Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
I like Wolverine boots. Had a pair of Brownings once and they were very comfortable. Wore the soles right off of them. Lota miles.

You see in this world, there's two kinds of people my friend; those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
You're going to laugh, but my favorite boots for hunting over the past 30 years has been these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PD1YTSK/

They've lasted since 2015. They're warm. They keep my feet dry. The tread is good-- I never slip.

1) I walk about 2 miles a day during hunting season. I never cover more than 100 feet of vertical.
2) I usually spend 5 hours at a time in the blind or stand.
3) These are just boots for hunting; When I hit the porch, they come off.
4) If I'm going to be out in sub-freezing weather I add boot blankets to my kit.

I've got all kinds of boots for other types of situations, but for rifle season in KY and turkey season, these have done better than $200/pair boots and they cost less than $40. They replaced a $200 pair of L.L. Bean boots I'd had for 30-some years that got too narrow for my feet. I gave them to #3 son and he's worn them 5 seasons.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I’ve really grown to love Lowa GTX Renegades. Comfortable, dry and virtually no break in. Hunted with them for the last ten-twelve years and zero complaints.

This year though I’m trying out Oboz boots and they appear to be everything the Lowa is, even better. So far they are an incredible boot. Like the Lowa, not much, if any, break in needed. They do run a tad small but once you get fitted...holy moley....they feel like they were custom made for your foot. I wear an 11.5 D but that translated to a 12W for my particular fit. A few of my guide buddies out west use them and love them.

https://obozfootwear.com/en-us/product/mens-bridger-mid-waterproof

Last edited by Godogs57; 06/22/21.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

My favorites are Danner Pronghorns and Ive had several pairs but IMO they ruined the boots with the advent of the 5th generation Pronghorns. I currently wear Irish Setter Elk Hunters. They are awesome boots imo.

"Pride is the only disease that makes everyone sick except the one that has it"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
From the replies looks like you are after Leather boots.

If you wanna try muck style, look for some DryShod brand.

Seems like i saw where one of the original Muck guys started another brand.

I wore a pair last season. Around here it’s mud and water. By the end of season it’s nasty gumbo mud. Not really ideal for leather boots.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B2

W
WITUfan Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
Thanks Shaman. I’ll roll the dice on a pair of those for that money, even if I buy something else as well. I have had for years a couple
of pairs of cheap boots that bought on a recommendation (well, the first pair - thenI found a pair on sale for $25 and bought the second). They were great but aren’t made anymore. I am usually a you get what you pay for guy but there are bargains to be had. Thanks for the tip on these.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
having wide, long feet and needing significant ankle stability due to an injury requiring reconstruction. I ended up buying kenetreks a size bigger and love them

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't know what happened to hunting boots. My local stores used to have everything in all price ranges, and all leather, not goofy camo.

I had a pair of Browning Huntsmans that lasted forever. My current pair of LL Bean hunting leather boots( not the Bean boot) aren't made now.

Redwing made lots for Browning. Now they don't have crap to choose from. WTF happened??

Last edited by JD45; 06/27/21.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Springcove
Of all the boots I have worn over the years Crispis have been the best. Of course as others have pointed out it’s subjective.

Crispis are great, I also really like Hoffman’s. For sheep hunting I use the crispi hunter which is probably my favorite boot of all time. I’ve gone through a few pairs of crispis for mountain hunting over the past 5 years and really like all of the models I’ve used.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I’ve gone with the Meindl’s lightweight hunters the last couple of years and they are a good warm waterproof boot for under $200. Easy break in and the insulated version stays warm at 10K elevation in the snow.

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
I have the Cabelas Meindls that in their current Meindl USA line would be:

Vakuum: My favorite of the bunch. Non-Insulated, The sole stiffness is "just right" for me. As long as I can be moving, I use them for everything from upland hunting in early Sept in ND/MN/MT to elk/deer hunting in Oct/Nov, and back to late-season bird hunting in Dec.

Comfort Fit Light Hiker: I wear them year 'round when I need something more than shoes but I'm not hunting. I've hunted in them but I prefer the extra support and just a bit stiffer sole of the Vakuum.

Glockner: They're STIFF. I don't like them if I'm doing much driving like we do for bird hunting. For birds it's working multiple pieces of cover with drives of 5-30min between and that stiff sole isn't comfortable to drive in. That said, they're very comfortable to walk/climb in. I wore them Caribou hunting in AK for a week (no driving) and they were great.

I also like the Kennetrek Hardsrabble hiker, but, it's not in the top 3 for me because it just doesn't fit my foot as well as the Meindls. That's subjective and in no way a slight upon their build quality. Several friends have several sets of Kennetreks and keep buying them as they're very satisfied.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by AKPENDUDE
Of all the boots I have worn over the years Crispis have been the best. Of course as others have pointed out it’s subjective.

Crispis are great, I also really like Hoffman’s. For sheep hunting I use the crispi hunter which is probably my favorite boot of all time. I’ve gone through a few pairs of crispis for mountain hunting over the past 5 years and really like all of the models I’ve used.

I was looking at Hoffman’s but didn’t know how the fit was, we’re they narrow or did they run small. I ended up getting Meindl USA, Glockners. They fit my feet very well and have a well cushioned insole, and are resolable. I have a pair of Crispi Wyoming’s that I use for upland game.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Hanwag is my go-to for boots.

Pitter Patter!
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Old Ornery
Originally Posted by AKPENDUDE

I was looking at Hoffman’s but didn’t know how the fit was, we’re they narrow or did they run small. I ended up getting Meindl USA, Glockners. They fit my feet very well and have a well cushioned insole, and are resolable. I have a pair of Crispi Wyoming’s that I use for upland game.

I ordered the Hoffman explorers in my regular size and they were fine but I’ve never really had picky feet.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (01Foreman400, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10Glocks, 53 invisible), 2,305 guests, and 1,135 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,649
Posts18,493,368
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.