Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
SAKO75 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
you think there is only one per week?

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I thought I smelled the Moped start up!! The North Slope Cowboys are warming up!

Last edited by Boss Hoss; 08/16/07.

NRA Life Member
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by SAKO75

You're right....

Seems this must be more like the daily quota.

SAKO75 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Originally Posted by SAKO75

You're right....

Seems this must be more like the daily quota.
its not everyday you hear about crushed diamond coatings!

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I want to thank Sako 75 for posting this. It must have taken you a while to find all this stuff and post it.
Speaking only for myself, it nice to see what I used to post and what I post now. I've learned a lot here. And not just from really informed people like Mule Deer, JJHack, Flinch, Big Stick, Prarrie Dog Shooter and a host of other helpful people.
Those with some pretty wild ideas have helped out too. Chris of SWFA nade some pretty wild statements about the Conquest when it first came out, for instance. Because of his comments and others who claimed things like "Leupolds quit before the end of legal shooting hours while Zeiss/Swarovski/S&B's keep right on working," I've had to learn a few things. For one, that last statement simply isn't true. I've found that JJHack is dead right. They all work if they have at least a 32mm objective and sufficently heavy reticle.
First, get to know your source before you buy what he is selling. The Diamond Coat error I made were a result of making this mistake. Live and learn.
Then there is the other side. After a while, who they are, what their experience level is, and how they hunt and shoot will all come out. Those tell who and what such people are to teach me things.
Then, of course, nothing beats understanding how optics work and with that comes an understanding as to what the optical compromises are regarding them.
For example, Chris once made the claim that the Swarovski PH 2.5-10X50 rifle scope is the best hunting optic there is.
Maybe in his opinion, but not mine. For one, the eye relief and eye box are way to small for my needs. For another, it's a big, heavy 50mm whose extra optical performance I have no need of.
I gather some of you don't think anything has changed, or have really learned anything. Not me. E

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E, where you hunt,what you hunt, and how you hunt, makes your info good enough for me. Take Care.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E, where you hunt,what you hunt, and how you hunt, makes your info good enough for me. Take Care.

Did you honestly believe that Leupolds Diamond coat was actually made with crushed diamonds when E posted that it was?If E's info is good enough for you as you so plainly posted,then you should have accepted his post as fact,even though it was totally false.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Maybe you can get some of the Diamond coat......[Linked Image]

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Eremicus
For example, Chris(SWFA) once made the claim that the Swarovski PH 2.5-10X50 rifle scope is the best hunting optic there is.
Maybe in his opinion, but not mine. For one, the eye relief and eye box are way to small for my needs. For another, it's a big, heavy 50mm whose extra optical performance I have no need of. E

I poped over to the SWFA sight.Cant seem to find a 2.5-10x50 but there is a 3-12x50 that weighs in at 16.9 oz.
Well lets see.
Chris at SWFA.
Optics professional.Sells rifle scopes for a living.Has access to and runs side by sides on just about every rifle scope made.Uses Swarovski on his personal rifles.
E from 24hourcampfire.
Uses Leupolds.Never owned or looked through a Swarovski.Read a book.
Yep.Sounds about right.
dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
SAKO75 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
LOL

― George Orwell, 1984
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No stub, I didnt.

But I really enjoyed Mule Deer's analogy: this post has turned into nothing but a bunch of BS.

If you guys think you are impressing anyone here at the fire, dream on. Your constant BS has just about ruined the optics forum.

Last edited by AggieDog; 08/19/07.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I thought I heard a moped drive by... Most of the other North Slope Cowboys are still at Starbucks LOL.. laugh

It is hard to believe well no it's not never mind.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Did you honestly believe that Leupolds Diamond coat was actually made with crushed diamonds when E posted that it was?

No stub, I didnt.

So you knew that E's info was b.s.,yet you post

E, where you hunt,what you hunt, and how you hunt, makes your info good enough for me.

In other words,information that you know to be B.S. is good enough for you.

Your constant BS has just about ruined the optics forum.

As you just admitted here in your post,you knew E's post was B.S. yet you complain about other people posting B.S.Why don't you complain about E posting what you know to be B.S. if you think that B.S. has just about ruined the optics forum?

Last edited by stubblejumper; 08/19/07.
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Stubby, you seem to think I still believe all that. I don't. I discovered my mistake, took responsibility for being wrong and corrected my opinion. That was some years ago.
If that's the best you have to support your opinion that I'm full of hot air, then you have no proof at all. E

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I discovered my mistake, took responsibility for being wrong and corrected my opinion.

Now you are telling a bold faced lie.Reread the thread below.

http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1421043/m/870108201?r=980108201#980108201

As everyone can plainly see,Norseman discovered your mistake not you.You did not admit your mistake until challenged by Norseman.Yes everyone makes mistakes,but we don't all resort to lying about them as you just did,and I just quoted.

If that's the best you have to support your opinion that I'm full of hot air, then you have no proof at all. E

How is posting the link and quoting your lie,so that the readers on this forum can see you caught in a lie for themselves for proof?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

248 members (10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 10ring1, 1_deuce, 12savage, 29aholic, 30 invisible), 2,281 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,492
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.