replica firearm."

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I'd suggest everyone chill,McMillan is still top of the heap and if we give ownership a chance we'll hear from them on this issue...

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My last A5 was a tad crooked through the barrel channel if that makes sense. The barrel pinched along the left side of the channel while the right side was clear. I could have dremmeled it but The everything was going to GA Precision for work anyway. I had them deal with it.

That said, my A5s sure drive nice.

hope ya get everything squared awat D'cathcer.

Mac

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Curious as to why you think so --- please elaborate a little if you would?

NRA Life Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
I'd suggest everyone chill,McMillan is still top of the heap and if we give ownership a chance we'll hear from them on this issue...

I'm sure they got to be top of the heap through hard work and customer satisfaction but you can't depend on your past reputation to keep you at the top. Too many companies have tried to do so and failed.

This thread is 4 days old and I'm sure someone from McMillan has been looking at it. If they were going to respond, I think they have had ample time to do so.

I'm not looking for or expecting perfection, but if I spend my hard earned money and wait 6 months I do expect to get a useable product.

Just my $.02 YMMV

DT

BMD Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks like you are going to have to wait longer than 6 months to get your stock DT, and I agree with you, maybe they are slipping a little, hope not as I am waiting on mine as well.

Scott

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Funny how offended all the MexMillan owners are. Less customers buying the products, the faster they will get theirs. They should send me a Thank You card. Not to mention...Maybe MexMillan will get their schit together due to posts like this, and send them perfect products in the future instead of wrong LOP, crooked barrel channels, and wrong fill weights...

FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It is always good to hear both sides of the story though yours seems obvious enough. I've seen people bitch about wrong orders when they sent a barely legble written order. Out line barrel channel or imperfectly mounted barrel? I don't see so much offended Mcmillan owners as reasonable, the sky is not falling, owners.

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
I own a Tacoma, and it is my third Toyota truck. There is currently a thread going on a Tacoma forum for people to post if they have had rear diff problems on their 2005 Tacomas. A lot of people have had their 3rd members kaboom on them, just going down the highway.

They are wanting people to post the problems so that Toyota will fix the issue, and hopefully issue a recall. No one cried, no one was offended, and no one posted a picture of their 99 Tacomas to try and prove a point.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
No one cried, no one was offended, and no one posted a picture of their 99 Tacomas to try and prove a point.

That's because owning a Toyota truck is not a religious experience... I know, I've got a 2000 Tacoma (grin).

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

617 members (1minute, 007FJ, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 219DW, 63 invisible), 2,902 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,482
Posts18,490,208
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.